CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP PLEASE?

2 posters

Go down

HELP PLEASE? Empty HELP PLEASE?

Post by Chef Lucy 19th April 2010, 9:24 pm

Hey everyone!

OK so I think it's about time I seek help. I decided to go natural in Jan. 2010 and BC'd toward the end of Feb. I'm SOOO glad I made the decision to go natural, it was long over due- I'll never go back to the creamy crack! LOL. But anyways, I digress..

Ever since then I've purchased a cornucopia of hair products that my fellow Youtuber's told me were a must have (from different types of oils, to many conditioners, styling creams/sprays, shampoos, etc). I've quickly spiraled into an unstoppable PRODUCT JUNKIE! NO BUENO (not good)! How do I stop? Anyone? Will I ever be content with a set amount or products? I don't even have that much hair for all of these hair product! LOL

I'm working on finding a regimen that works for me, as of right now I kind of switch it up every week. I would also like to know what I should be doing to promote growth. As much as I love my TWA, I feel like it's not growing. Or maybe it is growing and I'm just impatient? *SIGH* I don't know..

Advice anyone?
Chef Lucy
Chef Lucy

Back to top Go down

HELP PLEASE? Empty Re: HELP PLEASE?

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th April 2010, 9:50 pm

First, congrats on becoming a natural!

I would highly suggest trying one cleanser, one conditioner, one moisturizer, one styler and one sealer at least three times before changing them. If a mix is a total horror, you can remove one of the items to see which one caused the problem. Once you see which products your hair loves, write down the top five ingredients in the products. You can then look at ingredients before making future purchases to see whether or not it will work for you.

Second, your hair is growing. Take pictures, use a ruler to record your progress. Remember hair can grow between 1/4" to 1" a month. Be patient and it will grow.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chef Lucy 19th April 2010, 10:09 pm

Thanks soo much ChrsLvsBks! That's great advice. I have so many products it was becoming really hard to stick to anything when I have such a variety....and purchasing more every week doesn't help! LOL

But I will definitely try this. I already have a few favs that I stick to (surprisingly) so I'll just go from there.

Do you have any suggestions for maintaining moisture? I currently use Karen's Body Beautiful Hair milk and seal with a coconut oil/jojoba mix at night. In the morning I wet my hair in the shower and use a little Giovanni Direct Leave-in Condish- that's it. When I go to work (once my hair is completely dry) I use some hair milk & a little oil. Even when using the hair milk, I find that I have to use it at least a couple of times a day (my hair is so darn thirsty!). Am I using too much product this way, or should I just give my hair what it needs when it needs it?
Chef Lucy
Chef Lucy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum