CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to CN...Anyone need a Lil' Sis?

2 posters

Go down

New to CN...Anyone need a Lil' Sis? Empty New to CN...Anyone need a Lil' Sis?

Post by LoVe.Peace.CurLs 1st June 2010, 4:01 pm

Hi Ladies...
I'm new to CN, and I'm in love with this website! I've been reading posts and forums and blogs for like hours straight...
Here's my story: My natural hair is pretty thick and coarse. I'm 21 and my hair was relaxed from age 5 up to age 20, when I decided to re-evaluate my hair. I've never been gutsy enough for the BC, but I haven't had a relaxer since May 2009. I have about an inch, maybe less, of relaxed ends left. Since I stopped getting relaxers, I've done the only thing I know to my hair: roller sets. They last me about 5 days at a time with Motions foam wrap/set lotion, and the curliness disguises my line of demarcation. I don't know any other naturals {in person} so I've basically been doing this all on my lonesome and I'd appreciate any advice any of you have to offer. Actually, I've learned a lot already and I haven't even made a dent in reading through the forums yet.

--GiGi
LoVe.Peace.CurLs
LoVe.Peace.CurLs

http://aintshewavee.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

New to CN...Anyone need a Lil' Sis? Empty Re: New to CN...Anyone need a Lil' Sis?

Post by nattyblog 2nd June 2010, 12:32 pm

Wow! Congrats on your first year perm free!

I haven't been on cn long either. But I've been natural for years. If I can help at all, let me know.

Btw, have you tried braid outs? They're great. You can do them yourself as well.
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

New to CN...Anyone need a Lil' Sis? Empty Re: New to CN...Anyone need a Lil' Sis?

Post by LoVe.Peace.CurLs 2nd June 2010, 1:12 pm

Thank you! I appreciate it! And I have never tried braid outs, I tried a twist out but I didn't like it, I didn't know at the time that I should roll the ends, so since my ends are still a tiny bit relaxed, my hair was looking slightly crazy! Lol. So since joining CN I've gone out and bought some new goodies for my hair, just to find out what else works...and I plan to try another TnC today.
I'll keep you posted!!
LoVe.Peace.CurLs
LoVe.Peace.CurLs

http://aintshewavee.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 2nd June 2010, 6:51 pm

Good for you! Looks like you are on a roll already! Again, a whole year on your own just trying stuff is nothing to sneeze at!

As for twist-outs, after you snip the relaxed ends off, you won't necessarily have to curl the ends. The ends will curl on theor own or with the help of some water/moisturizer. At that point, it would depend on what you'd want to achieve. I think without rolling looks straight natural and with the rolling it's still natural, but a little more polished. But, no real need to rush on that whole chopping thing in my opinion. I think you could let those relaxed ends take the beating of the daily styling a while longer. Why not? As long as they are not splitting (or worse, splitting up to your natural hair), and if you can be patient with dealing with two textures, just keep nourishing your hair. Then, when you're ready, chop the relaxed ends off and say hello to some healthy natural ends!

Btw, in my experience, twist-outs are more spirally while braid-outs are more crimpy. Depending on what kind of curls you want you can alternate the two.

Great! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to see your styles!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum