CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allow Me to Reintroduce Myself

+41
BumbleBee91
aliyakeys
NappilyNatural
jamaican.beauty
Ravie11
MangoSupaSonic
rayray19
Bree.Bae.
lumii
songbird
NFW_THA_QUEEN13
lovelyloved789
kanishanashay
c. janae
EshaQ
NaturallyBriaful
Mz. CiCi
jessimae
amyleia
krissyc39
nikismiles
BornAgainCurlz
afrochic
xoxo
Lynnieluve
ceaux
curlista
jac.attack
Tinkie
Nessa101
iri9109
ladykay6
earynnm
deeply_rooted_chick
zanajh
jadore04
RookieSeabrooks
Karyn
4evatete
Ebbz
Cherry: extraordinary!
45 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Allow Me to Reintroduce Myself - Page 3 Empty Re: Allow Me to Reintroduce Myself

Post by Ebbz 19th June 2010, 2:14 am

Welcome ladies!

EshaQ, what's your major?
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Allow Me to Reintroduce Myself - Page 3 Empty Re: Allow Me to Reintroduce Myself

Post by EshaQ 19th June 2010, 11:33 am

Thanks Ebbz,

I am a Psychology major, formerly a Bio major lol. I'm also considering double minoring in Spanish and African American studies but I haven't declared those yet.
EshaQ
EshaQ

Back to top Go down

Post by EshaQ 19th June 2010, 11:35 am

@Krissyc39
What do you plan on majoring in at UNC?
EshaQ
EshaQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 19th June 2010, 2:00 pm

EshaQ wrote:Thanks Ebbz,

I am a Psychology major, formerly a Bio major lol. I'm also considering double minoring in Spanish and African American studies but I haven't declared those yet.

oh ok. I'm a social work major. I wanted to minor in African American studies, but I'm scared that I won't have the time to complete the classes for the minor and the classes for my major. I go to a liberal arts college, so we have about 45 hours of classes that we MUST complete in different subject areas, plus the classes required for our majors.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by EshaQ 19th June 2010, 5:53 pm

Yea we have a long list of general ed requirements to complete too, but I try to find courses that fulfill multiple requirements. I won't actually start taking psych and afam courses until the fall. Im not sure what I wanna get into career wise though, lol.
EshaQ
EshaQ

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 20th June 2010, 10:17 pm

EshaQ wrote:@Krissyc39

I'm going into Nutrition with either music or business on the side. Who knows I might just be a double minor Smile
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by EshaQ 20th June 2010, 10:46 pm

krissyc39 wrote:

I'm going into Nutrition with either music or business on the side. Who knows I might just be a double minor Smile

That's cool. A lot of people go into business up here, I hate all things math so that's a no go for me lol! Have you been to CTOPS yet?
EshaQ
EshaQ

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 20th June 2010, 11:48 pm

EshaQ wrote:
krissyc39 wrote:

That's cool. A lot of people go into business up here, I hate all things math so that's a no go for me lol! Have you been to CTOPS yet?

nope I'm going July 19-20 a few days after I come back from Jamaica
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by c. janae 21st June 2010, 2:58 am

Where are you from? Northern Cali
How long you've been natural? The end of June will mark 18 mos. or a year and a half! Wow! Time flies!
Fav products? AfroVeda Shea Amla Whipped Buttercream, Coconut oil, Suave Professionals Shea & Almond Conditioner
Fav style? Twist out, mini twists
Hair type? Mostly 4a with some 3c curls in the back
Any hair goals? Dec 2010 - past collarbone, long term - BSL
c. janae
c. janae

https://www.youtube.com/cjanaew

Back to top Go down

Post by c. janae 21st June 2010, 3:00 am

I go to school in the Bay Area and I'm double majoring in International Studies and Sociology. I'm minoring in African Studies. I will be starting my second year this fall! Can't wait!
c. janae
c. janae

Back to top Go down

Post by EshaQ 21st June 2010, 10:42 am

@Krissyc39
Jamaica sounds like tons of fun! I'm a little envious of the CTOPers having fun out here while Im studying for class and stuff lol

@c.janae
Your major sounds like fun. I've been trying to take an African studies class since I got to college but they all fill up so fast! What do you plan on doing after college?
EshaQ
EshaQ

Back to top Go down

Post by c. janae 21st June 2010, 2:40 pm

@EshaQ Yeah so far I've only taken an introductory sociology class and I loved it. I will start taking more classes for my major this fall, so we'll see. I'm excited. I'm not exactly sure about what I want to do with my degree after college. I'm pretty much open to anything. I'm interested in doing nonprofit work, but I'm also interested in politics and the government. I would like to work locally as well as internationally, specifically in Africa. I'm trying to go on a service learning trip to Tanzania next summer or the summer after that. Fingers crossed!
c. janae
c. janae

Back to top Go down

Post by kanishanashay 21st July 2010, 5:22 pm

Heys! I'm Kanisha Very Happy I'm 19.

