CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with transitioning hair loss

2 posters

Go down

Help with transitioning hair loss Empty Help with transitioning hair loss

Post by makeupvixen 12th November 2009, 3:29 pm

I have been going natural since 9-9-09. I have not had a perm since 2003. I had a baby last year and I wore braids throughout the pregnancy. I was on Prozac for post partum but now winging myself off.

Now I have a regimen but sometimes I lose a big chunk of hair, breakage, but not at the root.

No shampooing.
Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse only twice a month.

Condition (No-poo) with any of these:
Alfaffia Shea and Honey
Alfaffia Shea and Virgin Coconut
Organix Shea Butter Conditioner
Redken Softner Conditioner
Aussie Moist Conditioner

I don't leave any of those in my hair, just a few minutes and rinse out.

Leave-Ins
Carol's Dauther Black Vanilla Smoothie
or
Alfaffia Shea conditioner

Creams to comb in to prevent frizz:
Raw Unrefinded Shea Butter
Avacado Butter
Pure Coconut Oil
Jamacian Black Castor Oil
MyHoneyChild Honey Cream

I use the Shea butter every other day as a pomade or Jamaican Black Hair Growing Pomade. I use the Coconut oil nightly. Others I use as needed as the weather changes.

If I spray anything on my hair its:
Ojon Revitalizing Mist
or
Vegetable Glycerin with Rose Water mixed together

I condition my hair 3 times a week.

I use a microfiber to dry my hair.

I twist n curl my hair (5 sections)

Now I notice in the shower and in the sink some massive hair loss but I don't know where it's coming from. I don't comb my hair or brush it, only run my fingers through it. I don't want to be rough with my hiar so I just use my fingers. I don't really put any stress on my hair, no buns. Sometimes I put my hair in a lose ponytail maybe 2 times a month depending on the weather. I have no idea on why my hair is breaking off in chunks, not at the roots. I get my locks now in my hand curled around my fingers. Not a few strands, like large locks of hair. Any suggestions, recommendations, and help is greatly appreciated.

Oh and I drink water and take multi-vitamins daily.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Help with transitioning hair loss Empty Re: Help with transitioning hair loss

Post by ashollan 12th November 2009, 5:26 pm

It sounds like you have a good reggie and maybe you should add some protein 1x a month to increase the strenghth in your hair. My aunt lost some of her hair when she was on Prozac so maybe it is the medicine. Maybe your body is still getting adjusted to not having prozac in your system and also with having a baby...sometimes it takes about a year after birth for your body to get adjusted. I wish I could be of more help.
ashollan
ashollan

Back to top Go down