CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attention UK Curlies!

3 posters

Go down

Attention UK Curlies! Empty Attention UK Curlies!

Post by Moni 14th November 2009, 9:28 pm

I'm looking to move to England next year, and I'd like advice on which city to choose. My first choice is London, not surprisingly, but its super expensive. I've also heard that Brighton is a great city, though I don't know anything about how diverse it is. I'd appreciate any advice or feedback about London and Brighton, as well as suggestions for other cities to consider. I'd like somewhere that has a university nearby and where I don't need a car. Thanks so much for your help!!!
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Attention UK Curlies! Empty Re: Attention UK Curlies!

Post by Majesnic 18th November 2009, 12:57 pm

Hey Moni, If you dont want to rely on a car then i say London is the place to be. Its diverse it is expensive but its very multicultural and there is always loads to do. Public Transport will take you pretty much anywhere a good portion of it runs 24hr, ur never too far from a bus stop, railway station, tube station u also have the traditional Black cabs (expensive) and minicabs (less expensive) . There is a saying that you cant get lost in london.
I live in London have never lived anywhere else.
Brighton i dont know much about never been.

Majesnic

Back to top Go down

Post by Abisco 12th December 2009, 11:16 pm

Hi Moni

I'm a Londoner so no surprises when I recommend you come to London. Yes, its mega expensive and a big city that can be a bit overwhelming at times. But there are so many amazing things about London that I would not trade for the world. Its so amazingly diverse and cosmopolitan. It really is a 24 hr city, you can get around without needing a car (I don't know how to drive!) and to be honest, its quicker using the tube or buses, than a car. The are loads of universities in London and around it, so you have a choice of Campus or non-Campus universities. There are so many activities and attractions in London and there's always something new and fun to do so you're never bored. I've only been to Brighton once so I can't really speak on that. It seemed fun, but nothing beats London.

If you're thinking about other cities in the UK, with universities but not as expensive as London, I would recommend you look at Manchester, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow. Just a few thoughts.

Good luck with the search and decision making xx
Abisco
Abisco

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down