CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fattest States in America - NC is #10 and I'm not having it!!

4 posters

Go down

Fattest States in America - NC is #10 and I'm not having it!! Empty Fattest States in America - NC is #10 and I'm not having it!!

Post by Ms Hood 2nd August 2010, 8:53 am

The 7th annual 'which states are the most overweight' report came out a few weeks ago & I'm NOT PLEASED. I'm from NC and we are #10. Also, obesity rates are higher for Blacks and Latinos. As someone that's really big on fitness and eating well (no pun intended ;-), I really wish there was something I could do. Oh wait, there is! Lol.

I know there are a lot of people that use online assistance for working out, yet some people need a physical buddy or trainer (like myself). Lets see if we can get a real buddy system working. Hopefully partners can find each other (not just in NC). I know in NC, there are free fitness classes in the park, free buddy passes at gyms, etc if cost is a problem. I personally go to Planet Fitness and have the membership where I can always bring a buddy for free.

Lets help each other get right!!
Basketball cheers alien
Ms Hood
Ms Hood

Back to top Go down

Fattest States in America - NC is #10 and I'm not having it!! Empty Re: Fattest States in America - NC is #10 and I'm not having it!!

Post by tiashaunteé 2nd August 2010, 1:44 pm

It is a lot of big people here...I will admit that I am surprise that we made number #10. Those doggone runners and cyclists everywhere make me nervous. I always feel that they are going to fall in front of my car.

I use to go to planet fitness but my work schedule and school schedule barely leave me time to sleep. I walk on breaks and pop in the P90X DVD when I get a chance.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Fattest States in America - NC is #10 and I'm not having it!! Empty Re: Fattest States in America - NC is #10 and I'm not having it!!

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd August 2010, 2:21 pm

My state is #1 for the sixth year in a row....SMH

I've been working out since April 2009 and have lost about 20 pounds. My way of "helping out" is by post my stats on FB everyday I work out. SOOOO many people have told me I've motivated them to start working out (not just in MS).

There arent any free exercise programs around here that I know of. I will continue to make my "small" contribution.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 2nd August 2010, 5:52 pm

OMG, we were talking about this the other day at my job. I work at a health care foundation and I see all kinds of stats each day. You should check out the CDC's website if you want more information and resources. SCARY!!
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down