CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions for a Newbie!! plz

2 posters

Go down

Suggestions for a Newbie!! plz Empty Suggestions for a Newbie!! plz

Post by FreeFroMonet 13th July 2010, 12:13 pm

Soooo HEY you guys!!! Usually when I talk about my hair and plans for it, it always takes me decades to explain but I'll try to keep it short.... I am transitioning and have been for about 8 months. I do not want to do the big chop but i do want to cut my perm out slowly. I consider myself a newbie bc I just took my hair out of nubian twist and it left my hair really unhealthy...Now I don't even know where to go... usually when I think my hair is unhealthy i think get a perm...I know thats soooo wrong of me but hey! I don't want to do that this time! Really I just need some suggestions on where to go from here...i really need suggestions for a daily moisturizer bc I'm pretty sure I already know what kind of shampoo conditioner and treatment I want to use. I'd also like to know what you guys think about goin natural but keeping your hair straightened...Good? Bad? Ect? I'm sooo happy to be joining the natural family, i think natural hair is so beautiful but i really need support to maintain the look...I'd apprecaite any help I can get from a BIG sis or VET!
FreeFroMonet
FreeFroMonet

http://thisismonet.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for a Newbie!! plz Empty Re: Suggestions for a Newbie!! plz

Post by LadeeB703 13th July 2010, 12:26 pm

Well, unless I'm wrong, you're going to have to sacrafice SOME of that relaxed hair. It's dead hair anyway, so why hold on to it? I was like that at first then I just decided to cut it all off. I was feeling some kind ofway about itat first, but I got over it. Natural hair grows SO much faster than relaxed hair. My hair was boy short in October 2009 and now, I have some GREAT length to my hair as of July 2010. As for going natural and getting it straightened, it's okat to get it straightened but not so often. That's a lot of heat of your head. I'm not too crazy about constantly getting hair straightened, especially if you've decided to go natural.

LadeeB703

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeFroMonet 13th July 2010, 12:36 pm

Thanks...I've heard that it's kinda pointless to do the straightening constantly after going natural, which makes alot of sense! This Thursday i go to my stylist with your thoughts in mind I might just cut out all of the perm!!!
FreeFroMonet
FreeFroMonet

http://thisismonet.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LadeeB703 13th July 2010, 1:16 pm

You are a BEAUTIFUL young lady so I'm sure a short fro will look great on you. And trust me, it wll grow fast, as ong as you take care of it.

LadeeB703

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down