CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I NEED A BIG SISTER LIKE RIGHT NOW! from Chicago that would be great.

4 posters

Go down

I NEED A BIG SISTER LIKE RIGHT NOW! from Chicago that would be great. Empty I NEED A BIG SISTER LIKE RIGHT NOW! from Chicago that would be great.

Post by Tasha2438 10th July 2010, 6:28 pm

Hi my name is Natasha, I have only been natural for a year but I NEED HELP. I am still learning and unfornately I am battling with dry scalp problems. I take my vitamins, I do the hot oil treatments, I apply hair growth oil nightly, but the scalp just won't stop becoming dry.

I need some help and support from a natural sister, my boyfriend supports me, but my family hates it. They even call me names like Africa, and Erykah Badu (which is starting to irritate me). But anyway some support from a sister would be great cause my boyfriend does not like to hear me talk about my hair all the time.

Also if this sister was located in Chicago that would be AWESOME!

THANKS!
Tasha2438
Tasha2438

Back to top Go down

I NEED A BIG SISTER LIKE RIGHT NOW! from Chicago that would be great. Empty Re: I NEED A BIG SISTER LIKE RIGHT NOW! from Chicago that would be great.

Post by LittleOne 11th July 2010, 4:21 pm

Hopefully, someone from Chicago will respond soon.

In the meantime, what exactly is happening with your scalp? Flakes? Itching? A lot of times, people confuse dandruff or fungal infections with dryness. Have you tried an anti dandruff shampoo? Nizoral is a good, effective one. Lather it in and let it sit for 5 minutes before rinsing. If you've already tried an anti-dandruff shampoo, let me know...I have one other suggestion.

Other than that, please do your best to ignore your family!! I know it must be so frustrating. My boyfriend is supportive, but tired of hearing about hair too Laughing. That's why I started hanging out in the forums, haha.
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

I NEED A BIG SISTER LIKE RIGHT NOW! from Chicago that would be great. Empty Re: I NEED A BIG SISTER LIKE RIGHT NOW! from Chicago that would be great.

Post by Naturally Esq 11th July 2010, 10:35 pm

Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha2438 12th July 2010, 1:50 pm

Hi LittleOne yes I have flakes and some itching at times. I have never tried an anti-dandruff shampoo, but I will definitely try one. Thanks.
Tasha2438
Tasha2438

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 16th July 2010, 1:22 pm

Hi tasha i am from chicago and i am a newbie as well. i may not can help with your questions but i can tell you what i have used to battle dryness, I guess the first question is what are you wahing your hair with?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha2438 19th July 2010, 3:54 pm

Hi Crissy thanks for replying. I wash my hair with Aubrey Organica Moisturizing shampoo?
Tasha2438
Tasha2438

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 19th July 2010, 4:11 pm

Could you tell me your regimen and what products you are using. How often do you co-wash your hair?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasha2438 19th July 2010, 5:27 pm

Hey Crissy, I don't do a co-wash that often probably hardly never. I try to wash my hair at least every two weeks. At night before I go to bed, I sometimes twist my hair, but I spray it with moisturizer, then twist, then I apply some type of oil or butter, then I wrap it up and go to bed. I deep condition every time I wash my hair. I am trying to revamp my regimen now.
Tasha2438
Tasha2438

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down