CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rebelrocks

+9
curlykinks
dajewel
Blackbeauty
Lanamarie
curly+kinky+fierce
nmoultry
SheeTacular
Courtie
rebelrocks
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

rebelrocks - Page 2 Empty Re: rebelrocks

Post by curlykinks 24th November 2009, 10:19 pm

rebelrocks wrote:
curlykinks wrote:OMG - I've gotta try that henna! I love how your hair turned out. I've been itching to try some but have been leery for some reason, mostly because I have color in my hair and have been paranoid about what color my hair will turn. But since I've seen the color of your hair in person, you've given me a little hope!

If you want, I can do it with you! Yeah, since your hair color is so awesome, that is a concern...but fear not. The color took VERY well...i have a few dark brown highlights and they really feel well hydrated and look super shiny and healthy...i'd recommend it. You can't wash the color out, so you're stuck with it for about a month, so if you REALLY hate it, know that it fades away Smile but I'm confident you'll love it and your hair will too

also note, it can only make your hair darker...i know yours is kind of light, so that may be something you should think about..but other than that, i'd recommend henna to anyone!

I'm gonna take the plunge soon - maybe when I've got a little down time around the holidays. I've heard too many great things about it to not try it, and my hair could definitely use a little help in the conditioning department. I actually wouldn't mind it darkening my hair - now that I have the color, I want it to be dark again! I've just been concerned about what I've read about other henna turning the hair a reddish color. I don't need mine to be any brighter!
curlykinks
curlykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 25th November 2009, 1:02 pm

@curlykinks let me know Smile your hair won't get any brighter Smile so don't worry about that
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 25th November 2009, 1:38 pm

Hey ladies, I hope your day and hair are both wonderful tomorrow and you enjoy time with friends/family or solitude Smile

My hair today is behaving very nicely after I did a chunky re-twist last night with a little set it free, olive oil and water mix and sealed with shea butter Smile

rebelrocks - Page 2 2uhwm6u
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 25th November 2009, 2:08 pm

rebelrocks wrote:
Hey ladies, I hope your day and hair are both wonderful tomorrow and you enjoy time with friends/family or solitude Smile

My hair today is behaving very nicely after I did a chunky re-twist last night with a little set it free, olive oil and water mix and sealed with shea butter Smile

rebelrocks - Page 2 2uhwm6u

You enjoy your holiday also! I may have to do an updo also to avoid FIH (food in hair) rebelrocks - Page 2 Icon_wink . Twist out is going strong.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtie 25th November 2009, 5:09 pm

Your hair is looking lovely and shiny!

Have a good holiday -- I am going to try that dark henna soon.
Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchantment 25th November 2009, 5:59 pm

RebelRocks, loving the twists! I did chunky twist myself this time.
Enchantment
Enchantment

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 25th November 2009, 11:38 pm

Courtie wrote:Your hair is looking lovely and shiny!

Have a good holiday -- I am going to try that dark henna soon.

i'm trying to bling like you! rebelrocks - Page 2 879602
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 25th November 2009, 11:39 pm

Enchantment wrote:RebelRocks, loving the twists! I did chunky twist myself this time.

Thank you! Omg at first I thought my hair was too short for chunky twists, but they are the best thing ever, as long as they are fully dry before you take them out
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 30th November 2009, 1:37 pm

Good morning sweets! I love my hair today! I spent my weekend in ATL and stumbled across a World Direct market where i found 32 oz of coconut oil for 5.99, i bought 2 containers and needless to say, i'm in heaven! My hair loves, loves LOVESSSS coconut oil. I don't think it's possible for me to apply too much! (trust me, i've tried, lol)

I did chunky twists last night after co-washing with suave (i don't like this condish at ALLLL...it's like water, and my hair really hates it. It's not so bad if I use half of the bottle, but it's one of those situations where you get whatcha pay for rebelrocks - Page 2 Icon_sad I was sad...because it was so cheap. new hunt begins.

Yeah, so after the co-wash I applied some olive oil and then did a cold water rinse (worked very well)

I did about 6 twists on each side and most of them were flat twists!!! I did 2 regular twists on each side of my hair in the back, and the rest were flat! From now on, that's what i'll do. Loved the results rebelrocks - Page 2 Icon_smile and it was less time consuming
I flexi-rodded them and sat under the dryer for a while (because my hair is super thick, if I let them air dry, they would still be very wet the next morning and I had a date last night..so I couldn't have!)

