CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frizzy 2 strand twists

5 posters

Go down

Frizzy 2 strand twists Empty Frizzy 2 strand twists

Post by NikE 16th June 2010, 2:36 pm

Hola!!!

So I did medium sized 2 strand twists on my hair using shea moistures curl and style milk. My twists were great for the 1st day, I'm now on day 3 and they look like then been in for 2 weeks. The plan is to leave them in for 1 week at a time them to wash, DC, and re-twist, but it looks bad with all the frizz.

I want to retwist this weekend so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, or if someone could point me in the direction of a thread that covered this topic that would be great!

Oh btw I tie them down with a silk scarf at night and let the steam from the shower wake them up in the morning.

Thanks!!!
NikE
NikE

Back to top Go down

Frizzy 2 strand twists Empty Re: Frizzy 2 strand twists

Post by labon10 16th June 2010, 2:38 pm

maybe you should make them a little smaller

labon10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th June 2010, 2:42 pm

If you want your twist to last for a week or more and not get frizzy after a day or two, you have to use a product with some hold. I love using the Shea Moisture Hair Milk if I am gonna retwist at night and do a twist out the next day.

When I want my twist to last for a week, I use my shea butter mix and ORS Lock and Twist gel or Eco Custard (eco styler gel, avocado oil, EVOO, and castor oil) for hold.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NikE 16th June 2010, 4:03 pm

Thanks ladies!

@labon10 I thought about making them smaller but it took me 6 hours to do this size, so this is the smallest they'll be until i get this frizz under control LOL!

@Lynnieluve-That's makes so much sense, I've been eyeing that Eco Custard so I'm gonna give that a try with the hair milk. Thanks a million!
NikE
NikE

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 16th June 2010, 4:39 pm

I put my hair in twists often, and I notice that when I do not moisturize my hair well enough they tend to frizz easier. I usually leave my twists in anywhere between 10-14 days and proper moisture is key for me!
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NikE 16th June 2010, 5:03 pm

@Curly Film Chick- I agree 100 percent, but my hair is actually very moisturized, much more than when I've twisted with butters in the past, I think I need something to add to the hold factor. What do you moisturize your twists with?
NikE
NikE

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 16th June 2010, 5:09 pm

I experiment a lot, but lately I been using Oyin's Frank Juice, a spray and for the past week its been holding up well, and then have been sealing with their Whipped Shea butter (I think that's what its called).

Before, I would moisturize with an aloe vera gel/olive oil mix spritz. Since I have a lot of hair, I would do it in sections. And every night I wore satin scarf...

For the hold, I found twisting with aloe vera gel has been sufficient enough. That or Kinky Curly Custard. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] And in the past, I used "setting lotion" like products or leave in conditioners like Garnier Fructis Shine and Define Leave in Conditioning Cream (which is really great to mositurize too)
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 16th June 2010, 5:43 pm

I gotta say though - if you've got hair like mine, frizzy twists are just a sad reality. My hair is like tons of tiny slinkys on my head, and it really just does what it wants. It will escape from all kinds of styles and looks best when left alone to do what it feels like.

I've learned to accept that, and work with my wild texture. I'm not saying you have the same issue, but sometimes there's not much you can do!
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down