CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guilty Pleasures

+5
ciara89
Neems
Nikita
goombagirl
Mangos&Bananas
9 posters

Go down

Guilty Pleasures Empty Guilty Pleasures

Post by Mangos&Bananas 30th July 2010, 9:25 pm

So I thought I'd be cute to list some of our guilty pleasures.This might be semi-embarassing...so dont leave me hangin'!! lol.

1. Harry Potter Just finished the last Harry Potter book [7 book series] lol, big 'L' for lame? but i totally loved them all :-)

2. Massive Salads so i pride myself on eating salads[mostly cause im a vegitarian], but my salads are the WORST. i pile em up with cheese and crutons, and all that other stuff that totally defeats the purpose of a 'salad [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

3. Buffets LOL!! its totally okay with me though, I dont feel to bad, cause im pretty small [Thank God for Metabolism] but my mother hates the fact that i 'like' buffets. Idk why though. Once she asked where me and my brother wanted to go for dinner, I suggested a buffet [of course] lol. She got upset and said when a man asks me where I want to eat or go on a date, I better NEVER IN MY LIFE suggest a buffet.LOL!!! dannng, i just like variety!

4. Movies Alone I really dont understand the incredible stigma on going to the movies alone. I loveeeee it. Its so serene. I may be a little weird, but I actually enjoy my own company sometimes. I lovee going with other people, but I dont mind going to the movie theatre alone and watching movie all day.Its the best!

I got more, but before I further embarass myself...join me? lol
Mangos&Bananas
Mangos&Bananas

Back to top Go down

Guilty Pleasures Empty Re: Guilty Pleasures

Post by goombagirl 31st July 2010, 5:55 pm

Mangos&Bananas wrote:So I thought I'd be cute to list some of our guilty pleasures.This might be semi-embarassing...so dont leave me hangin'!! lol.

1. Harry Potter Just finished the last Harry Potter book [7 book series] lol, big 'L' for lame? but i totally loved them all :-)

2. Massive Salads so i pride myself on eating salads[mostly cause im a vegitarian], but my salads are the WORST. i pile em up with cheese and crutons, and all that other stuff that totally defeats the purpose of a 'salad [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

3. Buffets LOL!! its totally okay with me though, I dont feel to bad, cause im pretty small [Thank God for Metabolism] but my mother hates the fact that i 'like' buffets. Idk why though. Once she asked where me and my brother wanted to go for dinner, I suggested a buffet [of course] lol. She got upset and said when a man asks me where I want to eat or go on a date, I better NEVER IN MY LIFE suggest a buffet.LOL!!! dannng, i just like variety!

4. Movies Alone I really dont understand the incredible stigma on going to the movies alone. I loveeeee it. Its so serene. I may be a little weird, but I actually enjoy my own company sometimes. I lovee going with other people, but I dont mind going to the movie theatre alone and watching movie all day.Its the best!

I got more, but before I further embarass myself...join me? lol

LOL! I agree with your mom about the buffet on a date thing. However, I'm a total foodie and have no shame about going to a buffet. Also, there is nothing wrong with going to the movies alone. I like the fact that you enjoy your own company. If you don't love yourself first, how is anyone else gonna do it?
goombagirl
goombagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikita 1st August 2010, 11:32 pm

Harry Potter- its awesome

Chocolate!!- not supposed to eat alot of sugar

Cherry vanilla ice cream-again the no sugar thing and its a waste cause i pick out the cherries,so might as well eat vanilla(but its not the same [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Avatar-we have the whole series, and we spend days sitting in front of the telly.

Food network- I just love that channel ( even though it makes me hungry [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I think that is it Smile

Nikita

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 2nd August 2010, 6:04 pm

Hot Tea in the middle of summer with lots of sugar/honey. I have a cup every morning.

The Good Wife - She's one bad mamajama!

Army Wives - It's a perspective you don't see too often. And they are advised by the Army, so it's authentic,imo.

The Boondocks- Yes, my favorite word is b*!%$@$$n*gga

Last edited by Neems on 3rd August 2010, 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by goombagirl 3rd August 2010, 12:52 pm

I've been trying for days to justify my guilty pleasures. But I've failed at justifying a few so here goes the 1st two:

Food-I'm not even hungry half the time which is sad. I'll admit this is probably more of an addiction.

Wendy Williams- I tape her on the DVR every day. When I get in from work I shoo the kids away, pour a glass of wine, and commence to watchin! Cuz that's the kind of girl I am (rubbing index finger across my teeth).
goombagirl
goombagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by ciara89 3rd August 2010, 5:02 pm

Mangos&Bananas wrote:

Dont feel bad I love Harry Potter too. Stood in line when the last book came out my senior year of high school.

Guilty Pleasures of Mine:

1. Top Chef : i wish I could cook like that but I know that I cant so it doesnt hurt to watch people who can.

2. Crush Grape Pop (or Soda): I have to have a can a day, which means I'm addicted but i drink enough water throughout the day to make up for it.

3. Humming (LOL): when I'm bored I tend to hum, and many people think that I'm weird for it but oh well..i only hum when I'm bored and I do it sometimes while not really noticing, also I always hum 1 particular song and its from Disney's Sleeping Beauty lol..

thats enough for now...
ciara89
ciara89

Back to top Go down

Post by goombagirl 4th August 2010, 2:22 pm

Adding to the list...Tarjay and Ikea. I will admit the only reason I wanted a house was because I wanted to change the color on my walls and you can't do that in an apartment. I change the decor in my bathrooms with the seasons and holidays, as well as the decor in the bedrooms.
goombagirl
goombagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 4th August 2010, 3:24 pm

Well maybe you shouldn't go to a buffet on a first date, but my boyfriend and I have buffet dates all the time. I don't think anything's wrong with it either. We like variety too!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 4th August 2010, 9:53 pm

Some of my guilty pleasures:

Shopping.....love going alone, taking my time and enjoying the experience. One of my favorite things to do is go to the outdoor market and pick up some fresh flowers and othe knick knacks.

Food...I'm a foodie. I like to try different things. I've even had dinner alone. Nothing wrong with it IMO. Get glammed up and go to a restaurant by myself...take me a good book, have some wine and enjoy my meal. I've actually met people this way.

MSNBC...I LOVE Keith Olberman and Rachel Maddow. I'm a total news junkie.

TV....although there are many evenings I don't turn it on there are some weekends I will totally veg out in front of the TV and watch a little of everything.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 5th August 2010, 8:42 am

My guilty pleasures...

1. TOYS. I love toys. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I saw a pic of a friend's living room, and her kids were building this MASSIVE Lego castle (Yes, LEGOS!) and I was like "I WANNA PLAY!! CAN I PLAY??? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] " ...So yeah, I'm just a big kid really. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2. Video games. Been playing since Atari 2600. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I don't play as much anymore, because I'm STILL waiting on that damn PS3 to go down from $350. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] How long has it been, and they're STILL selling it at more than $300?? WTF SONY!? I'M BROKE!! LOWER THE PRICE!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ..........Sorry 'bout that. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

3. CANDY. Especially Jolly Ranchers, Peanut Chews, CHARLESTON Chews, Chick-O-Sticks and ices (not candy, but I LOVE it if I can get one!). You know, the LONG ones in the plastic that come in fifteen different colors? Yeah, THOSE! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And...that's about it without incriminating myself TOO much. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 5th August 2010, 10:03 am

1) Ice – Every few years, I will begin to chew on ice. It is bad on my teeth I know but it is like an addiction, and it must be fed L. (No, I am not anemic or have low blood sugar—heard them before nor am I pregnant.)

2) YouTube – I would rather watch makeup and hair care videos than television. I can watch it for hours on end.

3) Reality Shows – I usually avoid them. I do enjoy watching The Ultimate Merger and Tiny and Toya.

4) Late Night – I enjoy the Monique Show and the Wendy Williams Show “How you doin’?” This is a shame because this means I go to bed at 1 AM some nights.

5) Music – I must have it. I listen to iTunes or my iPod Touch at work. In the car, the music is on. The sad thing is I rarely know all the words to the songs but try to sing the song, LOL. Current fave is soca music. My husband’s heritage is Trinidadian.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by goombagirl 5th August 2010, 11:32 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:1) Ice – Every few years, I will begin to chew on ice. It is bad on my teeth I know but it is like an addiction, and it must be fed L. (No, I am not anemic or have low blood sugar—heard them before nor am I pregnant.)

2) YouTube – I would rather watch makeup and hair care videos than television. I can watch it for hours on end.

3) Reality Shows – I usually avoid them. I do enjoy watching The Ultimate Merger and Tiny and Toya.

4) Late Night – I enjoy the Monique Show and the Wendy Williams Show “How you doin’?” This is a shame because this means I go to bed at 1 AM some nights.

5) Music – I must have it. I listen to iTunes or my iPod Touch at work. In the car, the music is on. The sad thing is I rarely know all the words to the songs but try to sing the song, LOL. Current fave is soca music. My husband’s heritage is Trinidadian.

Trini in de house! Will the two of you be going to Carnival?
goombagirl
goombagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 5th August 2010, 1:14 pm

I would love to go to Carnival. My husband does not think we should. His godparents who visit often tell him things that make he think we should not go. They are in their 70s.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by goombagirl 5th August 2010, 2:47 pm

I'm saving my coins for Carnival. I HAVE to get my bake and shark (mmmmm). It's on my bucket list so I have to experience it at least once. I've been to New Yorks' and Miami's carnival but I've heard that nothing compares.
goombagirl
goombagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down