Great results but not my best, the curls aren't so defined. But it's super soft. pics below!rebelrocks - Page 2 I5u34prebelrocks - Page 2 2nlvn9j rebelrocks - Page 2 Vdpfkj
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 30th November 2009, 2:03 pm

hey lady the hair is still gorgeous. One thing to improve the suave is to add olive oil n honey to the bottle. that way u can use the rest.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 30th November 2009, 3:01 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:hey lady the hair is still gorgeous. One thing to improve the suave is to add olive oil n honey to the bottle. that way u can use the rest.

thank you ma darling! I was let down Sad this might be a saviour though! I will try!
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 1st December 2009, 5:44 pm

Busy day! Last night, I re-twisted..mainly flat twists, sealed with shea and wrapped with flexi rods Smile nothin' fancy!

rebelrocks - Page 2 F57qefrebelrocks - Page 2 25q9iq9
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 3rd December 2009, 1:27 am

go girl! cute up!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 3rd December 2009, 1:38 am

Hey ladies, I hope your day and hair are both wonderful tomorrow and you enjoy time with friends/family or solitude rebelrocks - Page 2 Icon_smile

My hair today is behaving very nicely after I did a chunky re-twist last night with a little set it free, olive oil and water mix and sealed with shea butter rebelrocks - Page 2 Icon_smile

Enlarge this imageReduce this image

I really love your hair in this pic. It's really full and beautiful.
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 4th December 2009, 10:54 am

@humannature, thank you ma lady! yours rock too!! Smile
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 7th December 2009, 11:26 am

Good morning ladies, I'm depressed. I thought my hair was on the right track but it's totally not. The ends are super duper heat and color damaged! My hair has been growing super fast and that's how I can tell the difference in textures! Some is super soft and feels healthy..and the rest feels like straw! Lord help me! I was really focusing on growing my hair...now i must switch my focus to hair health, HMPH! Sad i should have never flat ironed! Never again! EVER!

Guess i'll just have to keep whackin the ends off until they're all gone...I was really looking forward to my huge fro...that will have to wait...Duty calls!

Anyhoo, here are a few pix Smile
Me and my sisters 8m old puppy, Ava
rebelrocks - Page 2 1znycg3

Before church Saturday
rebelrocks - Page 2 2cidwm0

Today, gross! Sad
rebelrocks - Page 2 2cws7lg

oh! i did a braidout for the first time! Hated it! The results were fair but it took way too long to unravel and looked no better than my twistout!

I washed with dr.bronners and a little bit of giovanni's tea tree shampoo. Condished with GF and I tried a new one...vio something Sad sorry, i forgot! It was awesome though! I'll post the name and review tomorrow!

I re-visited my CD's healthy hair butter...it's actually pretty awesome! I used that, coconut oil, devaone, a little set it free and sealed with shea Smile
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 7th December 2009, 8:24 pm

I hope you are feeling better.

Your pup is cute. Ava's arm looks human.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 8th December 2009, 4:32 am

I STILL havent tried that healthy hair butter again. its so thick! did you mix it with the other things or put it on separately.

and ava looks spoiled! lol is she a lab? or weimerainer (i KNOW i didn't spell that right). my puppy just turned 1 a month ago and I came in my room found him standing on my bed and almost put him out! lol. and today he destroyed one of my hair clips grrrrr lol.
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 8th December 2009, 4:37 am

oh and I think when you focus on the health of your hair growing is a natural by-product...so I think the switch will be a good thing!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 8th December 2009, 11:01 am

d.denise wrote:I STILL havent tried that healthy hair butter again. its so thick! did you mix it with the other things or put it on separately.

and ava looks spoiled! lol is she a lab? or weimerainer (i KNOW i didn't spell that right). my puppy just turned 1 a month ago and I came in my room found him standing on my bed and almost put him out! lol. and today he destroyed one of my hair clips grrrrr lol.

I didn't mix it per-se...I put it on with coconut oil, devaone and set it free...I think I like it again Smile My hair loves products!

Ava IS spoiled, I think she can talk sometimes! She's a weimaraner and at only 8 months she's HUGE! She can hardly fit in my lap, and I can't pick her up anymore...my sister and her husband have a handful!

Awe LOL BAD dog! What kind of puppy do you have?
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 8th December 2009, 11:05 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I hope you are feeling better.

Your pup is cute. Ava's arm looks human.

I'm feeling a lot better, thank you Smile

Ava looks human, lol! She is an interesting doggie Smile
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 8th December 2009, 5:21 pm

weimeraners are soooo friggin smart I think she probably can talk lol. and they are so tall... too big for my 1 bedroom apt lol.

I have a pit bull that thinks he's a shih tzu...i swear. he tries to jump in your lap - at 60 lbs! he really thinks he weighs like 10 lbs. and he throws himself on people tryna play. he is a trip. his name is caesar and I shouldn't have named him that cuz he really thinks this is his palace lol.
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 8th December 2009, 5:40 pm

OMG that's how Ava is! She's always jumping up like she weighs a few ounces! She's going to be over 70 lbs! But she is VERY smart

Aweeee Caesar is such a cute name ^_^
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum