CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reshma Henna Users

+8
Ms.Fenty
WhosThatRedHead
Carolina Natural
LushAfroBush
Estiscurls
IndyPie
TheRYL1
LuvvTiffany
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Reshma Henna Users Empty Reshma Henna Users

Post by LuvvTiffany 22nd April 2010, 8:27 pm

Hey, ladies. I was looking into using Reshma Henna and wanted to know your personal experiences with it. Also, please list your mixtures that you use. Thank you in advance.
LuvvTiffany
LuvvTiffany

Back to top Go down

Reshma Henna Users Empty Re: Reshma Henna Users

Post by TheRYL1 23rd April 2010, 7:06 am

Hi LuvvTiffany!

I've used this brand of henna. It's worked fine for me...I had no trouble with it whatsoever.

My mix: coconut WATER (I got it at Whole Foods, but I've seen it in the liquor store, too), olive oil, amla oil, and honey. I have no particular measurements; I just mix until a brownie batter-like consistency. If you have any left over, just freeze it.

I've henna'd 4 times and each time I've used this mix. I had no trouble rinsing (though w/henna, you will rinse a lot!)...and my hair was not dry at all (though be sure to deep condition after rinsing the henna).

HTH
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvvTiffany 24th April 2010, 12:20 pm

Thank you, TheRYL1.
LuvvTiffany
LuvvTiffany

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyPie 24th April 2010, 3:36 pm

@LuvvTiffany- what kind of henna is in ur profile pic? That looks like a pretty red. Thanks in advance [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

IndyPie

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvvTiffany 26th April 2010, 5:59 pm

@IndyPie-Thanks. Actually, that is my natural hair color. I had a Jazzing rinse like two years ago though.
LuvvTiffany
LuvvTiffany

Back to top Go down

Post by Estiscurls 10th July 2010, 1:54 am

I am new to henna but I've henna'd and indigo'd twice now. Once I used Reshma and the other time I used "Red Henna." Reshma was the best.
Estiscurls
Estiscurls

Back to top Go down

Post by LushAfroBush 2nd August 2010, 12:16 am

I've heard great reviews about this henna. So on Friday, I went to the local Indian market and bought 12 boxes for 2.99 each. And another plus, 200 grams per box. Yowsa! That's about 1.49 per 100 grams.
LushAfroBush
LushAfroBush

Back to top Go down

Post by Estiscurls 2nd August 2010, 2:14 am

LushAfroBush wrote:I've heard great reviews about this henna. So on Friday, I went to the local Indian market and bought 12 boxes for 2.99 each. And another plus, 200 grams per box. Yowsa! That's about 1.49 per 100 grams.

"Yowsa" is right. I paid $2.99 for a 200-gram box of Reshma henna about two months ago. Most online henna is around $7.50 per 100 grams and that is a HUGE difference from $1.49. So for that kind of money, one day, I am going to order Jamila henna from the Internet and see what the difference is. I asked the girl at the Indian market if she would order some Jamila henna and I was expecting her to say it was hard to get or its very expensive but she said "sure, no problem." She said the only reason she stopped ordering Jamila is because no one bought it - everyone wanted Reshma.

Surely this "local" Jamila henna that I can pick up in the neighborhood Indian store for $1.99 (the girl said that Jamila was "a little more expensive") can't be the same Jamila henna that is purchased online for so much more!! If it is I am going to buy up ALL of their Jamila and open up an Ebay account!

To be continued.....
Estiscurls
Estiscurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Natural 2nd August 2010, 9:45 am

The Indian lady that threads my eyebrows uses Reshma henna. I haven't tried it yet as I was to scared to buy henna from the store. I've still been purchasing henna online, but being on this site has given me confidence to ventrue to the store brought kind.

Carolina Natural

Back to top Go down

Post by LushAfroBush 2nd August 2010, 8:27 pm

Estiscurls - I bought Jamila henna also for 1.99 per 100 gram box. It just makes sense to buy at your local Indian market. I won't be fooled and pay more. There are 3 Indian markets in my area and all markets said they can get me any brand henna and all Hesh powders ranging from 1.99 to 2.99 max. And another, just heard from one of the markets and was told the Karishma is in and it sells for 1.99 for 200 grams. That's it! I won't be ordering online again.
LushAfroBush
LushAfroBush

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Natural 3rd August 2010, 9:42 am

@Estiscurls have you had any luck buying Indigo at the local Indian Store? Have you ever asked them if they could order some?

Carolina Natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Estiscurls 5th August 2010, 12:42 am

I never asked the store to order indigo for me because they have it already. The store I go to had three different types of indigo. It's called "black henna" on the boxes but they are pure indigo.
Estiscurls
Estiscurls

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 5th August 2010, 7:36 am

I buy my henna from the local Indian stores as well. It seems to be MUCH cheaper than getting it online!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Natural 5th August 2010, 12:01 pm

The only thing I need to find at the Indian store now is Indigo. I can get everything else. I make a mixture of a bunch of the herbs plus neem oil and moisture milk conditioner which I made into a paste and put on my hair before I washed it. I let it sit for 30 minutes. My hair feels stronger, but stinks to high heaven because of the neem oil.

Carolina Natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Fenty 30th December 2010, 11:41 pm

have any of you ladies that buy henna from your local store also bought henna online? and if so did you have the exact same experience? For example, was the coloring about the same, and the strengthening etc....
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by Choctaw 1st January 2011, 12:15 pm

I also want to know if the online henna is better than what is available at Indian grocer.

Choctaw

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 1st January 2011, 7:06 pm

Hi Ladies, stupid question coming up in 3, 2, 1..... what is Reshma Henna and is it body quality art henna?
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by Estiscurls 2nd January 2011, 7:19 pm

ajsimmons8 wrote:Hi Ladies, stupid question coming up in 3, 2, 1..... what is Reshma Henna and is it body quality art henna?

Reshma is a brand of henna, like Jamila, or Vinita's (which I like the best because of the herb punch that's included). Yes, Reshma is BAQ.
Estiscurls
Estiscurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Estiscurls 2nd January 2011, 7:29 pm

Choctaw wrote:I also want to know if the online henna is better than what is available at Indian grocer.

Only people who buy it online think it is. Marketing is a poweful art. If they tell you that this henna was from this or that country and the date of the harvest, it makes the henna seem better, more powerful, etc. That is a bunch of Hoo-Haw but women want the best so the online henna must be better because it costs more!

I sell on Ebay and I'm thinking about selling henna in huge quantities. All I need to do is say it was harvested in Yemen, Pakistan, or India in the year 2010 and I can say you can't find this henna in the Indian markets and voila - I'm selling premium henna.

Oh BTW, you don't even really need BAQ henna to get good color since most hair is dark but most (if not ALL) henna conditions hair well.
Estiscurls
Estiscurls

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 2nd January 2011, 7:35 pm

The problem with non-BAQ henna is that its extremely difficult to wash out because its very gritty and BAQ doesn't have additives or mineral salts - I thought that was the main point of BAQ.

Oh and buying henna online IS better for me because there are no local Indian grocers in my area. I don't have a choice. Smile
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Estiscurls 2nd January 2011, 7:42 pm

CarlaAR wrote:The problem with non-BAQ henna is that its extremely difficult to wash out because its very gritty and BAQ doesn't have additives or mineral salts - I thought that was the main point of BAQ.

Oh and buying henna online IS better for me because there are no local Indian grocers in my area. I don't have a choice. Smile

First, I just did a Google search for Portland, Or, and there tons of Indian markets there. Secondly, I hear your tone in your message and I don't appreciate it.

How would you know how non-BAQ henna works? I've use it on a regular basis (Vinita's) and it washed out beautifully!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got it? And no, BAQ is not prized because of no additives (My henna has no additives either) but because it dyes well. Got it?

Estiscurls
Estiscurls

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 2nd January 2011, 7:48 pm

Estiscurls wrote:
CarlaAR wrote:The problem with non-BAQ henna is that its extremely difficult to wash out because its very gritty and BAQ doesn't have additives or mineral salts - I thought that was the main point of BAQ.

First, I just did a Google search for Portland, Or, and there tons of Indian markets there. Secondly, I hear your tone in your message and I don't appreciate it.

How would you know how non-BAQ henna works? I've use it on a regular basis (Vinita's) and it washed out beautifully!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got it? And no, BAQ is not prized because of no additives (My henna has no additives either) but because it dyes well. Got it?

Yes, I did the same search and a couple of the shops does not exist (anymore) or they don't carry henna - I called. A couple of the "Portland" shops are not actually in Portland proper = difficult to get to.

You don't "hear" any tone of my message because they are just words. You have no idea what I was feeling or my intent of the message. That was your projection.

I have tried non-BAQ henna on and off over the years and my experience has been a total fail. Got it?
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Estiscurls 2nd January 2011, 8:18 pm

Your tone is nasty. If you don't know (or admit) by now that words are not JUSt words, they're sounds and symbols that represent an idea or feeling.

Be gullible if you want to and spend lots of money on henna. No one cares. Got it?
Estiscurls
Estiscurls

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 2nd January 2011, 8:24 pm

Who said anything about "spending lots of money on henna"? I was just speaking of my experience with online vs. brick and mortar and BAQ vs non-BAQ.

Frankly, your tone was very condescending from the start.

I have no desire in keeping up an online dialogue with someone who obviously have anger/temper issues and has this insatiable need to "own" and be right. Feel free to get the last word if you need to.

Happy New Years to you!

CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 2nd January 2011, 8:26 pm

Peace and Blessings Ladies flower
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content