CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashamed of my hair now

+3
TheRYL1
DvaAuNaturel
Afro Chanel
7 posters

Go down

Ashamed of my hair now Empty Ashamed of my hair now

Post by Afro Chanel 25th July 2010, 3:07 am

I am ashamed of my afro cause people make fun of me when I go to the store.I have been natural for a year now and I feel like I made the big mistake of cutting my hair.

Afro Chanel

Back to top Go down

Ashamed of my hair now Empty Re: Ashamed of my hair now

Post by DvaAuNaturel 25th July 2010, 1:40 pm

Why are you ashamed? Can you post pics? Try not to let people make you feel bad about your hair. It is your hair. Just try to remember the reason you chose to go natural in the first place. Sometimes it's hard for people to accept something that is different and we've all (or at least some of us) have experienced tinges of doubt after chopping our hair or going natural. I'm sure your hair looks great but people are not openly accepting of us naturals sometimes. You have to roll with it. Wear your hair proudly. If you believe it's fabulous and rock it confidently then so will they.

And by the way, who's laughing store clerks/friends/family. If store clerks then you definitely shouldn't be spending money with them. As for family you can politely let them know it's your hair and why you went natural. If that doesn't work tell them to go kick rocks [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

Best of luck!!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 25th July 2010, 3:25 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Why are you ashamed? Can you post pics? Try not to let people make you feel bad about your hair. It is your hair. Just try to remember the reason you chose to go natural in the first place. Sometimes it's hard for people to accept something that is different and we've all (or at least some of us) have experienced tinges of doubt after chopping our hair or going natural. I'm sure your hair looks great but people are not openly accepting of us naturals sometimes. You have to roll with it. Wear your hair proudly. If you believe it's fabulous and rock it confidently then so will they.

And by the way, who's laughing store clerks/friends/family. If store clerks then you definitely shouldn't be spending money with them. As for family you can politely let them know it's your hair and why you went natural. If that doesn't work tell them to go kick rocks [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

Best of luck!!
EXACTLY WHAT SHE SAID!

But, really, please think about how you feel about your hair. Are these comments people make actually YOUR thoughts being said out loud? Figure out how YOU feel about your hair. Once you do that...no one can make you feel bad about you! Ya heard! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here's something you can say when someone makes a rude comment: WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU'RE OPINION OF ME MATTERS...WHO THE PHUCK ARE YOU? After that...you will be left alone...FOR REAL!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Chanel 25th July 2010, 5:19 pm

The clerks laugh at me and that makes me wanna scream cause I have a right to be left alone.I am tired of people making fun of me and I am gonna knock someone out soon.I do not have pics to post of my hair and I will someday.

Afro Chanel

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 25th July 2010, 5:31 pm

You can not control another person. You can only control yourself.

Why do you want to scream at them or hit them? What will this accomplish?

Why not laugh back at them? Why not feel sorry for them because they do not have your courage to wear their natural hair. Why not "forgive them for they know not what they do"?
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by EbonyQueen 30th July 2010, 3:36 am

Don't let it get to you. There are so many ignorant people in the world that it can make rocks grow eyes and cry. Wearing your hair napptural is your choice and you should be proud on it because you are fearfully and wonderfully made. Love yourself, and let the haters hate.
EbonyQueen
EbonyQueen

https://www.facebook.com/ImperialDiamond

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 30th July 2010, 4:52 am

Fuck people. Your hair is YOUR hair. Unless they're paying your rent their opinion really doesn't matter (and even then it really doesn't matter).

Them laughing is unprofessional, undeserving of your money, and ASKING for some kind of harassment/discrimination lawsuit.

That is the hair the universe put on your head. Rock it however you want to and brush them haters off.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by Karameldiva1978 6th August 2010, 12:44 am

Another point, you're in Bogalusa, hick town, full of country, ignorant folks. Come to Baton Rouge and you'll see a lot more afros, styles, and common sense. My sis-in-law is from there and trust me, its not much. Don't let their ignorance make or break you, please, they don't mean much in the scheme of things.

Rock your do with fierceness b/c they choose to not know any better and will remain in that mentality. Voluntary ignorance, do you chick and be proud of your decision. As long as YOU love your hair, nothing else matters.
Karameldiva1978
Karameldiva1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down