CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suave Professionals Almond and Shea Butter

+6
krissyc39
pinktamitha64
priceless
kevynnew
aprilj90
10 posters

Go down

Suave Professionals Almond and Shea Butter Empty Suave Professionals Almond and Shea Butter

Post by aprilj90 24th May 2010, 11:05 pm

So I was all kinds of excited because I saw this conditioner and it was on sale!! haha so I bought it, tried it as a leave in, and the next day I had white flakes in my hair which was not cool because I had 2 job interviews today!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Of course I'm gonna try it again, but did it have this same effect for any of you?
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Suave Professionals Almond and Shea Butter Empty Re: Suave Professionals Almond and Shea Butter

Post by kevynnew 25th May 2010, 2:03 am

i just bought that conditioner this past weekend, i have not used it as a leave-in but i do co-wash with it and i love it. it has great slip for me and my hair is really soft after.
kevynnew
kevynnew

Back to top Go down

Suave Professionals Almond and Shea Butter Empty Re: Suave Professionals Almond and Shea Butter

Post by priceless 25th May 2010, 3:08 am

jus purchased it from walmart and I have not tried it yet
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilj90 25th May 2010, 10:43 am

I don't really think I noticed anything different with it...but I'm using it again today, hopefully with better results
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Post by pinktamitha64 25th May 2010, 8:31 pm

well i got that conditioner and since i have so much relaxed ends it didn't do anything for my hair... but im still gonna keep it for a co-wash. i will say it smells sooooo good and its thick. maybe ill wait till i have some good amount of hair growth to see what it can possibly do Smile
pinktamitha64
pinktamitha64

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilj90 27th May 2010, 2:33 pm

Most of my hair is still relaxed ends also, so I won't give up...yet lol
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Post by pinktamitha64 27th May 2010, 7:55 pm

how long have you been transitioning aprilj90? Im in almost now 4 mths and my roots are so course and dry its hard for me to even get the conditioner to where its needed... my roots! Shocked
pinktamitha64
pinktamitha64

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilj90 28th May 2010, 12:41 pm

5 1/2 months. My roots are very dry too. I'm not quite sure but it seems like olive oil makes them drier...
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Post by ... 28th May 2010, 3:33 pm

aprilj90 wrote:5 1/2 months. My roots are very dry too. I'm not quite sure but it seems like olive oil makes them drier...

Are you wetting your hair before you put on the olive oil? Remember, oils and butters do not moisturize and aren't moisturizers. They're nourishing and many are emollients, which means they soften the hair, but soft hair does not equal moisturized hair. Only water (and water-based products) can truly moisturize, and we use oils/butters to seal in the moisture and help soften the hair even further.

And if your hair just doesn't like olive oil, then try extra virgin coconut oil or cold-pressed castor oil. Coconut oil is lightweight and is one of the most penetrating oils, so it might help nourish your hair more than the olive oil (but it still doesn't classify as a moisturizer), and castor oil is a humectant (or at least has humectant properties), so it will attract more water to your hair, along with softening your hair with its emollience.

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilj90 28th May 2010, 4:57 pm

I only use olive oil when my hair is wet to seal the ends, mostly when I'm doing twists for a twist out. But after the twist out, my hair seems really dry.
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 11th June 2010, 2:48 am

aprilj90 wrote:I only use olive oil when my hair is wet to seal the ends, mostly when I'm doing twists for a twist out. But after the twist out, my hair seems really dry.

Maybe you should try shea butter. I find that it makes my hair way softer than when I used olive oil alone which is probably because it's such a heavy butter. I just started using it and now my natural roots are softer than my texturized ends O.o
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by justicenga 12th June 2010, 5:43 pm

OMG I LOVE this conditioner. I use it to cowash and it leaves my hair super soft. It has SUPER SLIP. My denman just glides through.
justicenga
justicenga

Back to top Go down

Post by FreshNsweeT 21st June 2010, 3:48 pm

i got some a week ago. I like it! i added almond oil to mines and use it as my cheapie cowash product [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

FreshNsweeT

Back to top Go down

Post by BreezyBaby 24th July 2010, 1:02 am

For me, this conditioner feels great when my hair is wet, but when it's dry it feels really dry
BreezyBaby
BreezyBaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Nu* 16th August 2010, 4:22 pm

I just got this this past weekend and tried it as a leave-in on dry hair and I guess I liked it...nothing major. I'm thinkin it'll work well for co-washes though. Smells yummy!
Naturally Nu*
Naturally Nu*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down