CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should I stop trimming? *semi rant*

5 posters

Go down

Should I stop trimming? *semi rant* Empty Should I stop trimming? *semi rant*

Post by cocoachanel 30th June 2010, 11:35 pm

In summer 2007 I wore my natural hair out for the first time after many years of wearing braids. At the end of the summer I did a large trim and I didn't trim my hair again for a long while. Let's say early 2009. After that I began doing smaller trims every once in a while, but my ends were still rough and knotted so in early 2010 I did another major trim like the 07 one and went from APL to SL. I've been doing more regular smaller trims since then but my ends as always have pretty much returned to their rough and knotted state. I'm coming to think that that is just how my ends are. They curl in on each other very much which causes the rough feeling. I'm looking back at some of my APL length shots from late 09 and I kind of regret that major trim I did. I keep wondering if I'd stuck with the smaller trims I was doing if I'd be full APL by now or at least still APL period. This shorter hair is seriously annoying me. I am considering no longer trimming my hair. I will probably do the search and destroy method if need be. And maybe after a year or so I'll so a small trim. But I want my hair back. It took me from 2007 to 2009 to from about NL to APL. And I feel like it's going to take forever just to get back to where I was. What do you guys think? Yay or nay to trimming?
cocoachanel
cocoachanel

http://perfectiongranted.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Should I stop trimming? *semi rant* Empty Re: Should I stop trimming? *semi rant*

Post by Janique 1st July 2010, 1:54 am

Maybe take a look at your routine and see what you could tweak so that your ends are better protected so you won't need to trim so often or take off as much hair. I think a small trim should be sufficient, and then search and destroys in between that.
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Should I stop trimming? *semi rant* Empty Re: Should I stop trimming? *semi rant*

Post by ForeverCurlyCatrina 16th July 2010, 12:09 am

@Vintagenarcissa, how are you wearing your hair on a regular basis? If you're wearing it out alot, you could be inviting your hair to knot up on the ends. I have not been able to avoid the knots on the ends of my hair, much like you. It's just too curly. I'm wondering myself if I kept my hair in twists and other protective styles, if I would have less knots on the ends of my hair.
ForeverCurlyCatrina
ForeverCurlyCatrina

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsleepittman 16th July 2010, 12:20 am

maybe your ph balance level needs to be corrected, try the kimmay leave in condition that helps return your hair to the correct level. There is a entire discussion about the results of th homemade leave in conditioner under the general discussion forum.

mrsleepittman

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver7eyez 20th August 2010, 7:28 am

I have the same issue as well. I use the Kimmay leave in conditioner idea, and I have seen and felt a difference. I wear my hair in two strand twists very often and detangle my hair from ends to root; however despite both being effective with reducing the frequency of the issue, I think with our hair type it's just going to happen. Neutral
Silver7eyez
Silver7eyez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down