CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

which one first HENNA OR ACV RINSE

+4
watkins
R2D2
ChrsLvsBks
KoKo
8 posters

Go down

which one first HENNA OR ACV RINSE Empty which one first HENNA OR ACV RINSE

Post by KoKo 11th August 2010, 4:28 pm

Hello CURLIES

I am going to try Jamila Henna for the first time!!! actually Im gonna do CurlyNikki's henna gloss
I also want to do an ACV rinse for the first time

whic one should I do first ladies I need some wisdom!! thanks

KOKO
KoKo
KoKo

http://pamelakorenn@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

which one first HENNA OR ACV RINSE Empty Re: which one first HENNA OR ACV RINSE

Post by ChrsLvsBks 11th August 2010, 5:15 pm

Please do the ACV rinse first. It can remove build up. You will not likely have any adverse reaction if you did it afterward. I suggest doing it first to rid your scalp and hair of any build up after cleansing.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KoKo 11th August 2010, 6:41 pm

THANKS!!!!CHRSLVSBKS

how long is your hair? those twist look awesome!
how often should I ACV ?

how often should I HENNA?

thanks so much!!!!
KoKo
KoKo

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 11th August 2010, 10:00 pm

I'm going to disagree here and think that you should do the ACV rinse another time especially if you have just shampooed your hair in preparation for the henna. ACV is acidic and in combination with henna the overall effect may be too drying all in one go. Henna is also acidic and by itself can be drying and most of us here need to follow up henna treatments with DCs and cowashes until normal moisture levels are restored.

Since it's your first time, I think you should be conservative and shampoo or clean your hair as you usually do and then proceed with the henna and see how you go.

Then you can start off with the ACV rinses once normal moisture levels have returned in between henna treatments and see how you go with that as well. If you keep them separate then it is easier to identify any issues that your hair might have with either one of them. If you do all of it all together, it's harder to work out the source of any issues.

It may be one day you find that your hair will be okay with both a ACV rinse and henna in one sitting but I would only do it if you are more prone than normal to build up that is interfering with the henna dye take up and you don't experience too severe dryness issues post henna.

Just my opinion for what it is worth.

You can henna as often as you like but I would recommend waiting until your hair has returned to nomal moisture level. For me that takes 1 DC after the henna and then one cowash 24-48 hours after that.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by KoKo 12th August 2010, 11:28 am

wow that sounds like wisdom thank you so I can know what does what with what reactions and positives thanks so much R2D2

I think that will be what I will do
KoKo
KoKo

Back to top Go down

Post by watkins 14th September 2010, 4:05 am

I always wanted to try Henna, but I am too chicken Also, I am really a fan of the color changes. But I really, really like to see if it makes the hair softer and easier, at least for some time.

watkins

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 18th March 2011, 10:16 pm

***BUMP*** (I know this isn't the newest of posts but here goes)
@KoKo -
Hi! Did u ever henna and/or ACV rinse? If so, how did it turn out?

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 20th March 2011, 12:44 am

hi, well I actually put ACV in my henna txs along with water, oils and honey. I use the ACV as the agent in the color release.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 20th March 2011, 12:42 pm

This is an interesting thread that I will continue to follow. I say that b/c theoretically, even though the opinions are different, they all have merit. Personally, I have done as Chrs suggested and ACV rinsed prior to henna for the reasons she cited. Never had a problem. I have delayed ACV as R2D2 mentioned for fear of possible drying. Now, that I use ACV routinely in the 1T/1C ratio, I know my hair won't have unfavorable results in the presence of potentially drying txts like henna, clay, or ayurvedic powders.

Perhaps the amount of ACV, type henna, individual's hair, ingredients in the mix, and the moisturizing ability of the conditioner are factors.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by darkbeautytt 24th March 2011, 4:50 pm

im so late on the thread but will input my two cent @koko you should do ACV last because like it was stated earlier its an Acidified, it closes the hair cuticle and thats exactly what you want after the henna treatment to close your hair cuticle, so u should DT after Henna then use ACV as the hair cuticle sealant and whatever sealant u want to use afterward. the ACV will return the hair Ph back to normal after the chemical dye process. hope my two cent helped
darkbeautytt
darkbeautytt

https://www.youtube.com/darkbeautytt

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 24th March 2011, 9:21 pm

Koko, Plz keep 1 thing in mind. If you decide not to ACV prior to the henna and if you don't use it in the henna, I would definitely NOT RECOMMEND doing an ACV rinse immediately after henna. Actually, I would wait at least 3 or 4 days. Remember, the henna oxidizes and you do not see your "set" color for a couple of days. Feel free to contact someone like Khadija at Henna Sooq or someone else who "specializes" in henna and they will explain this. Hopefully, my experience will not be yours. I wasn't happy with my hair one day because of a new product I tried so I did my normal cleansing (ACV rinse), but I forgot I had just done a henna 2 days prior. Well, needless to say, my henna color was that brighter less preferred color you see when you initially color or henna. So, I went "2 steps backwards" with moving towards my perfect color.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down