CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My curls aren't popping

+2
vovowiththafro
jesslove1913
6 posters

Go down

My curls aren't popping Empty My curls aren't popping

Post by jesslove1913 11th June 2010, 5:44 pm

Hola!

I am a 4b/4c hair type and at the beginning of the day my hair is super cute and the curls are stretched out because they are kind of wet. Unfortunately by 3 pm my hair lacks moisture and the curls are particularly gone [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I was looking for some suggestions on what to use to stretch my curls and lock in moisture (besides henna). Thank you in advance. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Have an awesome day
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
jesslove1913
jesslove1913

Back to top Go down

My curls aren't popping Empty Re: My curls aren't popping

Post by vovowiththafro 12th June 2010, 12:25 am

To define curls, many use the shingle method which can be used with conditioner or gel. There are a multitude of youtube tutorials which demonstrate the shingle method. Actually Curly Nikki used to use Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Scrunching Gel and rake the gels through sections. You can also use conditioners. You can weigh down individual curls with metal clips or banding to stretch the curls.
vovowiththafro
vovowiththafro

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulMe80 12th June 2010, 5:56 pm

What kind of moisturizer are you using before you put gel on your hair? Or, what kind of gel are you using? Depending on how long your hair is, you may want to use a curl activator gel in combo with your styling gel. That helps me because I hated the crunchy curls at the end of the day and the major shrinkage. I use Hawiian Silky curl activator gel and a little bit of the pink EcoStyler gel. My curls stay sofe and moist ALL day and never hard.
BeautifulMe80
BeautifulMe80

Back to top Go down

Post by jesslove1913 17th June 2010, 2:51 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. Right now I am using Pink Lotion, coconut oil, and sometimes Cantu. I have tried the gel technique and it works well but after 3 or 4 days my hair is crunchy but maybe I will try the Hawaiian Silky Curl Activator gel. Where can I purchase this?
jesslove1913
jesslove1913

Back to top Go down

Post by vovowiththafro 17th June 2010, 2:59 pm

If you don't want your hair to be crunchy, you can try eco custard which is a combo of ecostyler gel, aloe vera gel, extra virgin olive oil and extra virgin coconut oil. It gives great curl definition without the crunchy feeling. You can most likely buy HSCAG at Sally's or some local BSS. Also it is sold online.

Last edited by vovowiththafro on 17th June 2010, 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
vovowiththafro
vovowiththafro

Back to top Go down

Post by bambiix2 28th July 2010, 9:57 pm

get rid of the pink lotion .. that does nothing but UNmoisturise the hair . What are the ingredients in it ?
bambiix2
bambiix2

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 29th July 2010, 10:16 pm

^^^ mineral oil (accck!!!!) is a main ingredient
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 5th September 2010, 11:46 am

I would say trash the Pink Lotion and get a real moisturizer too. You'll probably see a different. It's likely drying out your hair.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down