CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEED A BIG SIS/HAIR GURU!

2 posters

Go down

NEED A BIG SIS/HAIR GURU! Empty NEED A BIG SIS/HAIR GURU!

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 11th July 2010, 10:21 pm

Hello! I just BC'd yesterday after almost a 6 month transition and I love it. I mean it's going to take some getting used to but I am glad that I made the decision to go natural and I have no regrets. I can tell that I am going to need some help though. And thats why I need a big sis. I had been getting relaxers since I was about 10 yrs old and I was never very good at styling my hair (flat ironing was about as advanced as I could get lol). I also never really took the time to learn about my hair and take great care of it b/c at the time I assumed that perming it was caring for it. So now that my hair is natural and I know better than to neglect my hair I just really want to learn how to style and care for it. But I have no idea where to start. I don't know if my hair is considered a twa (seems a lil longer than that) it just seems to be at a really funky length that I can do nothing with. I'm just doing the wash n go right now b/c it seems easy but I want learn more styles, get into using more natural products, and I want to grow long, strong, big ass natural hair! I don't really have any support b/c my family hates my BC and they call me everything from nappy head to jew fro (SO rude) and I don't know anyone who has natural hair to share in my experience. So If someone would be willing to take me on as a lil sis I would b so excited. I love my natural hair and I want to celebrate it with someone! I don't really have a regimen right now but heres the products I use and how I use them:

Nexxus Therappe (shampoo)
HEHH (co-wash)
Nexxus Humectress (deep condit.)
Giovanni Vitapro protective moisture (leave in)
Shea Butter/EVOO/EVCO/jojoba mix (moisture)
Vatika (pre poo)
EVCO (pre poo, mix w/deep condit, sealant)

So this is what I use. I don't really know if its what I should be using but it's what I used during my transition. I should probably try to use more natural products but I don't even really know what
products I should start trying for my hair type. I don't even know what my hair type is! PLEASE HELP! I know theres a big sis out there 4 me somewhere and I would SO appreciate the support. Heres some pics of my hair to show you what i'm dealing with: Thanx gurlz!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)

Back to top Go down

NEED A BIG SIS/HAIR GURU! Empty Re: NEED A BIG SIS/HAIR GURU!

Post by LittleOne 11th July 2010, 10:38 pm

Hey Craving Curlz!

I am offering to design personalized regimens for a few ladies to be featured on my new website. Basically, I will give you a questionnaire so that you can tell me all about your hair. Based on that information, I will design a regimen using products that you already own or others within your budget. You'll keep me updated and we'll tweak your regimen as necessary. Your regimen and progress will be featured on the website to teach and inspire other women.

To be featured on the site, there are only 3 main requirements:

1) You follow the instructions that I give you to the letter. The instructions will be simple, but very detailed.
2) You fill out a brief feedback form about your hair every 2 weeks.
3) You submit pictures of your progress every 2-3 months.

If you'd like to participate, just email these pics to hairliberty@gmail.com. I'll reply with the questionnaire to get you started!
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 12th July 2010, 1:36 am

I'm in! I'm emailing the pics as we speak Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down