CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have to do a SHOT OUT to Nik G of BEADSBRAIDSBEYOND!!!

+11
naturallydestined
lexi1
jamaicacurl
snappynappy
*CurlyNikki*
sweetdrk1
NikG20
Enchantment
AfrikanLatina
dajewel
oooop2
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Have to do a SHOT OUT to Nik G of BEADSBRAIDSBEYOND!!! Empty Have to do a SHOT OUT to Nik G of BEADSBRAIDSBEYOND!!!

Post by oooop2 16th November 2009, 12:20 am

Girl...You have inspired me to step up my game as it pertains to doing my kids hair. Thanks for all the tips/styles you've posted on your blog.

Got inspired to do my 4yr olds hair tonight Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Have to do a SHOT OUT to Nik G of BEADSBRAIDSBEYOND!!! Empty Re: Have to do a SHOT OUT to Nik G of BEADSBRAIDSBEYOND!!!

Post by dajewel 16th November 2009, 12:22 am

omg!!!!! i love her hair!!!!! you did a fab job!!!!!!!!!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Have to do a SHOT OUT to Nik G of BEADSBRAIDSBEYOND!!! Empty Re: Have to do a SHOT OUT to Nik G of BEADSBRAIDSBEYOND!!!

Post by AfrikanLatina 16th November 2009, 12:23 am

oh wow...her twists are so luscious and JUICY! She's a cutiepie. Shout out to you for being the mother of such a fabulous baby girl.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 16th November 2009, 12:24 am

for real!!! ur daugher's hair is sooooo healthy looking!!!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchantment 16th November 2009, 12:28 am

Ooop2, your daughter is cute as pie with a head full of beautiful hair!! How in the world do you find time to maintain two curlies - you and that lovely lil lady?! lol I love it!

This forum is great, so many great ideas are shared and so much support!! Curly Nikki you are wonderful!!!
Enchantment
Enchantment

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 16th November 2009, 12:29 am

Whoa!!! That beautiful child has SOOOOOOO much hair!!! Thick & long, just like her mama's!!! I love it!!!!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 16th November 2009, 12:31 am

I would love to share it on the blog.....let me know!
NikG20
NikG20

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 16th November 2009, 12:31 am

Thanks ladies....Here is my oldest daughters hair in twist

I swear everyone in my family has different hair types so I've got to do something different for each head.

My oldest daughters hair is SUPER FRAGILE, so twist seems to be the only thing that makes it thrive. WnG and ponytails styles reek havoc on her hair. It bothers her that her sisters hair is longer than hers, but she's happy that her hair is growing.

My youngest daughter has super thick hair w/ FINE strands. It mattes easily. Looks like it's a week old after about 1 hrs. And she's tender headed. So finding styles for her can be a royal pain. Hence why I love Nik's blog!!!
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 16th November 2009, 12:33 am

NikG20 wrote:I would love to share it on the blog.....let me know!

Hey...No prob...I have you to thank for all the wonderful ideas/tips/styles you've shared on your site. I'm taking notes Very Happy
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 16th November 2009, 12:35 am

You tell DD1 that she is fly regardless of the length. Its longer than mine lol. Her twists are juicy too. What did you use on their hair?
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 16th November 2009, 12:39 am

oooop2 wrote:
NikG20 wrote:I would love to share it on the blog.....let me know!

Hey...No prob...I have you to thank for all the wonderful ideas/tips/styles you've shared on your site. I'm taking notes [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I love their hair in twists! They both have beautiful hair. I will share both if you don't mind. I'm about to send you a message. Smile
NikG20
NikG20

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 16th November 2009, 12:43 am

OMG they are beautiful!!! The hair is Awesome!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 16th November 2009, 12:49 am

AfrikanLatina wrote:You tell DD1 that she is fly regardless of the length. Its longer than mine lol. Her twists are juicy too. What did you use on their hair?

For my oldest, I wash with baking soda with hair is in about 10 twist. I then apply HE or Aubrey's to her hair and use it as a leave in. With her hair still wet, I comb through each twist with a large detangle comb and then apply my shea mix ( a blend of shea butter, coconut oil, castor oil, jojoba oil) and then retwist. Once shea mix is applied t/o hair, I then go back through each section and make the twist smaller (to the size seen in pic). At night I cover with a stocking cap. Then in the morning, I spritz with a blend of water and glycerin and apply more of my shea mix. Her twist last 3wks.

My youngest daughter, I wash her hair loose in the tub. I make the water shallow and have her lay down. Once all of her hair is wet, I wash with baking soda. I then have her lay back down and I rinse it out. Then I add a generous amt of moisturizing condish and pull her hair up into a loose ponytail bun. Then if I don't feel like dealing with it, I apply my shea mix. Brush her edges, and basically style in a WnG bun. If I feel like fooling with it, I gently separate into 5 sections will still wet with hands. I then take a wide tooth comb and SLOWLY comb through. I then add my shea mix and retwist. Once mix has been added to entire head, I divide the twist in half and place her hair into about 10 twist. But definitely no more than 12-13 b/c her hair tangles easily. And unlike my oldest daughter, I have to wash her hair often b/c just spritzing every day causes it to matte/tangle up.
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 16th November 2009, 2:33 am

oooop2 wrote:
AfrikanLatina wrote:You tell DD1 that she is fly regardless of the length. Its longer than mine lol. Her twists are juicy too. What did you use on their hair?

For my oldest, I wash with baking soda with hair is in about 10 twist. I then apply HE or Aubrey's to her hair and use it as a leave in. With her hair still wet, I comb through each twist with a large detangle comb and then apply my shea mix ( a blend of shea butter, coconut oil, castor oil, jojoba oil) and then retwist. Once shea mix is applied t/o hair, I then go back through each section and make the twist smaller (to the size seen in pic). At night I cover with a stocking cap. Then in the morning, I spritz with a blend of water and glycerin and apply more of my shea mix. Her twist last 3wks.

but i am really, really, really curious as to how her twists stay in for three weeks??? do you think its because her is very fine? the most i can keep my twists in is seven days.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 16th November 2009, 4:41 pm

OMG! oooop2, your daughters are adorable...their hair is stunning! Nik G rocks Very Happy
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snappynappy 16th November 2009, 5:12 pm

WOW!!! All that hair!!! You did a great job! NikG20's site is rediculous, I plan on showing my sister and cousin the site so they can pick up some pointers.
snappynappy
snappynappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 16th November 2009, 7:34 pm

Thanks ladies, I really appreciate it! I just posted it on the blog!!! Thanks for sharing! Smile
NikG20
NikG20

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 16th November 2009, 11:55 pm

You did a great job! Their hair looks so good!
Oooh, I want a daughter........maybe....(I already have 2 toddler boys)
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lexi1 17th November 2009, 12:14 pm

I really like this blog! It gave me motivation to start getting creative with my little ones hair. Because of this blog, I decided to start using ribbons and bows again. After realizing how expensive the bows have gotten, I decided to start making my own. There are some really good videos that show you how. Michaels, Hobby Lobby and Walmart have seen me about everyday buying ribbon, alligator clips, ribbon barretts, etc. I think I have become addicted LOL!!!! Anyway, thanks NikG20 for inspiring me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by lexi1 on 17th November 2009, 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mis-spelling)

lexi1

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallydestined 17th November 2009, 1:06 pm

aw! They are beautiful..just like mommy.
naturallydestined
naturallydestined

http://members.fotki.com/NaturallyDestined/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 17th November 2009, 1:16 pm

@ lexi1, thank you!!! I wish I could make bows!!
NikG20
NikG20

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 7th December 2009, 11:26 pm

Okay Nik....I was trying to create your veil look, but had to do some adaptation. I took your advice and did my girls hair while they were playing Wii...But if I am going to be all fancy, I need to get a little faster b/c doing these 2 heads took me over 4hrs Shocked

My oldest daughter:

oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th December 2009, 12:07 am

Good job Oooop2!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 8th December 2009, 2:50 pm

oooop you did a great job! I love your versions of the veil. I'll have to try it like that one day. They are so pretty!!
NikG20
NikG20

Back to top Go down

Post by Peggy 8th December 2009, 7:47 pm

@oooop2 - wow, great job. i like! how'd you start the twists? i see some
folk three-strand then two-strand, then end the twist with a
three-strand again. that's the only way my daughter's hair will stay
twisted. she has hair similar to your 1 year-old.

@nikg20 -
you totally inspired me too! i keep up with her hair now, and try to
co-wash once a week. i was very bad. she has super thick hair and i'd
leave her hair in braids or twists with beads and rubberbands for about
a month simply b/c i dreaded doing it. then, when it was time to
unraid, i'd go through hell taking rubber bands out b/c they'd get all
tied up. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
if i didn't, i'd take her to the salon. smh. but now that i am natural
and i came across your site, i've taken better care of her hair and she
loves it. here are some recent pics:

her recent school pic
two-strand twists in front & back w/ middle braided up into a fro-hawk

twist out of the front-

fishbone braids
Peggy
Peggy

http://www.cmxiv.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next