CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque

+20
sewiknittoo
DivineFavor
rayray19
Curlock Holmes
Muz
MS. FAJA
Naturally Nu*
pdarden
TwistedKurlzz
tashafawn24
tressedforsuccess
poeticlyspkng
tfairclough
BlakButterfli
rosscd
AimWard
Juices-n-Berries
prettyinpink74
TMS
Miki
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque Empty SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque

Post by Miki 9th April 2010, 1:09 am

OMG I looove this stuff!! I was at Target picking up some things and of course wandered over to the health and beauty section (like a true PJ!) I was actually looking at the Miss Jessies product display when I noticed the SheaMoisture products below them.

I the ingredients looked great and I used the SheaMoisture body wash so I took a chance and I am so glad I did!!

As soon as I got it home I put a little in my dry hair and it instantly felt softer and moisturized. Then after co-washing I applied as a DT and a few hours later my hair was sooo soft!! i usually have to add some Aussie 3 minute miracle to detangle but I didnt have to after the SheaMoisture!!

So if you cant tell already I looove this product and I definitely recommend you give it a try, let me know your experiences!

warning: product is a bit runny eeh cake batter-ish so I wouldnt go overboard on dry hair..the smell is also great though I cant describe it..maybe a fruity-shea kinda thing..lol sorry my descriptions are terrible.

For some reason the hair products arent on the sheamoisture.com website..maybe exclusive to Target?

Idk-if I run across an ingredient list I will post
Miki
Miki

Back to top Go down

SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque Empty Adding the Deep Treatment Masque Ingredients

Post by TMS 9th April 2010, 1:35 pm

I picked this up and the Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist (smells delicious). After reading your review, I'm glad I decided to take the plunge.

Yeah, neither one of these products are on their website.

Ingredients:

SheaMoisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque

Deionized Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Argan Oil, Cetyl Esters, Sea Kelp Extract, Pathenol (Vitamin B-5), Ammonium Salt, Essential Oil Blend, Avocado Oil, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Hyssopus Officinalis Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf and Equisetum Arvense Extract, Soybean Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil.

SheaMoisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Restorative Smoothie
Decyl Glucoside (Sugar Beets), Deionized Water, African Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Vitamin E, Filtered Water, Argan Oil, Quillaya Bark Extract, Panthenol, Rosemary Extreact, Sea Kelp Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract.

SheaMoisture Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist

Deionized Water, Cacos Nucifera (Coconut Oil), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silk Protein, Essential Oil Blend, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Seed Oil, Algae Extract, Hyssopus Officinalis Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf and Equisetum Arvense Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E).

Last edited by TMS on 10th April 2010, 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Deep Treatment Masque)
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque Empty Re: SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque

Post by prettyinpink74 9th April 2010, 2:12 pm

Thx for the suggestion, Miki!

Quick question: Did you add anything to the DT, such as Olive Oil or Honey? I noticed a lot of people add other natural ingredients to store bought products and was wondering if you did the same. I just BC'd this past weekend, so tonight or tomorrow, I plan on doing my first DC. I'll actually be heading out for my bi-weekly Target run, so I'll definitely check this product.
prettyinpink74
prettyinpink74

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 9th April 2010, 4:02 pm

I tried this last night and I love it. It smells delicious and is extremely moisturizing. I didn't mix it with anything. I think it has good enough ingredients on it's own. I used it as a DT, but I even got curl definition, so I plan to use it as a leave in in the future.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by AimWard 10th April 2010, 2:32 am

More Ingredients

Shea Moisture Organic Yucca & Baobab Volumizing conditioner w/ Biotin and Bamboo extract
Deionized water, cocos nucifera (coconut oil), butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), sorbitol esters, mangifera indica (mango seed butter), persea gratissima (avocado oil), aloe barbadenis leaf extract, yucca filamentosa extract, vegetable protein, glycein soya (soy bean) oil, adansonia digitata (baobab) extract, biotin, rosemary extract, bamboo extract, lonicera caprifolium (honeysuckle) flower and lonicera japonica (japanese honeysuckle) flower extract
AimWard
AimWard

Back to top Go down

Post by Miki 10th April 2010, 7:40 pm

@PrettyinPink74 I also used it alone because the ingredients and consistency both seemed enough on their own AAAND OMG CONGRATS ON YOUR BC!! howd it go?!?

*UPDATE: I used it as a pre-poo treatment (again by itself) and when I went to co-wash my hair was sooooo easy to detangle--I'm falling more and more in love with product!!

If any one else has used it as a pre-poo let me know if you got these same results..i just want to make sure im not delusional lol
Miki
Miki

Back to top Go down

Post by rosscd 11th April 2010, 12:38 pm

I have used the coconut hibiscus moisture milk, shampoo, and moisture mist. I also tried the Deep Treatment. I cannot express how much I love these products. My hair is so soft. + they work great with my stylers. I will be re-purchasing.
rosscd
rosscd

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 14th April 2010, 3:01 am

How's the Moisture Mist working for everyone. I'm thinking of purchasing it...
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 14th April 2010, 3:38 pm

Ok. I saw these products in Target last weekend - I was also looking for MJ. I wanted to try the mask, but decided against it, since I had already spent over $50.00.

But, after reading all of this, I'll head to Target this weekend and hope they are not.

The Target I went to also had Curls and Jane Carter products. I didn't know those would be available as well. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 16th April 2010, 1:26 am

Ok. I'm tired, but have to stay up another 20 minutes or so. I DC'd with this product tonight and I LOVE it!

My hair actually felt conditined after I used it. I may try it as a leave-in at some point, but I definitely love this product.

The consistency is like cake batter and it has a very nice smell to it - a vanilla scent to me. I didn't mix it with anything either. I co-washed with HEHH and then put the Masque in my hair for about 30 minutes w/ a plastic cap on.

After washing it out, I twisted my hair using CD Healthy Hair Butter. My hair was extremely soft after I used the Masque and I am glad I used it.
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by tfairclough 16th April 2010, 1:33 am

Hi All,

I purchased the Shea Moisture Deep ... Treatment Masque (at Target) and I love it. I used it as a deep treatment, for my dry 4b 4c hair. I didn't add anything to it. My TWA was soooooo soft, detangled, and had sheen. I initially used it on my daughter's 4a 4b hair, and saw the same results. I will be purchasing this product again.

tfairclough

Back to top Go down

Post by AimWard 16th April 2010, 2:52 am

I used the Deep Treatment Masque after I henna/indigoed on Tuesday and it is the bomb! I actually detangled with it first, then I put on a plastic cap and my heat therapy wrap and WoW. Soft, soft, soft. Not a fan of the smell, but the results were so good, I don't even care. This has officially replaced Jessicurl WDT and AOHSR.
AimWard
AimWard

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 16th April 2010, 4:03 pm

Has anyone ever deep conditioned on dry hair?
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 29th April 2010, 11:23 am

Well, my Target finally re-upped their products and they had this one by SheaMoisture so I grabbed it up... LOVE IT!!!

Organic coconut & hibiscus curl and hold smoothie with coconut oil, silk protein and neem oil
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by AimWard 30th April 2010, 6:24 am

Everyone, go to Target.com and write a review for the Shea Moisture hair care products. This way, more people will buy and Target will be forced to carry the line forever [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://www.target.com/b/ref=pd_sim_cat_1_4?ie=UTF8&node=2280485011
AimWard
AimWard

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 30th April 2010, 7:54 am

AimWard wrote:Everyone, go to Target.com and write a review for the Shea Moisture hair care products. This way, more people will buy and Target will be forced to carry the line forever [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[url=http://www.target.com/b/ref=pd_sim_cat_1_4?ie=UTF8&node=2280485011
http://www.target.com/b/ref=pd_sim_cat_1_4?ie=UTF8&node=2280485011[/quote[/url]]

I did this a few days ago - I'm Trina D on there. Targe cannot lose this product and I need them to get it over in the one near my house!
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 1st May 2010, 9:16 pm

I picked this up randomly the other day. I had never heard of it before. I love it. I washed with KC Come Clean, then I detangled with the SheaMoisture and my denman brush. I had such great curl definition I left it in. My hair looked just as defined as it does with KCCC, even after it dried. 2nd day hair was pretty good, too. I can get 3 wears out of it. With KCCC, I get 5 days. That's a pretty good comparison, especially since I've never found another product that could define and hold my hair so well, even ones designed or marketed to do so.
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 1st May 2010, 10:45 pm

I was at Target today and I saw the coconut curl souffle...has anyone tried that one yet? I'm trying to get hubby to be nice to me and let me get it...
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 1st May 2010, 11:09 pm

@tasha - I've been waiting for this in my local target. I will be picking some up tomorrow. Once I use it, after my current 30 day challenge, I'll post an update.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 1st May 2010, 11:17 pm

Thanks TMS!
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque Empty Added My Review at Target.com

Post by TMS 1st May 2010, 11:18 pm

AimWard wrote:Everyone, go to Target.com and write a review for the Shea Moisture hair care products. This way, more people will buy and Target will be forced to carry the line forever [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[url=http://www.target.com/b/ref=pd_sim_cat_1_4?ie=UTF8&node=2280485011
http://www.target.com/b/ref=pd_sim_cat_1_4?ie=UTF8&node=2280485011[/quote[/url]]

Done!
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 2nd May 2010, 3:44 pm

I purchased the deep treatment masque and the curl enhancing smoothie yesterday and I love both of these products. My hair is so soft and moisturized. If the target in my area ever runs out of either of these products, I think that I might have a nervous break down. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

http://public.fotki.com/angel1907

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 2nd May 2010, 4:04 pm

@ Twisted Kurlzz; please don't have a nervous break down! Hopefully they'll keep this product in stock! I find it very interesting that Target of all places seen the need to carry product lines like Miss Jessie's, Curls, and the SheaMoisture on their shelves! Is there a natural hair revolution taking place that is growing more and more popular?

Why haven't these so-called Korean ran beauty supply stores picked up on this first; I mean after all don't they cater to black hair care needs or are they only contributing to the demise of black hair? Hmmm, makes me wonder...
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 2nd May 2010, 5:01 pm

@tashafawn24 I will try not to have one lol
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

http://public.fotki.com/angel1907

Back to top Go down

Post by pdarden 2nd May 2010, 5:06 pm

there is one ner my house that i frequent.... they are the largest i have ever seen and they carry a fairly large selection of naturaal hair products... i haven't seen mj but i wouldn't be surprised if they begin to carrry it. i had never been there and happened to ask this guy that i saw about his locs... he told me about jamaican mango and lime and told me that i could buy it at this beauty supply. i live outside of the city limits so i was surprised to see the large of array of natural hair care products.
pdarden
pdarden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next