CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for Big Sis....Hello....Anybody Out There?

+2
KinkyNappyHappy
DvaAuNaturel
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Looking for Big Sis....Hello....Anybody Out There? - Page 3 Empty Trimming?

Post by DvaAuNaturel 4th August 2010, 9:26 pm

Hey KC!!
I'm back [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] with another question. I've been doing good I think trying to try out the things you and some of the other more experienced naturals here have told me. I think my results are so so but improving. Anway, onto my question.

What do you do about trimming your hair? I've noticed that some of my twists are jsut a little bit skinnier towards the end of the twists vs being same size all the way down. I'm nervous about trimming my own hair but even more scared to have a salon do it since they ALWAYS take of more than necessary. They get scissor happy.

I've read that your twists should be the same size root to end....not get thinner/skinner going down the twist. Any tips?

Thanks!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Looking for Big Sis....Hello....Anybody Out There? - Page 3 Empty Re: Looking for Big Sis....Hello....Anybody Out There?

Post by krazy coils 5th August 2010, 9:26 am

Hey DVA! Your hair is growing girl! I didn't do my first trim until I was six months fully natural. I did that one myself. I twisted my hair and snipped the ends. I never heard about your twists being the same size from root to end but it could be true. Mine get narrower towards the end and definitely aren't the same size as the root or the middle.

Don't stress just check out the ends and make sure you don't have any split ends or they don't look ragged. I usually need a trim when I notice more tangles. Always make sure you keep your ends moisturized by spraying some type of leave-in and applying oil. I try to do this daily, this will definitely cut down on the dryness which will lead to splits.

I know how you feel about being scared of stylists. After my first trim I did myself I went to a natural stylist about 3 months later to get a professional trim and she took off way more than she needed to on the sides of my hair because this part of my hair is really coarse and she couldn't comb through it so she cut it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Believe me I was pissed! Anywho so I have decided to do my own trims going forward because I trust myself.

If you're not having a problem with split ends and breakage don't stress over trimming. If you're trying to grow your hair you want to stretch your trims or do them only as needed. Whenever the ends of my twists don't look right I simply snip the ends. I don't plan to really trim again until maybe September or October. I don't wear my hair straightened so people really can't see whether or not my hair is even. Sorry for the long post and I hope I answered your question (lol) Remember keep your hair moisturized and deep condition your hair.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Looking for Big Sis....Hello....Anybody Out There? - Page 3 Empty Re: Looking for Big Sis....Hello....Anybody Out There?

Post by DvaAuNaturel 24th September 2010, 10:10 pm

Hey KC,
I totally missed your response about the trimming....lol. I had to dig for the thread. :-)

I have a question about baggying and aloe vera gel. I want to baggy at least 1x weekly overnight. I was wondering if AVG can be used as part of my ingredients. I plan to use one of my deep conditioners to baggy. I guess I'm jsut a little confused about the best products to baggy with to increase the moisture and I know my hair likes AVG alot.

I guess I should be asking the best products (not necessarily brands) but types of products to baggy with. My hair responds really well to water, aloe vera juice, and glycerin. Should I just use my DC products to baggy? I'm just trying to figure out my options.

Thanks in advance!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum