CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna Help..Please!

+3
tiashaunteé
letha
COASTIE
7 posters

Go down

Henna Help..Please! Empty Henna Help..Please!

Post by COASTIE 26th April 2010, 12:35 pm

Hey..

So I want to try henna, but I don't want to change the color of my hair.

I went to butters-n-bars..but I'm still lost...do I buy jamila henna and cassia and mix them? or do i just buy cassia and use that?
COASTIE
COASTIE

http://www.flickr.com/photos/emceedcope/

Back to top Go down

Henna Help..Please! Empty Re: Henna Help..Please!

Post by letha 26th April 2010, 12:52 pm

I did a Henna Gloss over the weekend and I got some copper hi-lites where my gray was.. Not sure if the rest of my head would have had the hi-lites in it or not but I just followed with Indigo and my hair turned out black.. Just looking at my hair when I rinsed it out it didn't look like the color had changed that much but I am not sure if with henna as the time goes by you will see a color change

Far as cassia I am not sure about using that alone so your hair won't change color..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 26th April 2010, 12:57 pm

Henna didn't change the color of my hair that wasn't previously dyed with box dye. I only had color change where the box dye was still present on my hair.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by busyLiLmoptop 26th April 2010, 11:23 pm

If you want to keep your color I suggest mixing henna & indigo. Although you shouldn't worry too much. I was just like you, I realllyy wanted to keep my hair color, but I just went ahead and tried henna with 8 tablespoons of amla. When I first washed it out I could see this pretty auburn hint. As the days passed the color darkened and you can only see a faint auburn hue at the right angle when the sun is hitting my head. Other than that my hair looks exactly the same. HTH Very Happy
busyLiLmoptop
busyLiLmoptop

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvvTiffany 27th April 2010, 8:09 pm

This doesn't particularly answer your question. Since we go to the same school, I just wanted to tell you that there are some stores in Atlanta that sell henna. It might be cheaper and more convenient. Also, I will be hennaing this weekend, so I could tell you how my experience.
LuvvTiffany
LuvvTiffany

Back to top Go down

Post by COASTIE 2nd May 2010, 4:30 pm

thanks ladies for the responses! I will definitely be trying henna next weekend.

@Tiffany I think I've seen you around! lol. Where are these stores that sell henna? and yes..definitely let me know how your henna process goes this weekend Smile
COASTIE
COASTIE

http://www.flickr.com/photos/emceedcope/

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvvTiffany 2nd May 2010, 5:57 pm

@EMCEE My henna experience this weekend went well. I used a mix of Reshma henna, green tea, and honey. Application went smooth. I didn't make a big mess. I will say that you must deep condition afterwards. I deep conditioned and my hair still feels kind of dry so I'm looking for a better deep conditioner. I bought my henna from Cherian's International Groceries located at 751 Dekalb Industrial Way in Decatur, GA. This store sells Reshma henna, Karishma Herbal Henna, Amla, and other brands of henna. I bought 8 boxes of Reshma and 2 bags of Karishma for about 24 dollars. There's also a store called Patel's Brothers. It's located at 769 Dekalb Industrial Way.
LuvvTiffany
LuvvTiffany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkpearls 2nd May 2010, 9:16 pm

LuvvTiffany wrote:@EMCEE My henna experience this weekend went well. I used a mix of Reshma henna, green tea, and honey. Application went smooth. I didn't make a big mess. I will say that you must deep condition afterwards. I deep conditioned and my hair still feels kind of dry so I'm looking for a better deep conditioner. I bought my henna from Cherian's International Groceries located at 751 Dekalb Industrial Way in Decatur, GA. This store sells Reshma henna, Karishma Herbal Henna, Amla, and other brands of henna. I bought 8 boxes of Reshma and 2 bags of Karishma for about 24 dollars. There's also a store called Patel's Brothers. It's located at 769 Dekalb Industrial Way.

I henna'd for the first time this weekend. My experience went well also. After rinsing the henna out, 10 times, with two bottles of HH hello hydration, my hair was still dry. I deep conditioned with Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment and sat under the steamer, without a plastic cap, for one hour. Too tired from the henna experience, I put on a plastic cap, scarf, and went to bed. I rinsed the DC out this morning and my hair is soft and moisturized.
Pinkpearls
Pinkpearls

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 3rd May 2010, 10:36 am

If you want to keep your natural hair color, use cassia. It has the same conditioning properties as henna without the reddish tint.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvvTiffany 4th May 2010, 2:41 pm

@PinkPearls: I think that I'm going to deep condition tonight and see how it goes. My hair is way to dry and doesn't feel the same anymore.
LuvvTiffany
LuvvTiffany

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down