CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quickest way to a setback

+17
Kea::curls
amourabunny
agore07
cutephantasm
Jonezy
Karyn
Curlock Holmes
BekkaPoo
popsbaby
BrownSkinDiva
LaToya28
CocaColaCutie
LadyMika
A-Felice
AimWard
jlowman1
tiashaunteƩ
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Quickest way to a setback - Page 2 Empty Re: Quickest way to a setback

Post by amourabunny 25th April 2010, 3:27 pm

My diet... When I'm eating healthy (salmon, spinach, water, vitamins, etc) my hair grows extremely fast but as soon as I slack off I see the difference in growth almost immediately!
amourabunny
amourabunny

http://www.thegirlsiloveblog.blogspot.com; twitter.com/amourabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 25th April 2010, 8:06 pm

my biggest problems

#1: not realizing how many different hair types are growing on my head (which led to treating them all the same)...

#2: assuming that a more complicated/more in depth/longer regimen = healthier.

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 25th April 2010, 10:17 pm

-Not washing my hair enough.
-Breakage in the front and back of my hair from where I tie the knot in my nylons when doing a puff.
-Starving my hair of moisture by not using moisturizing products, especially on the ends.
-Ignoring split ends and not trimming every once in a while (I'm STILL doing this...when will I learn?!)
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonezy 26th April 2010, 6:48 pm

CurlyDee wrote:
Jonezy wrote:Great topic.

I agree w/ alot of the comments... trying new products frequently b/c you've seen that it works for someone else--not listening to what your own hair needs. Been there.

I got caught up by the Denman for a moment too, but quickly found out that it was the reason behind my single strand knots so I stopped using it for a while ,until I figured out when/how to use it that worked best for me.

How do you use your Denman now?

When I first got the denman I was using it on wet hair--I started from tip to root to detangle--then I would brush through my hair to the the definition others who used the Denman raved about. So I was having a field day brushing through an old kind of way after it wa detangled. I got a lot of knots doing that.

Now, I only use the Denman if I am roller setting and need for my hair to be smoother before putting the roller on. Start at the end and make sure the section is detangled, then go over the section maybe once more and hold the hair taut before putting the roller on.

I use it on pre-detangled (by wide tooth comb) dry hair sometimes too before braiding up for the night. Or sometimes for larger waves/curls if I do a roller set... some people may not advise that though. Smile
Jonezy
Jonezy

http://www.bleucoiffure.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.G 13th May 2010, 1:14 pm

I recently modified my denman brush by taking out every other row of bristles, and it works great for me now but I don't use it that often to detangle only my wide tooth comb.
Ms.G
Ms.G

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 15th May 2010, 7:23 pm

-Not doing enough protective styling! By always doing a cute braidout, I was over-manipulating my hair. My hair actually does really well with buns, it could be because I don't make them tight. I also swoop my edges, as opposed to slicking them straight back.
-I also agree with the Keep It Simple, Stupid method. LOL. By trying to add every new product I hear about, I push away those products that I know work for MY hair. I'm getting much better about sticking to what works for my hair. Why fix, what's not broken?
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 18th May 2010, 1:05 pm

LadyMika wrote:Stay AWAY from store dyes. I already had a pile of SCAB HAIR (mostly the ends). Trying to color my hair only made matters worse. I swore to myself this year that if I DO color, I'm going to use henna instead.

i agree i colored my hair myself about a month ago and i promise Iwill not do it again. My hair is hard and it looks so dry, and I also believe it changed my true texture. henna it is for me next time too.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 18th May 2010, 1:16 pm

I like the K.I.S.S method. I have to realize that I may not be able to get all the curls that the other TWA-ers are getting, so I have to stop playing follow the leader and do what my hair likes. I would prefer for the softness and the sheen then the crunchyness and dryness.

I have tried every combination to try to get my curls to POP, nothing seems to work. Its time that I love my hair for what it is and not for what i want it to be, thats why I went natural right?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum