CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a Big Sis!

2 posters

Go down

Looking for a Big Sis! Empty Looking for a Big Sis!

Post by GeminiNaps 15th May 2010, 11:34 am

I've been transitioning for a year, but mostly under braids and sew-ins. So now I'm finally embracing my hair and trying to develop a routine. I still have about an inch to a little bit more of relaxed ends left. But would love someone to help me figure out a good process! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
GeminiNaps
GeminiNaps

Back to top Go down

Looking for a Big Sis! Empty Re: Looking for a Big Sis!

Post by coilykinks 15th May 2010, 9:51 pm

Hello! I have been natural for a over a year now and I can try to help you. Are you having any specific issues or you want info on what products to use?
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by GeminiNaps 15th May 2010, 10:19 pm

Thanks coilykinks! Yes I'm definitely having a moisture issue--with hair being very dry about the second day after my twistout. But just yesterday I purchased Bee Mine's moisturizing cream so hopefully when that comes in it will help.

Do you have any products that you use that help with moisture?
GeminiNaps
GeminiNaps

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 15th May 2010, 10:35 pm

Well, for my co-wash I use Aussie Moist Conditioner and thats really good. I have gotten it from Walmart & CVS. I usually use a shea butter mixture to twist my hair and I leave the twists up as long as I can and do a twist out for a couple of days. I have a homemade spritz I use with water, my favorite conditioner, glycerin, jojoba oil, extra virgin olive oil, and coconut oil. I spray that on my twists as needed and my twistout.

I have not tried the Bee Mine products, but please let me know if it works for you. This site is full of info for naturals and transitioners so please read anything that you feel may help you-because it has truly helped me.

Are you locking in the moisture and sealing your ends?
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by GeminiNaps 15th May 2010, 10:49 pm

Thanks so much. And no I wasn't sealing before, but after reading some comments yesterday I did seal earlier today when I washed my hair, so maybe that could have been an issue as well.

But I'll definitely let you know how the Been Mine works when I get it in.
GeminiNaps
GeminiNaps

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 16th May 2010, 12:02 am

ok-also be sure to use water based conditioners and stay away from mineral oil and petrolatum. After your condish add oil to your hair in small sections to lock the moisture in your hair. And you can do this nightly,

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by GeminiNaps 16th May 2010, 12:23 am

Thanks so much. I've definitely been making sure to read the labels on products, although some of my products have cones in them. However, I have been mindful to stay away from petrolatum and mineral oil. I was also going to do a search and see what some of the hidden ingredient names are used for petrolatum and mineral oil--I read somewhere before that some names are substituted for them.

I'll let you know if I have more questions.
GeminiNaps
GeminiNaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum