CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I LOVE KINKY-CURLY CUSTARD

+27
Fleur
Naturalin2010
cutie_curli
lovemynaturalhair
alove15
C.
FloridaSunshiny
freckledmom4
EmbracingNaturalMe
sonance
Afronique
s4pphir3
EllaMomi2002
rayray19
4EverNatural
jlowman1
BajanPrincess82
IJustWannaKnow2
Juices-n-Berries
noemiehoney
coilykinks
darcellie
WhosThatRedHead
dyamonds10
LadyMika
mstokes2008
ImanaLaJule
31 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I LOVE KINKY-CURLY CUSTARD - Page 2 Empty Re: I LOVE KINKY-CURLY CUSTARD

Post by IJustWannaKnow2 15th July 2010, 11:23 am

Do you find you have to use equal amts of the KT and the CC or do you use more of one than the other?
If so, which one?
How long does it take for your hair to dry??
Thanks.

Peace.

IJustWannaKnow2

Back to top Go down

Post by s4pphir3 15th July 2010, 1:11 pm

I like the Curling Custard but depending on how much I use it weighs my curls down a lot and makes them wavy and wiry looking instead .. No .. I know it says not to use it with silicone conditioners but I find it works best when i put HE Hello Hydration underneath.

IJustWannaKnow2 wrote:
Does the Come Clean shampoo strip the hair? I have the CD Black Vanilla shampoo and it leaves my hair feeling like a haystack...

I don't believe so .. I used to use it to clarify and haven't had any problems. It leaves my hair squeaky clean but not dry.
s4pphir3
s4pphir3

http://members.fotki.com/s4pphir3/about

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 15th July 2010, 10:10 pm

IJustWannaKnow2 wrote:Do you find you have to use equal amts of the KT and the CC or do you use more of one than the other?
If so, which one?
Thanks.

Peace.

No I use more of the CC than the KT.... usually my hair doesn't dry for at least an hour or more
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by IJustWannaKnow2 16th July 2010, 12:18 pm

APPLICATION of product:
Does anyone yield better results with the KCCC if you apply it while hair is wet, then slowly comb it through with a wider-toothed comb?
Would this yield more even distribution of the product and better uniformity of curls?
I know one of the problems I've heard from people is that the hair looks fuzzy after it dried / product dries unevenly...
How do you apply it? Just curious...
Would you mind sharing your method of application?

IJustWannaKnow2

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EverNatural 16th July 2010, 3:55 pm

IJustWannaKnow2 wrote:APPLICATION of product:
Does anyone yield better results with the KCCC if you apply it while hair is wet, then slowly comb it through with a wider-toothed comb?
Would this yield more even distribution of the product and better uniformity of curls?
I know one of the problems I've heard from people is that the hair looks fuzzy after it dried / product dries unevenly...
How do you apply it? Just curious...
Would you mind sharing your method of application?

Hello, its really trail and error because the first couple times I used it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] , but then I kept trying different methods and I watched some Youtube videos to see how people apply it to their hair. The amount that you use will depend on your hair. I section my hair into four parts and I apply the KCKT to each section and then apply the KCCC by using the shingle method (rake the product through small sections of my hair with my fingers). Once the products have been applied to each section, I spray my hair with water and then SHAKE,SHAKE,SHAKE, then I just let it air dry. Hope this helps or atleast makes some sense [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

4EverNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 16th July 2010, 6:48 pm

I agree with 4EverNatural. I shingle it through my wet hair but your hair will ultimately tell you how to use it.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Afronique 17th July 2010, 1:41 am

Hello ladies I must say that I'm a big fan of the kinky curly products ...i have the whole line I do know for me that I have to use a good amount of the kc conditoner that's what really defines my pattern and elongate as well it makes combing easier too.......i don't use alot of the kkcc at the same time I have 5 inches of new growth plus my relaxed ends after it dries my hair both textures that is,is so soft I love it alot!!! Will be buying plenty more before it hits target

the price is steep but worth brewing Surprised

Afronique

Back to top Go down

Post by sonance 11th August 2010, 7:54 pm

I started out using Miss Jessie's when I went natural and let me tell you...KC is way cheaper than them! I guess the price doesn't worry me since I know I've spent more on my relaxed hair than I've ever spent on my natural hair.

I love the KC Knot Today and the KC Curly Custard. I just add some coconut oil after the KCCC and I'm good to go!
sonance
sonance

http://www.seriouslynatural.org

Back to top Go down

I LOVE KINKY-CURLY CUSTARD - Page 2 Empty Re: I love Kinky Curly Curling Custard!

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 7th September 2010, 7:07 pm

I recently bought the KC line and I must say I am loving it. The Come Clean shampoo had super lather and left my hair and scalp really clean. I followed that with KCKT and the slip was amazing. As soon as I started the application of the KCCC, I knew it was a winner. The curl definition was unbelievable. After my hair dried, it had little crunch. My hair has major strinkage but I don't mind it. I used the Eco Styler gel yesterday and hands down, KCCC is the winner. In my opinion, it is definitely worth the money. And to think, I almost returned it to the store without even trying it because of the price. I will see how it holds up on the 2nd day.

Last edited by EmbracingNaturalMe on 7th September 2010, 7:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

I LOVE KINKY-CURLY CUSTARD - Page 2 Empty Entered Twice

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 7th September 2010, 7:08 pm

Erased duplication
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 8th September 2010, 1:40 pm

I started using this about a week ago and although it is pricey, when I add up all the gels and combos I bought and tried, I've paid for atleast 2 jars of the gel. I feel it is worth it because I got 3 day hair out of one application and I could have made it last one more day if I hadn't applied something over it that made my hair look gummy. I only had to use a little bit and I have noticed an increase in my hair related compliments.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by FloridaSunshiny 16th September 2010, 11:01 am

I just tried Kinky Curly (again) and love it. I did a wash n' go and it made my curly SUPER defined. I did have A LOT of shrinkage, more than I've ever had with any other product, but the curls were really popping. My hair was crunchy at first, but I spray a bit of my JCS Leave-in Condish and they curls soften right on up. The 2nd day, I still had a ton of definition and didn't have to do much except shake and go.

