CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna for Begginers-HELP

3 posters

Go down

Henna for Begginers-HELP Empty Henna for Begginers-HELP

Post by LiliJalo 13th May 2010, 6:50 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Hey Girls I've been hearing great things about henna! So i've decided to give it try!
But before i try, i have few questions!
What has henna done for hair? in terms of strenght and growth
If i apply henna on my hair does that mean i will not be able to dye my hair again?
If i do decide to add henna + indigo to hair my hair is dark brown, will that give me a draker hair colour? and if i do other henna combinations will my hair still change colour?
It is recommended to test a part of my hair before i do the whole head right?
If i wanted to achieve a colour like this > http://www.israbox.com/uploads/posts/2009-03/1237957955_leela_james-lets_do_it_again-2009.jpg or this >
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

what mix would you recommend!!?
i want to get a brownish colour and not red!
i would really appreciate if answer my questions!!
if you do have any pictures that show a similar colour plz email it to me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] on
susana_lin_2@hotmail.com

LiliJalo

Back to top Go down

Henna for Begginers-HELP Empty Re: Henna for Begginers-HELP

Post by R2D2 13th May 2010, 8:26 am

It depends on what your hair colour is to start off with. If it is very dark/black then it will be difficult to change colour and it won't go red, except perhaps showing up as highlights in the sunlight. People with lighter hair seem to be able to get the brown tone as in your picture above. It's all about experimentation!
Generally, a ratio of 50:50 henna to indigo would be a good way to start off. You can progressively make it darker as/if required.

Yes, you can dye over henna but henna cannot be removed and so the dye is going to have to work with what henna colour you have on your hair. So if you want change colours radically afterwards with a conventional dye it will be difficult and you'd have to wait until your hennaed hair had grown out.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by LiliJalo 13th May 2010, 9:42 am

ohh Thank you so much for information R2D2!! im going to try henna and indigo! what do i do lol? add both powders and hot water? do i add anything else? should my hair be clean or dirty?

LiliJalo

Back to top Go down

Post by NappyNat 13th May 2010, 3:15 pm

lilijalo you should check out submit your mix and a pic there are many henna recipes and even some pics with the end result.
NappyNat
NappyNat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down