CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

black pin up art

4 posters

Go down

black pin up art Empty black pin up art

Post by airbornewife8 24th June 2010, 1:52 am

So i recently BC at the end of April. I was looking for a way to commemorate this event and decided that i would like to get a new tattoo. I would like to get a tattoo of a black pin up girl with an afro. I have been searching on google but havent found much. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where i could find this type of art! Thanks!

airbornewife8

Back to top Go down

black pin up art Empty Re: black pin up art

Post by Alanija 24th June 2010, 9:39 am

You could have your tattoo artist create it for you.

~Tootles!
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 24th June 2010, 10:00 am

Look at any kind of pin up girl and look at their outfits and positions and just take that and put an black woman in place of her.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 24th June 2010, 11:56 am

You want it very sexy or not? I ask because there's a site that features pin-ups of all kinds, some are black although you have to search, but a lot of them are kind of, um...well, they're not wearing a lot of clothes. LOL

Go here: CLIM Creative Image Licensing and Management

You'll really have to search, but I know off hand that Rion Vernon has at least two black pin-up types and you may find those easier at his website, which I think is pinuptoons.com or something like that. Just Google his name.

One pinup has afro puffs and the other just has a regular hair style, I think. No afro. Also, you can find a ton of ideas at istock.com. I have a whole folder there of afro/black hairstyles. Some are really kind of funky. You can do a search. Select "Illustration" only and type in something like afro, hair, black, women and see what pops up.

Cool idea. Good luck.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down