Where are you from?: Born in Texas, but I stay/go to school in Augusta, GA.
How long you've been natural? (or how long have you been transitioning?): I transitioned for 6 months and I've been natural since June 6, 2010! (A month and a half?)
Fav products?: Giovanni Smooth As Silk Shampoo/Conditioner, Shea Butter, Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner, the entire Organix line.
Fav style?: Twist outs! But right now my hair's in Senegalese twists.
Hair type?: 4a
Any hair goals?: Shoulder length June 2011, APL June 2012.
kanishanashay
kanishanashay

https://www.youtube.com/KPlocochick

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelyloved789 1st August 2010, 6:48 pm

Where are you from?: Prefer not to answer. But I'm from the U.S.
How long you've been natural? (or how long have you been transitioning?): I've been transitioning for 7 mos. today. Smile
Fav products?: Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Deep Moisture Conditioner, Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo, Shea Moisture, Shea Butter, jojoba oil, veggie glycerin. Still figuring out the right products for me. I wanna try more essential oils, coconut, and castor oil.
Fav style?: Idk yet. Tried a twist out/braidout a long time ago and thought it looked horrible, b/c my relaxed ends were not rly cooperating. But I didn't know as much as I know now about making them look right. So I rly wanna try them again, when I take my braids out (also protective styles, buns, two strand twists, etc). I've been wearing braids and weaves with breaks in between.
Hair type?: 4b/c, I think.
Any hair goals?: Healthy, growing hair rly. Smile

lovelyloved789

Back to top Go down

Post by NFW_THA_QUEEN13 2nd August 2010, 11:52 pm

~Where you live
~How long you've been transitioning
~Favorite Products
~Favorite Styles
~Hair Types
~Hair Goals

1. Alabama
2. 1 Year since August 1st
3. Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Conditioning Cream and ORS Olive Oil Products
4. Twistouts/Bantu knots (protective styles)
5. 3c hair
6. To grow my hair to APL and then BSL. Currently SL.
NFW_THA_QUEEN13
NFW_THA_QUEEN13

Back to top Go down

Post by songbird 3rd August 2010, 2:12 am

Hello I'm KC. Allow Me to Reintroduce Myself - Page 3 Icon_smile

Where are you from?: Born and raised in NYC, living in South Florida now.
How long you've been natural? (or how long have you been transitioning?): Tomorrow will mark the fifth month of my transition.
Fav products?: Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle, Yes To Carrots conditioner, extra virgin olive oil, mango scented shea butter.
Fav style?: I had a short cut prior to starting my transition, so I basically can't do much with my hair. I just flat twist the front of my hair at night, unravel in the morning, throw on a half wig and go.
Hair Type?: a weird hybrid of 4a and 4b, with a very small patch in the back that is seriously something like 2a.
Any hair goals?: huge, luscious hair. i want to surpass the longest my hair has ever been when it was relaxed.

I go to the University of South Florida and my major is early childhood education. I love little kiddies! Allow Me to Reintroduce Myself - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
songbird
songbird

Back to top Go down

Post by lumii 3rd August 2010, 7:38 am

Where are you from?: Nigeria but living in Germany!

How long have you been natural/transitioning?: Actually my whole life with some exceptions.. but the last 4 years have been without chemicals

Fav products:
Bee Mine line, EVOO, Jessicurl conditioner

Fav Style: Twists, braids & braid outs

Hair Type: 4b..xyz

Any Hair Goals: A Big Beautiful Afro!! and finally grow my hair out to about 12"
lumii
lumii

Back to top Go down

Post by Bree.Bae. 3rd August 2010, 4:39 pm

Where are you from?: Philadelphia, PA
How long you've been natural?:9 months
Fav products?: Suave and cantu shea butter
Fav style?: wash n go
Hair type?: 3c
Any hair goals?: Healthy Hair
Bree.Bae.
Bree.Bae.

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 3rd August 2010, 9:19 pm

Where are you from?: Charleston SC but I go to school in Florence SC

How long have you been natural?: 2 DAYS!!! I just did my BC 2 days ago (Aug 2 2010 is my BC date)

Fav products?: Giovanni Direct leave in annd olive oil eco styler gel oh and WATER!!! oh yea and Castor oil

Fav style: Wash n Gos..well that's all i can do at the moment with my twa

hair type:
hmmmm im going to say 4a

Any hair goals: not really I just want beatiful healthy natural hair!! Allow Me to Reintroduce Myself - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by MangoSupaSonic 20th October 2010, 11:36 am

Where are you from?: Mississippi. I've lived in other states, but my family found their way back!
How long you've been natural? 3 or 4 years possibly?
Fav products?: Suave, TCB, pretty much anything lying around the house
Fav style?:Wash and go, co-wash, deep conditioning
Hair type?: I have no idea lulz
Any hair goals?: a giant head of curly 'fro
MangoSupaSonic
MangoSupaSonic

http://twitter.com/MangoSupaSonic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravie11 25th October 2010, 6:44 pm

Where are you from?: Born and Raised in Mississippi (all my country girls stand up!!!! lol)
How long you've been natural? (or how long have you been transitioning?): Transitioning for about 6 months
Fav products?: Wen moisturizing mask, Hello Hydration, Eco Stying Gel
style?: Braid outs and/or twist outs
Hair type?: 4a/b I think
Any hair goals?: a big curly afro (the kind that upsets people when they have to sit behind you)
Ravie11
Ravie11

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaican.beauty 11th March 2011, 11:19 am

Where are you from?: Jamaica
How long you've been natural?
(or how long have you been transitioning?): today makes 3 Months Smile
Fav products?: Creme of Nature, Herbal Essence,Garnier
Fav style?: Ponytail / wash and go
Hair type?: Im not sure lol
Any hair goals: to have healthy hair , grow until bsl Smile
jamaican.beauty
jamaican.beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by NappilyNatural 11th March 2011, 10:43 pm

Where are you from?: Bahamas, New Providence
How long you've been natural?: 5 months post relaxer Smile
Fav products?: HE Hello Hydration, EVOO, Aloe, Cantu Shea Butter, Milk&Protein Olive oil Daily Growth Lotion (smells soooo good :$)
Fav style?: Bantu Knot outs, Braid-outs, rope twists with weave, curls, cornrow mohawks, afro kinky twists.
Hair type?: Idk yet Sad but from the feel of my hair when it is out, its thick so 4a?
Any hair goals?: LONG HEALTHY HAIR Very Happy hmmmm that'll be the day Very Happy
NappilyNatural
NappilyNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by aliyakeys 12th March 2011, 9:19 pm

Where are you from? Roseville, California(pres de Sacramento)
How long have you been natural? All my Life! afro
Favorite Products? Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion and Africa's Best Herbal Oil. dance
Favorite Style: Dukey Braids(similar to Singles), Cornrows and an Afro
Hair Type? Afro textured. Not really much curl definition.
Any hair goals? The fullest, richest, thickest head of hair a woman of color can obtain! run
God Bless,
aliyakeys
~None are so blind as those who will not see.
aliyakeys
aliyakeys

https://www.youtube.com/user/ikimonogakari2?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by BumbleBee91 18th March 2011, 11:46 pm

Hi guys! This is my 1st post...I been e-stalking this site for a little while and finally found the guts to register officially. I figured that it was about time I talked to other young fly curlies and hopefully make friends and get some cool tips! ^__^

Where are you from? Bronx, Ny
How long have you been natural? Urrrmmmm *looks at watch* I wanna say its been almost 3 yrs...lol really hadn't been keeping track so I'll round up to 3 Smile
Favorite Products? Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Pak Deep Penetrating conditioner, HE Long term relationship, Raw Shea butter
Favorite Style: I dont really have one yet...I like to do a lot of different things but I've gotten the most compliments with a braided mohawk w/ pin rolls, so I guess that wins!
Hair Type? majority 4a
Any hair goals? I LOOOOOOVE HUGE HAIR!! The bigger the better...also to continue to learn my hair and just overall health
BumbleBee91
BumbleBee91

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next