CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna in Raleigh, NC

+3
Paunchy
Lanabell1219
Carolina Natural
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Henna in Raleigh, NC Empty Henna in Raleigh, NC

Post by Carolina Natural 30th June 2010, 11:15 am

Hi All,

Please forgive me if this has been discussed already. If it has please point me in the right direction. I would like to henna my hair this weekend. I went to the mehandi.com website to purchase the hair kit for black hair which was $15.00, but the shipping is $10.50 which is crazy. So can anybody tell me where they buy their BAQ henna, indigo & alma power from in Raleigh, NC.

Thank you,

Carolina Natural

Carolina Natural

Back to top Go down

Henna in Raleigh, NC Empty Re: Henna in Raleigh, NC

Post by Lanabell1219 30th June 2010, 11:43 am

Hi there,
I live in Winston-Salem and i have the same problem. I would suggest doing a simple Google search for Indian/International markets or grocery stores in your area, and maybe calling their numbers to ask if they carry henna.
Lanabell1219
Lanabell1219

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Natural 30th June 2010, 12:11 pm

Thanks Lanabell1219, there are Indian stores here, but I'm chicken to purchase from them without a good recomendation. I really wanted to order from Mehandi, but 10.50 for shipping that's $5.00 less than what the prodcut cost!

Carolina Natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Natural 1st July 2010, 10:38 am

so I broke down and ordered the Henna from Mehandi because on her website she stated that if it doesn't cost the entire 10.50 to mail your product whe will refund it. I guess they just use a base fee.

Carolina Natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Paunchy 2nd July 2010, 11:41 pm

Also try Whole Foods next time. different locations carry different stuff, but that's where I found mines.
Paunchy
Paunchy

http://www.twitter.com/paunchy

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Natural 3rd July 2010, 11:26 am

Thanks Paunchy, I'll have to try it. I'm hoping my henna comes today so I can get started. I'll let everybody know how it comes out.

Carolina Natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanabell1219 3rd July 2010, 5:32 pm

Just curious to know if they actually refunded some of the shipping cost. And how did it go? (the henna)
Lanabell1219
Lanabell1219

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Natural 3rd July 2010, 6:27 pm

He Lanabell1219, I haven't received it yet unfortunately [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] , but I'll definetly post when I do.

Carolina Natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Hood 6th July 2010, 12:02 am

I'm not sure if you still need this, but there is an Indian shopping center by Cary Town Center at the corner of Walnut St and East Chatham St that has 2 Indian grocery stores that sell henna. I just bought BAQ Jamila Henna for $2 each.
Ms Hood
Ms Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Natural 6th July 2010, 10:25 am

@ Ms. Hood ok, now I'm pouting cause I already ordered from Mehandi. Thank you for the info because I will definetly try it next time.

Carolina Natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Natural 8th July 2010, 11:54 am

I received the henna from Mehandi.com monday. Needless to say, I was still charged 10.50 for shipping & handeling. So, I'm not happy about that espcially since my sister was only charged 6.00. My sister placed her order by phone and me online so I guess there a difference is made.
AnyTway, my sister is going to henna/indigo her hair tonight so I will let everybody know how her's turns out. I will try to do my tomorrow night.

Carolina Natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Res Judicurls 8th July 2010, 11:55 pm

If you ever have occasion to travel to Apex, there is an Indian market on E. Williams Street where you can buy Karishma henna and a couple other brands. They also have the ayurvedic oils you would expect in an Indian market. Also try Triangle Indian Market off Chatham Street in Cary.
Res Judicurls
Res Judicurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Natural 9th July 2010, 10:36 am

Thank you Res for the information. I'm not that far from Apex at all.

Carolina Natural

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 9th July 2010, 11:53 am

Ms Hood wrote:I'm not sure if you still need this, but there is an Indian shopping center by Cary Town Center at the corner of Walnut St and East Chatham St that has 2 Indian grocery stores that sell henna. I just bought BAQ Jamila Henna for $2 each.

I just about to mention that location. The Indian population is pretty high in Cary and Morrisville so it is a greater chance that Indian products like henna can be found in those areas.

FYI: The Wal-Mart in Morrisville has a ton of natural oils that the other Wal-Marts in the area don't carry.
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Natural 29th July 2010, 11:04 pm

@ Ms. Hood, I went to both Indian Stores today in Cary and I saw the Jamila Henna. Does the box that you bought have a lady on the box with a white scarf on her head and her hand laying on top of her head? The one I saw is like the one on the butters-n-bars website, but I couldn't find a batch # nor did I see that it was BAQ henna. Have you used your henna yet and was it easy to wash out? I also went to Around the Word Market and they had Hesh Mehandi, has anyone used this brand?

Carolina Natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Hood 29th July 2010, 11:54 pm

That sounds like it. It doesn't actually say BAQ, it says something like 'can also be used for hair.' Curly Nikki did a post abt it and she (like I) found it to be great. In the Henna 101 post, it's said that it's the same quality for conditioning but may have a lower dye content (or it may have been the Ayurveda 101). Anywho, it washes out great! No leaves, branches, or seashells Very Happy . I haven't used the Hesh brand, so I'm no help there.
Ms Hood
Ms Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by ~MyOhMie~ 30th July 2010, 12:19 am

I saw Jamila in Patel Brothers in Cary on Maynard 3 days ago. I didn't notice BAQ indicated on the box, but I did state pure Henna. It didn't have a price tag and it did have an expiration date and it wasn't dusty.
~MyOhMie~
~MyOhMie~

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Natural 30th July 2010, 9:10 am

@MyOhMie, I went to the Patel Brothers Thursday in Cary and I didn't see any Jamila Henna. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I saw it at the one around the corner that is across the street from circus. All of their stuff was dusty. Now, Around the World"s store is nice and clean. I like them the best. They had all the powders and neem oil. The only thing was they didn't have the Jamila Henna, but they had the Reshma & Hesh Hennas.

Carolina Natural

Back to top Go down

Post by ~MyOhMie~ 30th July 2010, 9:12 am

@Carolina Natural,
Where is Around the World located?
~MyOhMie~
~MyOhMie~

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Natural 30th July 2010, 9:30 am

If you are coming out of the Patel Brothers parking lot, make a left and go to the light. I think that's Chatam, make a right at the light go pass the soccer field and ATW will be on the right. I'm going back saturday either to Around the World or the other one that's across the street from Circus. I didn't care for the Patel Brothers. The store seemed a little dirty to me.

Carolina Natural

Back to top Go down

Post by ~MyOhMie~ 30th July 2010, 10:47 am

That was my first time visiting an Indian Market and it was raining like crazy, so I didn't want to venture in and out of my car. I desired to take my wet butt back to my house and get a hot cup of tea. [lol]. I'll try ATW today after work.
~MyOhMie~
~MyOhMie~

Back to top Go down

Post by ~MyOhMie~ 30th July 2010, 10:48 am

Thanks!!!! @ Carolina Natural, you've been very helpful, greatly appreciated. C-:
~MyOhMie~
~MyOhMie~

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Natural 30th July 2010, 11:04 am

No problem MyOhMie, we gotta stick together. I just wish the Jamila Henna had a batch date on it. I think I might go with the Reshena or the Dulhan and mix it with BAQ henna from Butters-n-Bars like Curlynikki does just to prolong my Jamilia stash since it's more expensive. I gave a herbal grinder so I might grind the Reshan & Dulhan henna just to get it a little finer since I heard it's harder to wash out. AnyTway, let me know how the shoping goes and what you get! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Carolina Natural

Back to top Go down

Post by ~MyOhMie~ 30th July 2010, 12:09 pm

This is Henna application 23 days later, never had a relaxer, previously colored hair to cover grey, last commercial color application was in May, air dried hair, then Chi Flat iron. [ Deep Conditioned with V05 smoothie from dollar store, added a 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil, placed grocery bag over my head then tied scarf over that, left it on for 2 hours, rinsed then followed up with a small amount of motions leave- in] I applied the BAQ Mehandi for African Hair at 5 am that morning and rinsed it out at 3pm in the afternoon. [ used black tea- I drink it as well do I brewed a big pot and used enough for the consistency desired, added after it cooled and a cap full of ACV, after dye release added a dab of coconut oil and cinnamon ]

https://i.servimg.com/u/f37/15/47/56/82/100_0815.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f37/15/47/56/82/100_0816.jpg

~MyOhMie~
~MyOhMie~

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Natural 30th July 2010, 12:26 pm

I Love the VO5 moisture milk! I'm not sure if the indigo is fading or if my hair is growing, but I already see gray hairs. Not alot, but enough. So I might do a henna treatment this weeked and since it's not a lot of gray, I might not do the indigo treatment. I have to see what my hair looks like first. Darn, I just thought about it. I don't have any indigio and I haven't seen it at the Indian stores. So, I need to order indigo from butters-n-bars plus all the other stuff on my list!

Carolina Natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next