CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

oil making hard hair

3 posters

Go down

oil making hard hair Empty oil making hard hair

Post by HappyCurly 11th July 2010, 6:37 pm

When oil makes your hair hard, what do you suppose has happened to your hair? I mean, has the hair become too dry? Is it suffocated? Is it ok?

Awhile ago, I used to use olive oil as a sealer. Wash , condition, seal, braid, sleep, unbraid in morning. That's what i did once a week. i switched oils...jojoba oil never made my hair hard. but it didn't help with itching, not really. now i'm on to grape seed oil. i like it. this week end i washed, conditioned, sealed with straight grapeseed oil. (I usually mix it wiht water, but i decided to try it plain.) upon un braiding, i see that some curls are harder than others. this is good for looking at. i'm ok with hardness if the hair is still healthy under neath. it's less frizzy in the hard spots. the hardness goes away, i guess after some of hte oil rubs off or something.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

oil making hard hair Empty Re: oil making hard hair

Post by s4pphir3 12th July 2010, 6:18 pm

In my experience I noticed that some oils don't play nice with certain conditioners .. or perhaps its the other way around. For example, Herbal Essence conditioners combined with jbco just wasn't working for me. Last month I started using Tresseme Nourishing Moisture Conditioner and have combined it with coconut, jbco, and vatika oil and my hair feels lovely. I'm not sure if it's because it doesn't have silicones and the HE conditioners did confused .. but I love it.
s4pphir3
s4pphir3

http://members.fotki.com/s4pphir3/about

Back to top Go down

Post by khalii310 12th July 2010, 6:35 pm

im glad to kno im not the only one with this prob! and thanks s4pphir3 cuz in useing HE right now with sometye of oil this lady mixed for me at the underground... forgot what she said was in it. bad, i kno.
khalii310
khalii310

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down