CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jill Scott

+2
ChrsLvsBks
Nikcoils
6 posters

Go down

Jill Scott Empty Jill Scott

Post by Nikcoils 22nd April 2010, 5:36 pm

When I listened to this video on my CD when it first came out years ago. I LOOOVED it, I was single but dating hubby, I never would have tied the concept to marriage cause Miss Jill could have easily gone the other route with this video. I feel that so many songs now just focus too much on sex and there is no more love, commitment and marriage shown in them. That plenty of youth don't even want to get married or figure why bother or marriage is painted in a negative light in the media. I love it even more as i look at it again now that I am married and have been for 6 years. I can't wait til 2040...lol Tell me what yall think?
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Jill Scott Empty Re: Jill Scott

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd April 2010, 1:18 pm

I [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Jill Scott. I do my best to see her when she is in the area. That song right there, OMGoodness! Jill Scott is a poetess and writes with so much passion. Her writings express so much and make you feel GOOD, love it!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 23rd April 2010, 1:52 pm

Jill was my inspiration for going natural. I was married at the time, my husband told me that I would look like Jill if i went natural! He loved my natural.
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 23rd April 2010, 9:57 pm

Awe! Now that warmed my heart to see a video like that! You don't see many videos like that anymore and you're right npmoore04, marriage is painted in a bad light today; the media love to jump all over celebrities with failed marriages or cheaters.

No one wants a relationship anymore they want the "stuff" with no committment
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 26th April 2010, 2:24 am

I didnt even notice that! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Well i notced the focus on sex in the media but not that is doesnt shine a good light on marriage. Hmm I guess thats why my generation is the way it is. Since the media portrays happiness with sex and money thats what (most of) my generation is going after. Hmm. . . interesting. And im sad to say i know many people who "dont believe" in marriage. smh.
Well, go ahead jill! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] represent for the married [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Cherry: extraordinary!
Cherry: extraordinary!

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 1st May 2010, 12:38 am

Listening to this song in absence of the video made me think of sheer hot butt nakey sex; but when the video came out, I was sooooooooo happy to see Ms. Jill tied the lyrics to love, commitment...MARRIAGE!!!

My hubster and I have been married for 11 years... this song has been on my playlist for years!!! It's a nice lil fiercy, saucy, classy tune for hubster and I; whereas my younger cousins think the tune is an follow-up anthem to their booty-call.... sad. Guess it all depends on the ear of the listener.
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down