CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunsilk Captivating Curls Gel & Cream Twist

3 posters

Go down

Sunsilk Captivating Curls Gel & Cream Twist Empty Sunsilk Captivating Curls Gel & Cream Twist

Post by Courtie 16th November 2009, 11:19 am

Hey all!

I have had a full weekend with lots of stuff to share. I'm going to start with this new product I got.

I ended up with this stuff accidentally -- I went to Ulta to pick up a bottle of DevaCurl Set it Free. They were out. I had been looking forward to trying it, and I was salty that it was gone. So I ended up over at Target, browsing the conditioner aisle, determined to get my PJ fix on.

I was looking for some kind of styler, and this was only $3.28, so I picked it up after a brief perusal of the ingredients.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I decided to try it out on a bantu knot-out. Since bantu knots take literally two days to dry in my hair, I opted to do a knot-out on dry hair. I have done twist-outs this way before.

I started out with a 2 day old twist-out that had been picked out.

Not looking too good, as you can see.

I sprayed each section with water, then detangled and used about a pea-sized dollop each of shea butter and this product.

Detangled hair with gel and shea butter.

Here's my knots.

Here's them taken down later that night.

I have to say, I really like this product. My hair is extremely shiny and the hold is good with no crunch/stiffness at all. I also used it on my best friend's hair (she is transitioning) and it worked amazingly well on her hair, too.

For the price, you can't beat it. I have read mixed reviews about this product, so this is another one that does not work for everyone. But I liked it very much.
Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Sunsilk Captivating Curls Gel & Cream Twist Empty Re: Sunsilk Captivating Curls Gel & Cream Twist

Post by traveljunkie08 16th November 2009, 2:23 pm

I like this product too! I also have the Waves of Envy Gel Cream Twist. I haven't used either since I've been completely natural, so maybe I'll pull it out and see what happens.

Your hair looks great!
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Sunsilk Captivating Curls Gel & Cream Twist Empty Re: Sunsilk Captivating Curls Gel & Cream Twist

Post by Courtie 16th November 2009, 3:53 pm

Thank you, dear!
You're working the new cut. I love it!

Yeah, give it a try -- couldn't hurt. I was really pleasantly surprised.
Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 16th November 2009, 4:33 pm

Thanks! I think I'll try it the next time I do a twist out.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by O'soLuscious Fro 19th November 2009, 11:31 pm

I tryd it and it did not work for me!! Actually I hated it!! But that was wen I first BC...so I think imma try it one more time to see wha happens now.
O'soLuscious Fro
O'soLuscious Fro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down