CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Co-washing

3 posters

Go down

Co-washing Empty Co-washing

Post by Free2BMe :) 23rd July 2010, 7:31 pm

When I cowash should I put the conditioner on my scalp or only on my hair? And won't putting conditioner on my scalp cause clogged pores and reduce growth???
Free2BMe :)

http://xoxo-chichi.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Co-washing Empty Re: Co-washing

Post by Niqui36 23rd July 2010, 11:00 pm

When I cowash I use the same technique as if I were shampooing. I rub the conditioner in my hands and work it gently through my hair and I massage my scalp with my fingertips. As for conditioner clogging the pores and reducing growth, I imagine that would have something to do with the ingredients in the conditioner. There are certain ingredients that I try to stay away from in all the products that I use. Hopefully someone will chip in with some more helpful information for you. Hope this helps. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2BMe :) 24th July 2010, 2:43 pm

Yea I use Tresemme Naturals and VO5, so I think they are much better for my hair than my scalp...

http://xoxo-chichi.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 24th July 2010, 6:24 pm

I use the same method as Niqui. I massage the conditioner into my scalp after I apply it to my hair. I wash my hair with shampoo about once every week to week and a half to prevent product build up. Plus when I do co wash my hair I sometimes do it twice while I'm in the shower. I want my conditioner to lather up when I co wash and sometimes that takes at least 2 rinses.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down