I used A LOT of the KCKT on my hair, but very little of the gel. I used enough for the hair to feel smooth, but not over product-y. I'll probably keep this in the rotation for the summer months when I can do a wash n' go.
FloridaSunshiny
FloridaSunshiny

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 16th September 2010, 10:17 pm

has anyone tried the kinky curly products from target?
im going to purchase some tomorrow or this weekend from target because my hair is really dry and Kinky curly knot today is the only leave-in I can get immediately that the vast majority of ppl like/love. i havent heard anything bad about it other than the price, but if it works then i dont mind.

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 16th September 2010, 10:41 pm

I got mine from Target. It seems to be the same formula and the same price that is sold online minus the shipping. It is a good leave in, but I think Giovanni Direct Leave in is very good as well. They sell that at Target for about $8. I bought the KT because I heard the CC doesn't mix well with other products.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by alove15 20th September 2010, 2:34 am

I like KT and KCCC but I don't use them for their conventional uses because Im staying away from loose unstretched hair styles. I use KT in my leave in mix and I use KCCC to smooth my edges and soften my ends before bunning.
alove15
alove15

Back to top Go down

I LOVE KINKY-CURLY CUSTARD - Page 2 Empty Re: I love Kinky-Curly Custard

Post by lovemynaturalhair 27th September 2010, 6:42 pm

mstokes2008 wrote:lol I still haven't got the application or amount down yet, do you have any pictures of your results??

My profile picture is of the result of Kinky Curly. I like it, it works really well at defining your curl pattern, but it can feel a bit sticky when you touch your hair during the day. It smells awesome. Its definitely worth a try!
lovemynaturalhair
lovemynaturalhair

Back to top Go down

Post by cutie_curli 28th September 2010, 1:52 pm

I would have to agree with the other people about this product. Both KT and KCCC are da bomb. Words can't really describe how good these products. Both are go to products for twistouts and moisture! Love them!

cutie_curli

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 28th September 2010, 4:22 pm

IJustWannaKnow2 wrote:Do you find you have to use equal amts of the KT and the CC or do you use more of one than the other?
If so, which one?
Thanks.

Peace.
Oh, I absolutely love this stuff. I tried both for the first time last week and am loving it. It smells soo yummy, yep, just like pudding - lol. I used mine for twisting. Since I did a lot of reading about it, I only used very little of the CC, but more of the KT and my hair turned out fine. I actually bought the small jar from curlmart because Target never had it everytime I went. I wasn't sure how it would do, so the small jar will definitely go a long way.

FloridaSunshiny wrote:... My hair was crunchy at first, but I spray a bit of my JCS Leave-in Condish and they curls soften right on up.
How did your hair do with mixing the leave in conditioner on top of it. No product reactions? That sounds like a good way to soften curls when you have too much gel.
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 28th September 2010, 5:38 pm

I use KCCC, but after it dries my hair looks soooo crunchy and dry. I experimented and sealed my hair with a jojoba/evoo mix before applying the custard so my hair does not get the full impact of the hold. I apply a mix of KCCC and ECostyler and voilĂ --soft, defined curls.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 28th September 2010, 7:16 pm

I did an experiment today and applied alot of KCKT and a lil bit of KCCC and got the same results but it was a lot softer!!! I think that will be my new routine..
oh yea i also restocked up on my KC products at target today and I check the ingredients and they are exactly the same as the one from curlmart or the site..KC is my new best friend from my TWA
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by ShortNSassie 28th September 2010, 8:58 pm

I have not tried any of the kinky curly products yet. I hear a ton of mixed reviews.
ShortNSassie
ShortNSassie

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 28th September 2010, 9:41 pm

I have the KCKT and the KCCC and I love, love, love the KCKT. When I apply, my tangles just melt away. It is tricky because a little does go far. So, I apply a very small amount and distribute throughout the hair and let it sit for about 2 minutes and I can then tell whether I need more, but usually not. The 2 products really compliment each other. However, I find the KCCC acts like a selfish child because it misbehaves with many other products. KCKT is more agreeable with other product lines. I am new to this natural world and I have many products. Just trying them to find my HG. I have been wearing twist outs for about 6 months and the 2 products give me great results; however, I haven't gotten that "great hold" I hear others talking about. I can pull off 2 day hair (maybe), but that is it. Yes, they are pricey, but they will last quite sometime.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyNMixed 29th September 2010, 1:16 am

I just bought some KCCC and KT today. I will be trying it tomorrow. It almost made me throw up laying down that much money, so it better be miraculous. LOL!
CurlyNMixed
CurlyNMixed

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 29th September 2010, 9:52 am

CurlyNMixed, just don't be too heavy handed with it or your results will be more jheri curl looking, possible residue in your hair, and very extended drying time. Let us know how it turns out and let us know what style you used it for. Good luck!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by JerseyGyrl 12th October 2010, 11:12 pm

[i]i really like KCCC. I don't use the Knot Today. I get the best definition by using a little diluted Aussie Moist as a leave-in and i shingle in the KCCC. I can get 4-5 day hair out of one application. At night, I mist with water, do about 8-9 big chunky twists, and my hair falls right into place in the am. Loves it.
JerseyGyrl
JerseyGyrl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2