CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should I Use This Henna???

2 posters

Go down

Should I Use This Henna??? Empty Should I Use This Henna???

Post by kimjunebug 7th July 2010, 8:51 pm

In my quest to find genuine henna, I asked a co-worker of mine (who is Indian), if she knew of any Indian stores in my area where I can find henna. She recommended a few stores a little further out than I wanted to travel but then very thoughtfully brought some henna for me the very next day.

Because I've never used henna before I wanted to ask you all if this henna would be considered the 'good henna.' It is called the World's Finest Herbal Henna Mehandi with amla & shikakai natural herbal hair conditioner. The ingredients listed on the back are: natural henna, aritha, amla, shikakai, 2 Nitro, PPD & other natural herbs.

Any feedback from you henna pros would be helpful.
kimjunebug
kimjunebug

Back to top Go down

Should I Use This Henna??? Empty Re: Should I Use This Henna???

Post by LittleOne 7th July 2010, 9:49 pm

No.

First, know that when most people talk about henna, they are talking about plain henna (without amla or shikakai).

But, more importantly 2 nitro & PPD are chemicals that are part of permanent hair dye. They have nothing to do with henna or any other natural plant dye.

The labeling is definitely misleading if it's being called a hair conditioner. I wouldn't even mess with it.

It was really nice of your friend to bring it though! My Indian friend was supposed to bring me some but she never did and then I bought my own from Butters N Bars. I would recommend them for your henna purchases. At least you will know the quality is up to par!
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by kimjunebug 7th July 2010, 10:04 pm

Thank you so much LittleOne! I'm glad I used my better judgment and questioned before jumping in
kimjunebug
kimjunebug

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 7th July 2010, 10:16 pm

No problem! I also would have preferred to secure some henna locally instead of online, but I just didn't know how to verify the quality. I felt confident about Mehandi and Butters N Bars based on Curly Nikki's recommendations.

Maybe people within the same city or area can purchase henna online together. That way you can buy in bulk, save on shipping, and split it at a meetup or something? I don't know if that would work, but it's a thought.
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down