CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WOMAN DOWN! BC'D 6-3-10 ! NEED big sis

5 posters

Go down

WOMAN DOWN! BC'D 6-3-10 ! NEED big sis Empty WOMAN DOWN! BC'D 6-3-10 ! NEED big sis

Post by Tempertink 7th June 2010, 2:31 pm

Hey Ya'll,

So... stories goes. I have being transisitoning for the last 10 months. For the last month, I had been sort of BC'ing. First I cut the front of my hair, then the back. So one day last week, I took a shower and washed my hair and decided I am going to cut the rest of this permed hair off....

Yeah..... I soooooooo regret doing the BC! I should have just kept on transistioning! Someone help me!
Tempertink
Tempertink

Back to top Go down

WOMAN DOWN! BC'D 6-3-10 ! NEED big sis Empty Re: WOMAN DOWN! BC'D 6-3-10 ! NEED big sis

Post by naturalchic 7th June 2010, 6:59 pm

hello,

congrats on the big chop...its a huge change and transition to see ur hair texture and not know what to do. its a process to get a style that you like for your hair....what styling products are you using.

as far as styles i would try to twist and twist outs to start. I transitioned for about 2 years by keeping my hair braided or flat ironed. I stopped perming and braiding my hair in January and i have finally gotten comfortable with styling my hair. I had to find products my hair loved and believe me i tried numerous products based on review from others and most were a no go for me, lol

i hope this info helps! stay encouraged and check out the other post on here!
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

WOMAN DOWN! BC'D 6-3-10 ! NEED big sis Empty Re: WOMAN DOWN! BC'D 6-3-10 ! NEED big sis

Post by Tempertink 8th June 2010, 11:33 am

Thank you.

So the wash and go has been my staple. I used Patene Relaxed and Natural when I was transistion and I am still kinda using it now. I bought Hello Hydration to co wash with on Saturday. It works great now.

I need to find a head scarf to stay on while sleeping. I was doing bantu knots when I was transistioning so it stayed on, unlike no.

I also bought some gel activator from Herbal Essences to help define my curls. It's ok, but the conditioner actually does a better job.

Far as the styling goes, I dont know what to do really cause I feel like I look like florida evans right now LOL...
Tempertink
Tempertink

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 8th June 2010, 12:09 pm

Tempertink wrote:Thank you.

So the wash and go has been my staple. I used Patene Relaxed and Natural when I was transistion and I am still kinda using it now. I bought Hello Hydration to co wash with on Saturday. It works great now.

I need to find a head scarf to stay on while sleeping. I was doing bantu knots when I was transistioning so it stayed on, unlike no.

I also bought some gel activator from Herbal Essences to help define my curls. It's ok, but the conditioner actually does a better job.

Far as the styling goes, I dont know what to do really cause I feel like I look like florida evans right now LOL...

hello again, as far as hair scarfs i recommend getting a silk one and a silk bonnet, depending on style you will need one or the other.

as far as gels i use IC olive oil gel and love it, no crunch and my hair is super shiny. i have tried eco styler and did not like it way to crunchy, lol......

hair styling you will just have to experiment with your hair, the first and second time you do it wont be perfect but the more you do it the more your hair will be used to the style. I suggest trying to either two strand twist it and leave the twist in for at least 3 or 4 days and then do a twist out...or if you need to you can retwist it throughout the week but with patience and practice you will be able to find the styles that your hair loves. I have not been able to do a wash and go on my hair Crying or Very sad lol...so whats your process for wash and go? and how long is your hair?
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempertink 8th June 2010, 12:52 pm

I have a silk bonnet, however it wont stay on at night. I guess I sleep to wild.

I have a bunch of headbands from when I was transitioning so I just use those now for decoration.

My hair is short, about 3.5 inches long. But I have such a tight curl you cant even tell.

During the week I use my basic poo and conditioner (Patene Relaxed and natural) and wash in the shower. I usually take a quarter size drop of conditioner and rub it in my hair, and my hair just curls right up. Then I have to put the gel in my hair (cause one the conditioner dries up, the puffiness begins). after that I just finger the curls to seperate. when I was still transitioning , I couldn't do a wash and go, it looked terrible every time.
Tempertink
Tempertink

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 8th June 2010, 1:12 pm

Tempertink wrote:I have a silk bonnet, however it wont stay on at night. I guess I sleep to wild.

I have a bunch of headbands from when I was transitioning so I just use those now for decoration.

My hair is short, about 3.5 inches long. But I have such a tight curl you cant even tell.

During the week I use my basic poo and conditioner (Patene Relaxed and natural) and wash in the shower. I usually take a quarter size drop of conditioner and rub it in my hair, and my hair just curls right up. Then I have to put the gel in my hair (cause one the conditioner dries up, the puffiness begins). after that I just finger the curls to seperate. when I was still transitioning , I couldn't do a wash and go, it looked terrible every time.

i have tired numerous times to do a wash and go, tried kinky curly but got a really tight jheri curl look that i so did not like and it took my hair forever to dry.

oh yeah another thing to try is to add a wet leave in conditioner and then seal with oil and add a cream conditioner on top of that...this can help fit frizz which is the result of hair losing moisture. I use the aussie hair insurance, (and you can add a curl activator to this step if you like), then take a little olive, coconut and castor oil and apply all over hair making sure to coat ends mostly, then add giovanni leave in conditioner...then i style usually with gel. I am currently wearing a finger coil which i LOVE!! it last 3 or 4 days!

there are also a lot of tutorials on you tube my favs are kimmytube and prettydimples. check them out or search for styles in the search box!
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 11th June 2010, 12:07 pm

ITA with everything that was suggested. I just recently BC'd after 10 months of transitioning and loved it while I was doing it and it was wet and looking great, but shrinkage is/was my worst enemy and within a few hours I had a very TWA that I wasnt feeling at all. So I needed to try some other styles that would make my hair look the actual length or longer period. I have about 4-6 inches of natural. It vaires all over..

Tranisitioning is a journey not of just your hair but your mind and who you are and your lifestyle, etc. So yes I was just like you cutting little pieces along the way (being completely natural in the back) and then got fed up and cut off the rest of it. I hated it the next day until I thought "Maybe I should try my transitioning favorite styles cause I have enough length?" So I tried a braid out (6 corn rows going back on damp hair withabout 2 or 3 products) and I loved it and it has become my staple hairstyle. I cant wait to try some other styles but I am just enjoying this journey

So I think once you have a style that you love, you will start to love your hair and its not an overnight thing. This is the trial and error period and you are bound to have bad days with your hair just like your life goes, well mine anyway...lol. Up and downs...

Check out youtube, fotki and of course the oh so lovely curlynikki..

Sorry so long, I can go on for days when I talk about my hair!!!
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 11th June 2010, 12:14 pm

laleepop14 wrote:ITA with everything that was suggested. I just recently BC'd after 10 months of transitioning and loved it while I was doing it and it was wet and looking great, but shrinkage is/was my worst enemy and within a few hours I had a very TWA that I wasnt feeling at all. So I needed to try some other styles that would make my hair look the actual length or longer period. I have about 4-6 inches of natural. It vaires all over..

Tranisitioning is a journey not of just your hair but your mind and who you are and your lifestyle, etc. So yes I was just like you cutting little pieces along the way (being completely natural in the back) and then got fed up and cut off the rest of it. I hated it the next day until I thought "Maybe I should try my transitioning favorite styles cause I have enough length?" So I tried a braid out (6 corn rows going back on damp hair withabout 2 or 3 products) and I loved it and it has become my staple hairstyle. I cant wait to try some other styles but I am just enjoying this journey

So I think once you have a style that you love, you will start to love your hair and its not an overnight thing. This is the trial and error period and you are bound to have bad days with your hair just like your life goes, well mine anyway...lol. Up and downs...

Check out youtube, fotki and of course the oh so lovely curlynikki..

Sorry so long, I can go on for days when I talk about my hair!!!

Hello, Im with you i can talk about my hair all day. The key is finding a style your hair loves and working with it. more importantly its about loving your curls and not being jealous of anyone else's curls. Your hair is yours, own it, love it, embrace it!
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by curlybarbi48 20th June 2010, 6:24 pm

I soooo agree with Naturalchic. You have to love YOUR curls and work with YOUR curls. What works for my head may not work for yours. I have about 7 natural friends, and NONE of us the same type of hair, and what works for one doesn't work for the others. It's all trial and error, and can be a lot of fun if you have the patience. I change my hairstyle about two to three times a week just because I CAN! LOL Enjoy your natural journey!
curlybarbi48
curlybarbi48

Location : I'm from Columbia, SC, but currently reside in Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Post by kurlegurl 22nd June 2010, 12:16 pm

Like you, I recently BC'd and started to regret it, but after really thinking about it, my natural hair is so much easier to deal with than the two textures I was battling before! I love wash and go's, but the best part is experimenting with styles. I have about 2 inches of hair and just this past weekend, I did some finger coils, and pulled them out after 2 days and played around with it and ended up with a semi fro-hawk!!! Everyone complimented me on it, so I guess it looked better than I thought.

The great thing about natural hair, if you try a style and don't like it, you can just wash it and start again, or just do a wash and go and you still look great without the hassles that relaxed or transitioning hair can bring in the case of a horrible style!

Enjoy your natural hair and just have fun, it's summer time and now is the best time to try to find out what works, so you can be prepared for the winter!!

Enjoy your journey, we are all in this together and are here to support and help each other! YOu gotta love being a natural, I know I DO!!!
kurlegurl
kurlegurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down