CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Products, products, products!

2 posters

Go down

Products, products, products! Empty Products, products, products!

Post by NaturallyNormal 7th April 2010, 2:07 am

Hi Everyone,

I just did the big chop on March 19th and already my hair is growing super fast. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I went to a popular salon in Atlanta called Urban Bella where I learned the ropes on how to care for my hair. HOWEVER, they recommended Ms. Jessie's Curly Pudding and that is what I have been using. I three words...too much maintenance [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I cannot sit under the dryer every day and that is what I have been doing.

I want to try Curly Kinky products, but I spent so much money on the Ms. J's products that I know the hubby will flip if I don't use all this stuff before buying more. Does anyone have any recommendations on other products that will help with your natural curl pattern without having to sit under the dryer daily or get a white build up that looks like it just snowed on your head?

Help and thanks!
NaturallyNormal
NaturallyNormal

Back to top Go down

Products, products, products! Empty Re: Products, products, products!

Post by swoodward 8th April 2010, 6:36 pm

I do really well with KinkyCurly. But if your budget is an issue I have also heard that Eco styler (not sure which one, someone chime in?) is an option. Whatever you do though, get your hands on some shea butter (unrefined).
A trip to the supermarket is also a good idea - coconut oil is great for stir- frying and your hair and skin and Olive oil is an excellent conditioner as well as one of the best oils to cook with. That way, you get two for the price of one! Who can complain about that!

But I am not sure about your routine. Can you describe what you do and when?
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 8th April 2010, 7:14 pm

I forgot to add this - MahoganyCurls' videos are wonderful. There are a lot of wonderful vids on youtube anyway but this could be a good place to start. I think the dryer is probably too much...

https://www.youtube.com/user/MahoganyCurls#p/a/u/1/_f3C-AuxTGU

this one shows her trying eco styler a couple of ways:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MahoganyCurls#p/u/4/WFF3assK22s

She has a method to handle the white stuff too.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyNormal 8th April 2010, 7:17 pm

Seeeeeeeeeee, I was thinking that the dryer was probably too much. I sit under the dryer for at least 10 minutes EVERYDAY, and have been doing so since I did the big chop at the end of March.

Well, right now I have been wetting my hair everyday and using Curls No Poo, then putting a leave in conditioner (Motions). I use the Ms. Jessie's Curly Pudding and some of the Cantu Shea Butter oil, but I don't think it is unrefined. When I condition, I use the Motions CPR conditioner.

I don't mind making the investment in the Kinky Curly products, I just have to use these first, because I spent so much. I am in Atlanta and we have a great Farmers Market here where I can get the pure Coconut Oil for about 4/jar. I am sure they have Shea Butter. I am just tired of the flakes, etc. that come along with Ms. Jessie's.

I would like a more organic process. I need more moisture because my hair tends to be very dry. Right now it is still a lil fro-like in terms of style and length. As a matter of fact I am going to get it shaped again today, just to keep it trimmed. I just go to a barber, let him pick it out and shape it at the top (not lining me up or anything).

I have put Olive Oil in it a couple times. I have a big bottle of extra virgin that I use for cooking, so I am going to use it more often. I just don't want to run out and spend all this money on products and be stuck with a cabinet full of 'stuff' that I don't use!

I would love any other recommendations. I am going to check out Nikki's regimen and try to do that with my hair, just in terms of conditioning, etc. I must say, I have gotten addicted to the natural hair process. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I am also going to check out some of the video's you mentioned on YouTube.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, THE MORAL SUPPORT IS VERY HELPFUL!
NaturallyNormal
NaturallyNormal

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 8th April 2010, 11:08 pm

Your welcome. I bc'd at the end of march!

I am trying to use what I have too and am also trying to go organic as well. woot!

I have family in Atlanta and I know it can get unbelievably hot so you must be wondering about the dryer over the summer. Air drying will do you just as well I bet. I would play around with the amount of Miss Jessie's too.

I have heard wonderful things about Cantu. I mentioned Shea because it lasts forever.

Is this not the most fun? I love it!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down