CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP! I want to Henna

3 posters

Go down

HELP! I want to Henna Empty HELP! I want to Henna

Post by CocoaDreamee 12th August 2010, 5:11 pm

So I want to henna. Naturally my hair is truly black black black...with a black overlay! LOL So I bleach (I know, I know, heads are rolling) and then I color. Well I'm in the process of letting my bleach grow out. I have 3 gray hairs, yes 3! And that's 3 too many for my taste! LOL So...I hear henna can cover gray and give your hair a nice tint while slightly loosening the curl pattern. I have super tight perfect coils, so I figure a little loosening will be fine. Here are my questions....
1. Since I have to bleach to get my hair to take ANY kind of color,will henna work for me?
2. Where do I order it?
3. How much do I need? I have VERY thick collar bone length hair, did I mention it's thick as Hades?! Juuuuuussst checkin Smile

So please help....I have been reading all over and I have weights and indian words and forums swirling around all kinda confused! LOL Oh and I think the Jamila is the one I want, but the Punjabi Prime??? Is that the same thing? I look forward to your info Smile
CocoaDreamee
CocoaDreamee

Back to top Go down

HELP! I want to Henna Empty Re: HELP! I want to Henna

Post by DreamMerchant 12th August 2010, 10:38 pm

Fear not fellow curly! I do not know about how henna affects bleached hair. I am impatient and cannot wait to get things in the mail so I found a local asian market to stock up on my henna.
just to be on the safeside, I would use 2 boxes. 1 box is 100 grams. I think two boxes because you said your hair is really thick. You can always freeze what you do not use! I use Jamila in the clear bag. Some people get the one with a foil bag.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 13th August 2010, 7:08 pm

Hi Cocoadreamer,

The henna over your bleached hair will probably be red/auburn. However, as you grow the bleach out and as your black hair returns then the most colour you will get is red highlights in sunlight. So if it's really important to get colour from henna like you did with bleach and dye overlay, you may be a little disappointed.

You can order it online or get it from the local Indian grocery. I've done both, the grocery is cheaper but I've been very happy with the quality you can get online.

Yes as the previous poster suggested, for your first time use two boxes i.e. 200g and then anything left over you can freeze and use for next time.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down