CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is There A Big Sis Out There For Me ????

2 posters

Go down

Is There A Big Sis Out There For Me ???? Empty Is There A Big Sis Out There For Me ????

Post by earynnm 6th June 2010, 12:44 am

Im 15 and im a sophomore in high school. I went natural in december of 09 and i got my hair pressed for the first time in like 6 months in may. I went natural because i wanted to grow my hair out. Unfortunately due to self esteem issues i decided to use heat on my hair. I always thought that everyone was staring at me. But i've decided that what i want to do is be natural and thats what im going to do. Is there anyone out there willing to be my big sis?
earynnm
earynnm

Back to top Go down

Is There A Big Sis Out There For Me ???? Empty Re: Is There A Big Sis Out There For Me ????

Post by naturalchic 7th June 2010, 7:10 pm

Hello,

Im bot sure if i can be ur big sister since i new to dealing with my natural hair. I stopped perming my hair about 2 years ago, but i straightened or keep my hair braided. Mid last year i stopped flat ironing my hair when i was told that my curl pattern was being changed and my hair appeared like it was permed not curl at all ( a beautician i went to who deals with locs and natural only told me this) so i completely stopped flat ironing my hair the next problem was getting rid of the straightened ends so i transitioned again keeping my hair twisted and rolled the ends until i chopped off the straight ends......with that said some people say if you want to be able to straighten ur hair use a good heat protector.

oh yeah people are going to stare at you but just know they are looking at you cause they are not as bold as you, and are probably wondering what made you decide to be natural, or they secretly want to do it themselves. It takes a strong person to do it but it can be done.....

i know that on this site there is a section for curly teens you should check it out
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum