CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna help...please!

4 posters

Go down

Henna help...please! Empty Henna help...please!

Post by SabaJ01 3rd August 2010, 6:09 pm

I am soo confused on what I should do. My mom, who is Ethiopian, used henna on me when I was around 15 (now 31) and I remember the immediate results. I am already natural, but I have been coloring my hair and hi lighting it for a while now. I am in the army and I cannot come to work with some off the wall hair color or I will have issues.

I've been on those sites that sell BAQ henna, but not sure what to order. I currently just want henna for the conditioning benefits until I have enough new growth to where I wouldn't mind using henna to color my hair dark too.

Any suggestions???

Oh yeah, just though I mention that my twist and curls suck badly. I tried it about 6 or 7 times and I look like a hot mess!! I always end up with a wash and go afterwards...
SabaJ01
SabaJ01

Back to top Go down

Henna help...please! Empty Re: Henna help...please!

Post by MelMelBee 3rd August 2010, 7:19 pm

Hi SabaJ,

If you go back to curlynikki.com and click on henna, she has an awesome tutorial on henna. She also has a link to hennaforhair.com that has a book explaining everything there is to know about henna for hair. Nikki uses Jamila BAQ henna (cant remember from where, but it's a link on the page). I'm waiting for mine to come in the mail so I can do my first henna...YAY!

From what I've read, the more you henna, the darker orange/red stain it will make on your hair. It will not lighten your hair, so I doubt you'll have hair the color of a crayola. If you want it black, you can use indigo following henna to turn it black. Hope this helps!

Also, what makes your curls suck??? Are they frizzy? Weighted down? You may need to change the products you use based on your hair texture and porosity.
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SabaJ01 4th August 2010, 4:46 pm

Thanks. I just finished reading the book on henna and found I can use the cassia for the conditioning. It was just so much going on on the website I tried to order from I didn't know what to do. But as for the twist and curls, I used almost no product in my hair, so it wasnt weighted down, they just look retarded! The curls looked nice, but the back was a little frizzy. Idk, maybe I need the conditioning benefits of the cassia.
SabaJ01
SabaJ01

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 4th August 2010, 6:43 pm

Try extra virgin coconut oil and 100% aloe vera gel from like a GNC or Whole Foods. I made my own little concoction and it works great on the frizz. The oil moisturizes but is super light and the aloe vera gels gives great definition. They are both great to fight frizz! I have no clue about cassia Sad
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SabaJ01 8th August 2010, 10:26 am

I will try that. Thanks for the advice.
SabaJ01
SabaJ01

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 8th August 2010, 10:01 pm

What is your natural hair colour? If it is dark and you don't have greys you won't likely end up with clownish colours with henna, mainly a red sort of hue in sunshine which looks nice.

Basically if you opt to get your henna online, then you will need to get henna for the red base stain and also indigo powder to make it darker if you wish to. You can either mix the two together to get a brown colour fairly similar to the colour that you have in your avatar or apply henna and seperately to get something closer to black. Jamila would be a good online henna brand to start of with.

If you have an indian grocery nearby you can buy a henna blend mix such as Nupur, which have herbs added to them to make it more of a brownish tone. They are good for conditioning. This might be more of a cost effective option as buying online is more expensive.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Henna help...please! Empty What brand of Henna I'm confused

Post by Naturalandhappy 9th August 2010, 10:27 pm

Hello all I'm wanting too Heanna I been looking for Jamilia Heanna found some on eBay not sure if it's 100% it say it is. But i'm wanting my hair black but not a blue black wondering if I can add Amla to the Heanna instead of Indgo. And if I buy it out of a local Indian store what brand do I buy no one has Jamilia heanna & I want the 100% heanna. Please help me

Naturalandhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down