CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shape? or not to Shape?...

5 posters

Go down

Shape? or not to Shape?... Empty Shape? or not to Shape?...

Post by CurlyMo 2nd July 2010, 6:24 pm

Ladies I BC’d January 2nd 2010 after transitioning for 5 months. I’m happily in my 11th month and have been using braids on and off since my BC. My hair is growing thick and healthy but it looks weird when I leave it out. I was wondering if most of you shape your hair after a few months of your BC and wondering if I missed out on that part. I see a lot of curlies with their hair out and it looks so cute without a band or pining up the sides and front?!?!
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Shape? or not to Shape?... Empty Re: Shape? or not to Shape?...

Post by Sunshinecurls 2nd July 2010, 11:05 pm

I went through this exact same thing! I ended up getting mine shaped so like you said it looks cute out without a headband or pins.
Sunshinecurls
Sunshinecurls

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 2nd July 2010, 11:37 pm

Oh awesome..Thanks so much....I just took my braids out, its growing but it looks strange so I was going to keep on putting braids in until it was long enough to hang over in a bobb and even itself out LOL….I don’t want to braid it again I really want to enjoy my new natural hair
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 4th July 2010, 2:04 pm

I have been natural since 2007 and I have big chopped three times since then. I kept getting my hair cut, but it was never cut in a shape. I use to always wonder why my hair would not fall the way that I wanted it to and now I know why. I have came to the conclusion that I am going to go and get my hair cut again in a shape, because I know how I want my hair to fall. I talked to my husband about it and he is alright with it. I know that a lot of people may ask why I am cutting my hair again, but I have to do what makes me happy. If I had of thought about getting my hair cut in a shape a long time ago when I was doing all of my big chops, then I would not be going through this right now, but we live and we learn right? The overall health of my hair is fine, but now I just have to get it cut into the shape that I want. Is that so wrong?
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

http://public.fotki.com/angel1907

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 4th July 2010, 2:36 pm

TwistedKurlzz Thanks for the info Im putting braids in one more time this week and will be going to get my hair shaped in 6 weeks...I think the question is now to find someone to cut it LOL

Please come back and let me know how your cut went....
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 6th July 2010, 11:39 am

I BC'd 2-25-10. I went back a month later to get my hair shaped up because when I did my twists/twist out they looked funny. There was no shape to my hair. Now I'm good to go. They didn't take too much off or anything. I like neat well groomed hair and a shaped style adds to this. That way when it's work out a lot of extra stuff doesn't need to be done.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 7th July 2010, 12:01 pm

@DvaAuNaturel I have been natural for just about 3 years, but I have cut my hair 3 times already this year due to heat damage from a salon visit so now when I do my twists and twist outs, my hair looks funny. I have come to the decision that I will be getting my hair cut into a shape next week sometime. Some people tell me not to do it, but if I am not happy with the way my hair is falling, then I have to do what I have to do to make me happy. My hair grows at a pretty fast rate, so I know that the length will come. I am not worried about the length of my hair, I am focusing more on the health of it. I still have a few damaged ends, but I am sure that after I get my hair cut into a shape, all of the damaged ends will be gone.
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

http://public.fotki.com/angel1907

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 10th July 2010, 10:43 pm

I was havin the same issue. I went to a friend whos natural and also a stylist and she shaped me up and put in layers....LOVE IT!!! Now as it grows out it'll have a much cuter look.

Plus now my wash n go looks much better....go for it!!! cheers
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 11th July 2010, 12:29 am

Ladies that's GOOD NEWS thanks
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down