CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Curly with curls as pretty as cotton candy!

+10
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
sweetdrk1
DvaAuNaturel
Juices-n-Berries
poeticlyspkng
KinkyNappyHappy
ktoliver5303
NylaCoils
Muz
HappyCurly
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Happy Curly with curls as pretty as cotton candy! - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Curly with curls as pretty as cotton candy!

Post by NubieNatty 22nd May 2010, 12:21 pm

WELCOME!!! i wanted to donate my hair after high school, i think i still have the ponytail (creepy) but i think back then they didnt except hair that had dye!

i use peppermint, tea tree n eucalyptus in w/my oil spritz...i add about 2-3 drops of each to an 8 oz bottle!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Happy Curly with curls as pretty as cotton candy! - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Curly with curls as pretty as cotton candy!

Post by HappyCurly 22nd May 2010, 4:46 pm

do you just guess how much EO to add?

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 22nd May 2010, 4:47 pm

LOLOL I didn't read the latest post before i typed that!

thanks all!

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 23rd May 2010, 10:47 pm

so i washed my hair, sealed with jojoba oil on scalp and new growth. i didn't add an EO yet b/c i wanted to know what jojo oil would do alone

usually natural hair soaked up oil while relaxed didn't...with jojo oil both hairs seemed to soak up some but leave some oil on top. this is a better seal. less itchies already, so maybe no EO needed.

realized co washing isn't for me. still a little dry skin left in scalp. second try at co wash.

going to try nourish conditioner, had enough tingling.

going to try twist out tomorrow. twisted up in flat twists tonight, rolled ends, spiral style, on foam rollers, hope it looks good

frustrated that twistsing isn't easy adn quick. i thought this would be less time than braid out, but it took just as long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe un-doing it would be quicker

saw fat twist up do on cn, going to totally try it soon, this twisting/braiding and maintaining isn't really working out for my time line.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 24th May 2010, 8:40 pm

thanks! love the jojo oil, hair still soft.

twist out was a giant fail. too straight in some places, crinkly only at the roots.

not sure if it's cuz i'm not all natural or maybe i twisted wrong. NOT trying that again any time soon.

how to salvage for tomorrow? the roots are cute, i could roll sideways on lots of rollers and have fancy spiral curls.

or i could put in two big plaits so it won't tangle at night and then put it in pony tail or bun or just twisted up in back. i like choice 2!!! if the roots stay un disturbed, i could still put on rollers on thursday night for a surprise friday hair do.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 26th May 2010, 12:32 am

deva curl products sound good . does anyone have an ingredients list for any of them? i'm interested in a de tangler and a moisturizing spritz.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 14th June 2010, 8:40 pm

would i regret cutting my own hair to do the big chop? the relaxed hair has broken off too much to donate, so I'm just throwing it away. I would have a few inches left, so i could feel where the natural ends and relaxed starts, even in the back.

can i big cut it if it is dirty? I'd much rather wash adn condition after than before.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 14th June 2010, 9:18 pm

I feel like you can cut it dirty and then cleanse it afterwards. Just my opinion Smile

Plus after you get it wet you'll be able to see the straight ends better
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 14th June 2010, 9:54 pm

yeah, i could just wet it for cutting, then do the condition after. thanks!!

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 17th June 2010, 12:44 am

do you seal the hair? or just the scalp? this is to anyone reading this.

my hair attracts less dirt when i don't seal it also. this week end i sealed scalp with jojoba oil, nothing on hair itself. is this going ot eventually hurt the hair?

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2