CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Almost in tears! IN NEED OF BIG SIS!

2 posters

Go down

Almost in tears! IN NEED OF BIG SIS! Empty Almost in tears! IN NEED OF BIG SIS!

Post by LoveBird 18th May 2010, 5:08 pm

I am in serious need of Big Sis!!!! i just washed my hair & noticed that my front edge on the right side seems to be thinning and its completely stressing me out and i'm almost in tears. HELP PLEASE!!!

LoveBird

Back to top Go down

Almost in tears! IN NEED OF BIG SIS! Empty Re: Almost in tears! IN NEED OF BIG SIS!

Post by Vee 18th May 2010, 5:44 pm

Hey LoveBird!!

I'm not sure if I qaulify as a big sis...I am still transitioning (going on 13 mths) but I am more than willing to help. I had a similar problem when I began rocking braid-outs and bantu-knot outs. If the desired style didn't turn out right I pulled my hair back in a ponytail/bun. I think my styling methods were to stressful for my edges...and I had NEVER experienced thinning around my edges in the past so of course I started to freak. I'm not sure if your situation is similar, if so try not to put as much stress on your edges. I no longer do super tight braids or bantu knots. I also don't wear as many ponytails and when I do I don't make them super tight.

Also consider this, have you tried any new products and techniques? If so, I would suggest stopping for a while to see if that is the problem. Also remember that stress can cause hair loss too, so try not to stress yourself out too much...I know it can be hard though.

I hope this helps!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Vee
Vee

Back to top Go down