CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School Related Pet Peeves

+14
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Humblebug
Mz. CiCi
curlyempress
nikismiles
Curly_Star_19
TheBigBoyAssGayBoygboyg
xoxo
deeply_rooted_chick
Nessa101
Tinkie
jac.attack
ladykay6
Ebbz
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

School Related Pet Peeves Empty School Related Pet Peeves

Post by Ebbz 2nd June 2010, 7:53 pm

As teenagers, we all have moments in school that make us want to scream or possibly punch someone's lights out! List them here! lol

1. When someone slacks off instead of studying and asks me to give them the answers for a test. Didn't I just see you post pictures on Facebook of your fun night at the club???

2. When the hot water in my dorm goes out and I'm trying to take a shower for an 8 am class!

3. Classes with attendance policies. Now I have to estimate when I'll get sick before I can pick which day I'm going to sleep in and not go to class. Thanks alot. School Related Pet Peeves Icon_mad

4. People who are obnoxiously loud in the library.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

School Related Pet Peeves Empty Re: School Related Pet Peeves

Post by ladykay6 2nd June 2010, 8:06 pm

When in precalculus, there were only 2 black people and without fail, we were always the LAST to get our questions answered, no matter if we were the first to raise hands. I despise.... prejudice teachers.

I also hate when put into a group assignment with slackers and when it comes down to the grade, they get the same as you even when they did the smallest portion possible.
ladykay6
ladykay6

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 2nd June 2010, 8:56 pm

ladykay6 wrote:When in precalculus, there were only 2 black people and without fail, we were always the LAST to get our questions answered, no matter if we were the first to raise hands. I despise.... prejudice teachers.

I also hate when put into a group assignment with slackers and when it comes down to the grade, they get the same as you even when they did the smallest portion possible.

oh em gee School Related Pet Peeves Icon_eek I can relate to both of these. In high school I was in honors classes and at the max I had four black people in my class at one time. Of course, my teachers made that very obvious.

And i just don't like group assignments period. I feel like no one can get my work done better than I can and I'd hate to have to rely on someone else to get something done, especially when it could affect my grade!
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by ladykay6 2nd June 2010, 9:10 pm

precisely !! btw I love your new avatar !
ladykay6
ladykay6

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 2nd June 2010, 9:16 pm

thank you! I put those kinkys in about two weeks after my last relaxer because I was frustrated with my hair, but I didn't cut them so they were extremely long so they're out now. But I think I'll be putting them back in when the fall semster rolls around.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by jac.attack 2nd June 2010, 10:31 pm

I agree with all of those. I personally hate 89s and 99s. I always think "Would one little point really have killed you?"

And I also hate when people are disrespectful to subs. I don't know why I just always had this soft spot for them (lol) because I used to get this little old lady as a sub and she couldn't yell or scream to try and control us. I felt so bad for her. Sad

jac.attack

Back to top Go down

Post by ladykay6 2nd June 2010, 10:36 pm

awww i was that student that felt bad for the older ones ... but then we started getting old feisty ones ... and i no longer felt bad because they were mean ...
ladykay6
ladykay6

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkie 2nd June 2010, 11:11 pm

It annoys me when somebody asks me can they copy my hw ; like i just spent 1hr doing it and they want to copy it

Teachers that dont write neat on the board
Unorganized Teachers

Students that don't pay attention and makes the teacher repeat over and over and over

Students that complains all the time

omg i can go on and on for days lol and im in my freshmen yr of college smh
Tinkie
Tinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 2nd June 2010, 11:35 pm

Omg the college i'm in the shower curtains are wayyyy to small and it feels like people can look in.

Another one when you have to pee at 3am and theres a guy with his stuff fully hanging out in the GIRLS bathroom.

The attendence thing gets on my nerves too. One of my classes I swear she came up with it outta nowhere. She was like ok after three absences were taking points off your grade. I'm like whatt when were you planning on telling us this?

Oh and the people that go to the library with their friends during finals week aka hell week and sit there and talk and talk and talk. smh go study somewhere else!
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 3rd June 2010, 10:17 am

When someone calls me late to help them with math homework that is due in two hours! This is why I start days before especially if I dont know what I'm doing...why would I want to rush to do YOUR homework?
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by ladykay6 3rd June 2010, 10:40 am

Soooo true deeply rooted .... Smh
ladykay6
ladykay6

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 3rd June 2010, 1:58 pm

I hate when people ASSUME that because we're cool and I've known them for a long time that I will do my work and let them copy. They don't ask...they just act like they already know its going to happen. Ok! Wait on me to pass you that paper if you want to. lol

I hate drunk ppl in the halls late at night and lazy RA's that don't enforce quiet hours.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by ladykay6 3rd June 2010, 4:18 pm

I hate when people congregate in the halls inbetween classes and just stand in the middle of the hallway leavin room for 1 person on either side... ughhh MOVE ALREADY !

When students go up the stairs DRASTICALLY slow and have the audacity to walk in a line so that no one can pass ...
ladykay6
ladykay6

Back to top Go down

Post by xoxo 3rd June 2010, 7:44 pm

- people who ask questions throughout the whole class when the teacher gave an hr long explanation before they asked

- pregnant students ... sorry but if your over 6 months, you should just stay home

- lecture classes School Related Pet Peeves Kopfschuettel
xoxo
xoxo

http://www.longlivehair.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBigBoyAssGayBoygboyg 3rd June 2010, 7:54 pm

napREALness wrote:- people who ask questions throughout the whole class when the teacher gave an hr long explanation before they asked

- pregnant students ... sorry but if your over 6 months, you should just stay home

- lecture classes School Related Pet Peeves Kopfschuettel
go touch your gay mother you gay little lizzard you dick pants slopy dodo
TheBigBoyAssGayBoygboyg
TheBigBoyAssGayBoygboyg

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Star_19 3rd June 2010, 8:03 pm

Students who sit in my night class and huff and puff the entire time of instruction about how ready to go they are...if you wanna leave, LEAVE no sense in sitting here annoying people.
Curly_Star_19
Curly_Star_19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 4th June 2010, 3:32 pm

Curly_Star_19 wrote:Students who sit in my night class and huff and puff the entire time of instruction about how ready to go they are...if you wanna leave, LEAVE no sense in sitting here annoying people.

I go through the same thing in my night classes. Most of them are adults who have taken night classes before, so they already know how long the class is, yet they insist on getting out early every night! But when the test rolls around "Oh lord, child I ain't ready!"
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by nikismiles 8th June 2010, 11:38 am

BAMNcurls wrote:I agree with all of those. I personally hate 89s and 99s. I always think "Would one little point really have killed you?"

And I also hate when people are disrespectful to subs. I don't know why I just always had this soft spot for them (lol) because I used to get this little old lady as a sub and she couldn't yell or scream to try and control us. I felt so bad for her. Sad
+1!

• i hate students that try to 'show just how big and bad they are' by being rude and mean towards me just because i'm little and i apparently have this 'naive' look to me. uh no! i can be just as rude so don't get me started! lol i will stand up for my self!
  • i hate hate hate it when we are doing an assignment based on a video we all just watched together as a class and my paper gets passed around because no one was paying attention. UGH WE ARE WATCHING THE SAME VIDEO HOW DID YOU NOT GET ALL OF THOSE ANSWERS???
  • ...i also hate it when the same person asks you for the hw/cw all of the time. i don't mind letting you see my assignment, but can you do your assignment just once?...or ask someone else for a change?
  • i hate teachers that are disrespectful to student and feel that just
    because they're teachers they can be condescending
    towards you or give you attitude.
I hate when people ASSUME that because we're cool and I've known them
for a long time that I will do my work and let them copy. They don't
ask...they just act like they already know its going to happen. Ok! Wait
on me to pass you that paper if you want to. lol

i hate people who you barely know do this just because i've allowed them to copy before SMH can you just ask first lol

woo wow i have a lot of pet peeves but 1) people in school aggravate me and 2) i have no one to rant to about this stuff that will understand where i'm coming from (besides my best friend)

nikismiles

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyempress 9th August 2010, 4:51 pm

I hate when students chuck it up and fool around the whole class period and think they're quiet when they're really loud.

I hate when people are up past quiet hours on the weekdays, running through the halls all loud and acting like idiots.

I hate when girls are dirty: go to bathroom and don't use soap to wash hands, or don't wash their hands at all. Leaving the toilets in a horrible condition, and not flushing, uggh that's disgusting.

I hate when teachers are just disrespectful.

I hate boring teachers. Omg I paid to come to school to get an education, not to fall asleep. lol
curlyempress
curlyempress

http://www.sbnsexyblacknatural.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. CiCi 10th August 2010, 11:56 am

I hate going out and all the natural girls are E. Badu....seriously? Can't I be India.Arie or something?
I hate most dorm life b/c I don't deal well w/ too many females (I have WAYYYYYYY too many male cousins) at one time especially since some of the more immature ones think it's fun to knock on your door at 6 am and run away.
Group work= the devil
Teachers who think they know everything and know NOTHING
Teachers who teach slavery was ok and that African Americans need relaxers
Stats (math)= Satan's child. Seriously, avoid at all costs.
Mz. CiCi
Mz. CiCi

http://lesisworld.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Humblebug 11th August 2010, 1:09 am

nikismiles wrote:

• i hate students that try to 'show just how big and bad they are' by being rude and mean towards me just because i'm little and i apparently have this 'naive' look to me. uh no! i can be just as rude so don't get me started! lol i will stand up for my self!

THIS! I'm actually bitchy with an innocent face, haha. Use it to your advantage!

I hate hate hate group work. I become the devil because everything has to be perfect. there was a slacker in my group who didn't do jack, yeah he got zilch.

People who are taking course because of their parents, but really shouldn't be taking it. At least one every year in the science courses. You need to learn to stand up, and stop failing.

...almost everything already mentioned in this thread, I'll jsut leave it at that.
Humblebug
Humblebug

Back to top Go down

Post by SCRUG_A_LICIOUS 13th August 2010, 9:10 pm

I have to totally agree with Mz. CeCe! Except ppl always call me Macy Gray or beyonce from gold member.

My Pet Peeve is when black colleges have physical standards for activities (such as dance teams or sororities) that include making your hair striaght or adding weave to create this "look". It makes it hard for natural women to be apart of those things.
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. CiCi 13th August 2010, 9:55 pm

Scrug_a_licious it's not just black schools. It's anything predominantly black. I quit the dance time just because of that.
Mz. CiCi
Mz. CiCi

http://lesisworld.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 00taytay00 18th March 2011, 9:23 pm

I know I'm only in high school, But i hate.
1. The extremely smart kids that absolutely HAVE to answer every single question.
2. The teachers pet that's always asking if they can pass out the graded work only so they can see everyone's grade and make fun of them
3. the kid that cheats/sleeps/comes in late all the time and still manages to get a higher grade than me
00taytay00
00taytay00

http://bourgeois2012.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzy_Naturally 18th March 2011, 11:27 pm

Mostly everyone on this page listed my pet peeves ( and trust me it's a long list) Wink
Jazzy_Naturally
Jazzy_Naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next