CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

P i * J a y

+10
sweetdrk1
ChrsLvsBks
CocoEuro
curly+kinky+fierce
SheeTacular
jamaicacurl
gammainme
loveself247
Blackbeauty
Pi*Jay
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

P i * J a y Empty P i * J a y

Post by Pi*Jay 12th November 2009, 7:05 pm

Hi Curly Girlies!

I'm Pi*Jay. I'm a 20 year old college student studying business management. I attend Albany State University. I've been a nonconformist since 1989. Transitioning since August '09, and loving every moment of it. I've never had to or been able to be this creative with my hair in all my life. Things are going swell so far so I'm optimistic.

Here are some styles I've sported the past couple of weeks:
The Cinnabun

P i * J a y Hair_t19

The Faux Messy Bun

P i * J a y Hair_t18

The Bantu Knot Out

P i * J a y Ht_04510

P i * J a y Ht_05010

The Curly Fro

P i * J a y Ht_00410

Products Used:
Co-Washed w/ Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Conditioner
Sealed w/ Shea Butter
Treated hair and scalp w/ a mixture of Water, Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave In Conditioning Cream, Lavender Oil, and Tea Tree Oil
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

P i * J a y Empty Re: P i * J a y

Post by Blackbeauty 12th November 2009, 7:39 pm

Do you plan on doing the Big Chop at certain time?
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Pi*Jay 12th November 2009, 7:52 pm

I wanna try and hold off for a year. However, its been three months, and I think I may be ready to do it next month. I've cut my hair extremely short before except it was relaxed. I think short hair fits my face... we'll see how my mind and wallet looks next month, and I'll go from there :-)
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 12th November 2009, 7:57 pm

@Pi*Jay,,,I love your hair.
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by gammainme 12th November 2009, 8:01 pm

cute curly fro- dont you just just love headbands?! a two strand headband can make any messy bun look good! they always give me headaches though:(
gammainme
gammainme

Back to top Go down

Post by Pi*Jay 12th November 2009, 9:30 pm

Thanks you all!! P i * J a y Icon_biggrin

...and headbands are the most versatile hair accessory!
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 12th November 2009, 10:02 pm

Love your hair Pi Jay!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pi*Jay 13th November 2009, 10:44 pm

Thanks!
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

P i * J a y Empty Weeks 1 & 2

Post by Pi*Jay 13th November 2009, 10:49 pm

So I co-washed and what-not with my staple products (the ones listed above) except this time I used a Suave Naturals Conditioner. It smelled delish and my hair loves it! I will post a full review soon. Also, I micro twisted my hair and curled the ends but the curls are a lil too tight at the moment so I will post pics when the curls loosen... hopefully in the morn. P i * J a y Icon_biggrin
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 13th November 2009, 11:27 pm

PJ u doing it up for real!! I like it.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 14th November 2009, 1:25 pm

Cnt wait 2 see the pics!
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

P i * J a y Empty Week 3

Post by Pi*Jay 17th November 2009, 1:24 am

Weekend Hair

P i * J a y Ht_00610

P i * J a y Ht_00710

P i * J a y Ht_00411

I decided to try something new this weekend that would keep me from wasting time playing with my hair. I micro-twisted it then pulled it up. Nothing fancy... just something to get it out of the way for a couple of days. I wished it had lasted longer. However, my hair (and nose) likes the Coconut Suave Naturals Conditioner I used.

Last edited by Pi*Jay on 19th November 2009, 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 18th November 2009, 10:12 pm

Remember that thread when u talked about olive oil as a deep condish??!! Yes MA'm! I tried it lastnite (by accident) and it worked wonders!!!!!!!! I will for sure incorporate that into my regimen!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

P i * J a y Empty Week 3

Post by Pi*Jay 19th November 2009, 9:12 pm

Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner

P i * J a y 200

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Distearyldimonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, 2 Bromo 2 Nitropropane 1, 3 Diol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Propylene Glycol, Silk Amino Acids, Honey/Mel, Nettle (Urtica Dioica) Extract, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Extract, Coconut (Cocoa Nucifera) Extract
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Description:
Replenishthe natural beauty of your hair with this special formula combining humectants and vitamin E. Enjoy the fresh scent of coconuts as this formula helps nourish each strand.
Say yes to beautiful without paying the price.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Thoughts:
Smells yummy- Sweet and Coconuty. Has a nice slippery feel. Detangles well.
After co-washing and using as a leave in for styling, it left my hair soft and smelling good. I think its an excellent buy for the price (only 2 dollars at my local dollar store). So for all the transitioning, college budget gals who need a nice condish but cant afford to splurg, this condish is definitely one to try... and for 2 bucks, why not?
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

P i * J a y Empty Week 3

Post by Pi*Jay 19th November 2009, 9:36 pm

...In Other News...

Last night, I co-washed, and for the first time ever, I Deep Conditioned! I was so excited. I'm looking forward to soft, refreshing hair... hopefully. You never know how your hair will react to new products so... guess I'll find out in the morning after my hair dries. I went with a deep condish that I had seen some other curlies raving about. I will post a review after I find out the results, and if I do not achieve the soft, luxurious locks of my dream, it will be back on the Wal-Mart shelves by tomorrow afternoon. P i * J a y Icon_wink

Also, I cut off about an inch to an inch and a half of hair! P i * J a y Icon_eek

P i * J a y Ht_00310

Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by Pi*Jay 19th November 2009, 9:39 pm

curly+kinky+fierce wrote:Remember that thread when u talked about olive oil as a deep condish??!! Yes MA'm! I tried it lastnite (by accident) and it worked wonders!!!!!!!! I will for sure incorporate that into my regimen!

Its definitely something that I've been curious about, but Olive Oil is just so expensive. P i * J a y Icon_neutral As soon as I get some extra dough, I'm going to incorporate it into my regy.
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 19th November 2009, 10:44 pm

it is!!! Im bought some the other day & was like ."wait now" the great thing is that a little goes a long way......my bottle lasted me about 6months+! But cant wait to see how ur deep condish work bc im steady on the hunt for one....
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

P i * J a y Empty Week 4

Post by Pi*Jay 24th November 2009, 12:15 am

Happy Monday Everyone!!! P i * J a y Icon_cool

I kinda slacked off last week. Its getting down to the last couple weeks of school (crunch time!), and I have to make sure I have all my ducks in a row.

So my deep condish was a bust. I think I'm probably going to end up just buying some olive oil. On the flip side, my cut was a success. I'm not fully natural yet but it actually looks like I am. My hair is really thick and when I bantu knot it up, you cant tell I have permed ends. I'm sooo close to the goal that I can taste it.

Weekend Hair

P i * J a y Ht_01610

Its a bantu knot out with my new cut. (I'm also trying to get a feel for eyeshaw... not a big make up person, but I wanted to try something new.) My hair is getting there yall! I am soo happy... P i * J a y 678474
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 24th November 2009, 1:07 am

awww...too cute! u are just about ready to chop it off! And on the makeup thing if u have any questions give me a holla! (its my side hustle)
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 24th November 2009, 5:56 am

Pi*Jay wrote:Happy Monday Everyone!!! P i * J a y Icon_cool

I kinda slacked off last week. Its getting down to the last couple weeks of school (crunch time!), and I have to make sure I have all my ducks in a row.

So my deep condish was a bust. I think I'm probably going to end up just buying some olive oil. On the flip side, my cut was a success. I'm not fully natural yet but it actually looks like I am. My hair is really thick and when I bantu knot it up, you cant tell I have permed ends. I'm sooo close to the goal that I can taste it.

Weekend Hair

P i * J a y Ht_01610

Its a bantu knot out with my new cut. (I'm also trying to get a feel for eyeshaw... not a big make up person, but I wanted to try something new.) My hair is getting there yall! I am soo happy... P i * J a y 678474

Very cute!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th November 2009, 12:07 pm

Your bantu knot out is a great look! Lovin' it, work it mama P i * J a y Icon_cool .
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

P i * J a y Empty Coming Soon...

Post by Pi*Jay 11th December 2009, 1:06 pm

So.... Due to homework overload the past couple of weeks, I havent been up here...
So much to tell- WILL DO SOON.
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th December 2009, 12:52 am

can't wait for the update...love the hair!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 20th December 2009, 11:37 am

i'm loving your styles!!! looking forward to the updates...
Kea::curls
Kea::curls

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

P i * J a y Empty Product Rant!

Post by Pi*Jay 20th December 2009, 6:59 pm

Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream

P i * J a y Cantu-11

[Price: about 5 bucks]

Ingredients:
Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG 1 Trideceth 6, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Stearalkonium Chloride, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Panthenol, PPG 1 PEG 9 Lauryl Glycol Ether, Lanolin Oil, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride/Acrylamide Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Benzophenone 3, BHA, BHT, Zea Mays Oil (Corn), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Product Description:
Stops and mends hair breakage

• Leaves hair soft, shiny, and manageable
  • Formulated for severely damaged, dry, or coarse hair
Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream is an intensive deep penetrating leave in cream conditioning treatment that is made with pure shea butter and other natural oils to stop and mend breakage, repair split ends, and add manageability and shine with every application.
When used daily, Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream helps promote strong, long healthy hair.
Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream helps...

• stop and mend hair breakage
  • repair split ends and reduce frizz
  • protect hair from heat damage
  • hydrate and moisturize with shea butter and natural oils
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Thoughts:
Not buying it again. I've heard good things about the Cantu line so I had high hopes for it. I used it as a deep conditioner; left it in over night- It did not really do anything for my hair. It kind of just sat there. I used it as a styler- It did not really do anything exciting for my hair either. No noticeable difference. So basically its just sitting there... on the floor... collecting dust.
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum