CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In need of big sis!

2 posters

Go down

In need of big sis! Empty In need of big sis!

Post by tarsha23 29th April 2010, 12:19 am

Hi! My last perm was in June of 2009. I transitioned for about 7 months and did the big chop January 30, 2010! Im looking for a big sister who can help with telling me products that work for you...Im a 4b/c I believe..I also need hair style ideas as I wear my afro every day..As of now my regime is cowashing once or twice a week..I wash with shampoo every 2 weeks..I use cantu shea butter oil...100% shea butter..and of course water daily...
tarsha23
tarsha23

Back to top Go down

In need of big sis! Empty Re: In need of big sis!

Post by Juices-n-Berries 29th April 2010, 5:44 am

I'm a newbie, but I've learned quite a bit. I'd be willing to be a big sis. Any specific questions you have?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by tarsha23 30th April 2010, 6:18 pm

Hey..thanks so much! Yeah..when doing twist outs what products do u use? I love ur hair by the way!
tarsha23
tarsha23

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 12th May 2010, 4:03 am

Sorry it took me so long to respond. My product use varies right now, I'm still working on my reggie. But I've had success with products by Qhemet, Oyin, and Afroveda.

Some styling options you may want to try are twistouts, braidouts (very good for defining and stretching 4b hair), bantu knots, flat twists, etc.

I also think you can find ways to switch up your fro. Experiment with accessories. You can even try something as simple as changing where you place your headband for a puff. Where it's positioned and how far your hair is pulled back can give you a different look.You may even want to try doing a natural hair headband. That's a fun look to try. I'm not exactly sure how long your hair is, but if it's about the length in the avatar, there's limitless options.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum