CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slow Growth

+2
TiffNotANY
Ebbz
6 posters

Go down

Slow Growth Empty Slow Growth

Post by Ebbz 29th June 2010, 10:29 pm

I am a little over 2 months into my transition and the front of my hair is growing VERY SLOOOOOOWLYYYY! its killing me. All of my new growth seems to be growing slow, but this area is definitely the slowest. Has anyone else experienced this? How much new growth did you have at 2 months/2 1/2 months ?
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Slow Growth Empty Re: Slow Growth

Post by TiffNotANY 29th June 2010, 11:03 pm

I didn't have much in the front @ 2 months. The front of my hair grows extra slow compared to the rest. I'm 6 months post and the little growth I have up front used to "kill" me but I'm okay with it. I check out youtube videos of ppl that are transitioning to see if I'm a little on point with my growth. No worries, it's gonna grow!
TiffNotANY
TiffNotANY

Back to top Go down

Post by Mom2KurlyT 30th June 2010, 10:32 am

I didn't measure at 2 months but here is a pic of my new growth at the begining of my 3rd month.

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

My hair has always grown fast, which is why I used to have to relax ever 4 to 6 weeks. Everyone was saying that was way too much, now they can see why. But no more relaxer for me, I'm embracing my curls. Hang in there, everyone is different. Your hair is definitely growing but it just may be at a different rate from others. Take a photo of the same area once a month and I'm sure you'll see some progress. HTH!
Mom2KurlyT
Mom2KurlyT

http://kurlytspot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 30th June 2010, 10:41 am

i think it's natural for the front of the hair to grow slowly. It's also just genetics how EACH hair follicle grows. You could have a strand of hair in the middle just as short as the front (even though I know that doesn't mean much). I don't know how much new growth I had, because I didn't pay attention until I joined a hair care forum but it wasn't much...I don't think... But it's going to take time for your hair to grow. The average person grows 1/4 - 1/2 inch of hair each /month/ Some are slower, and some are faster. In time you'll have a head full of beautiful hair. Smile
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 30th June 2010, 5:43 pm

Thanks for the encouraging words ladies. I am going to try and be patient because I definitely don't want to go back to the relaxer. After the weekend, I am going to put my hair in a protective style so that I won't be able to see it. Maybe that will ease some of my anxiousness. lol
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by puff1000 30th June 2010, 5:44 pm

It's been April 15th since my last relaxer and my new growth is slow too. The front and back barely new growth the middle is already killing me. I guess that's a good thing because I can still wear my roller wrap but when it really come out don't know what ima do.

puff1000

Back to top Go down

Post by swt_sunny 3rd July 2010, 10:49 pm

You're not the only one! I'm 6.5 months post and having the same issue - the perimeter of my hair is def coming in slower than other parts. The crown & center of my hair is growing the fastest. It really hard to tell if its a case of scab hair or something else. I had gotten a few severly underproccessed touch ups prior to dec 09, so I'm not totally sure if that has something to do with it.

swt_sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down