CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PLEASE HELP!!!

3 posters

Go down

PLEASE HELP!!! Empty PLEASE HELP!!!

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 19th April 2010, 8:11 pm

I'm having a problem with my daughter's hair. Her hair is super short in the back and the edges. But it's long in the top. Any suggestions for how to get her sides to grow/thrive?

Also, this area used to be bald but it is slowly growing back. And, I also don't put tight braids, headbands or ponytails in her hair. Any product/routine suggestions?

Here is a pic of the problem:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

PLEASE HELP!!! Empty Re: PLEASE HELP!!!

Post by marquila2007 25th April 2010, 8:23 pm

Hello I woundn't be to worried because in the picture she looks like a little baby. I have two kids and had similar situations as you. I see a lot of babies hair like this. Its going to take some time to grow in. However if your baby can stand it try putting a du-rag or children size bonnet on her hair at night or when she sleep to decrease the amount of friction between her hair and the cotton sheets at night. Hth oh of course you can continue to take care of her hair like you do and avoid hair grease b/c it can clog the hair folicules and decrease hair growth. But you can use extra virgin coconut oil or unrefined shea butter to moisterize her hair. Have a blessed day Smile

marquila2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 26th April 2010, 12:09 am

My daughter had a similar issue. Her crown went totally bald and the front, sides, and back was long. I remember gently sprinking a tid bit of distilled water the gently massaging my baby's scalp with a lil jojoba oil on my finger tips. She luved it! I wasn't doing it to encourage growth because she was a baby and eventually the hair would grow in...I did it to keep my baby's scalp moisturized and soft. Fast forward 7 years later, now her crown is the longest section of her hair!

Just give it time and the hair will fill in!
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum