CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N Need of a Big Sis Plse Help

3 posters

Go down

N Need of a Big Sis Plse Help Empty N Need of a Big Sis Plse Help

Post by Sebastain13 22nd May 2010, 10:27 pm

Hello Ladies

I jus did my BC May 2010 & I am asking for some help

I feel like that I am expericing some dryness I really do not have a routine down yet but I have been washing once wkly & hav cowashed 2-3x other than that nothing else

Do not want 2 b a PJ bcause cannot afford it right now but would luv to find something that I can at least cowash 2-3x wkly & use a deep conditioner wkly, etc I hav some thin edges but I always hav & would like to get them to grow as well as my hair

My daughter is natural & has been helping me wit some of my questions & has made me some concoctions but 2 me they did not work

If anyone is out there that can help me & answer my questions plse feel free 2 send me an email I would luv 2 hear from u

Sebastain13 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

N Need of a Big Sis Plse Help Empty Re: N Need of a Big Sis Plse Help

Post by LittleOne 6th July 2010, 5:49 pm

Any luck yet? I did not see a leave-in in your current routine. Shea butter and natural oils can make great leave-ins but it can be hard to make sure you don't use too much or too little. Castor Oil and Shea Butter are great for softness.

I get the best softness with a Pantene Deep Conditioner. It's cheap and makes my hair feel amazing, so I feel like I have to tell the world! A lot of their conditioners have similar formulas, but try the Pantene Curly Hair Series Deep Moisturizing Treatment.

You probably already found a good co wash conditioner, Suave & Alberto VO5 are popular.

Also, if you have hard water, you must get a shampoo with a good formula for your once weekly washes. It's amazing what a difference it can make, especially if you feel like nothing else is working. Again, Pantene is a good choice. You can also try the Infusium 23 shampoo. I'm sure there are plenty of others, but those are the cheap ones that I know have the right ingredients. Good Luck! Feel free to email me at hairliberty@gmail.com.
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by MsAnkh 7th July 2010, 11:09 am

I agree with LittleOne. I also didnt see a daily moisturizer in your routine. You have to continuely mositurize your hair. You can make them yourself or buy something cheap from the store. When I first bc'd i loved Cantu Shea Butter and now I use Curls product they can be found in Target and are pretty cheap. But the main thing is to not get discouraged. Remember its going to take time to learn what your hair likes and doesnt like. Its a process but I believe you can do because you chose to BC. A great conditioner and moisturizer will help. And you dont have to turn into a product junkie. Try some of those concoctions your daughter made it may be just what you need but remember it wont be a quick fix. You have to give it time. Good luck and feel free to continue to ask questions. The natural community is quite large and I have found these women to be extremely helpful. Im going to leave my email as well if you need any more help or even encouraging words: Rea984@yahoo.com.
MsAnkh
MsAnkh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum