CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's in your spray bottle?

+33
marcysuburbs
Curly_Aquarius
Furlie
jcanalena79
CurlsGalore
coilykinks
Tamren
marhia
CocaColaCutie
hurjurnee
iri9109
LilyFlower8604
Sequoia
naturallydestined
Natural Wheezes
Juices-n-Berries
KinkyNappyHappy
MsChris8
Intelligentbeauty
LadyMika
CreoleLady88
LaToya28
DvaAuNaturel
SweeTea2011
NubieNatty
naturalmommyGA
jlowman1
mstokes2008
CrissyQ
MaddingtonBear
.nikki.b.
Poundcake921
EllaMomi2002
37 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What's in your spray bottle? Empty What's in your spray bottle?

Post by EllaMomi2002 29th March 2010, 3:31 pm

Hello Fellow Naturalistas,

I'm still so very new to all of this(BC March 1, 2010). I'm trying to combat the dryness of my twa, which I believe may be partly due to the fact that I had my hubby take the clippers to it to even it out for me. I think I read somewhere that's it's better to stick with scissors (shears).

Anywhoo, it's getting better. I cowash daily, with either Giovanni Smooth as Silk or Hello Hydration. Then I use Kinky Kurly Knot today as a leave in, then the Kurling Kustard. I think I finally figured out the amounts because I 'm really liking the way my twa looks lately. But, it looks a little dry once it dries. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

At night I moisturize with my little concoction of Shea butter, Coconut oil and Vit. E.

Yesterday I made a spray bottle of water, EVOO and Vit. E. I sprayed it on last night and went to bed. My hair felt nice and soft.

I just sprayed it on my twa this afternoon to see if it'll help with the dryness/shinyness look during the day.

So, what's in your spray bottle????
EllaMomi2002
EllaMomi2002

Back to top Go down

What's in your spray bottle? Empty Re: What's in your spray bottle?

Post by Poundcake921 29th March 2010, 3:47 pm

water, EVOO, JBCO, vitamin E oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, and 2 leave-in conditioners...I only wash my hair once a week...I use my spray in the shower every day to wet my hair, moisturize, then style...and im good to go!
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by .nikki.b. 29th March 2010, 3:51 pm

When I first started I was using water with Giovanni Leave-In Conditioner and a little EVOO but right now it's just water. I've started using shea butter mixed with EVOO as my daily moisturizer. That's been working pretty well right now, but I do plan on tying some other things.
.nikki.b.
.nikki.b.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Shanikque-Brand/575929029

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddingtonBear 29th March 2010, 3:54 pm

Distilled water, sweet almond oil, joboba oil. No exact measurements, just pour and shake. I spray in my hair every morning and massage the roots.

MaddingtonBear

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 29th March 2010, 4:15 pm

i DONT HAVE A SPRAY BOTTLE, BUT I WILL TONIGHT. Smile
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 29th March 2010, 5:17 pm

Water, some Aussie moist conditioner, && nature 7 oil. I love it but I'm looking for some new oils
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 29th March 2010, 6:16 pm

70% water, 20% Giovanni Direct Leave In, 10% Aloe Vera Gel... I've been using this for about two weeks and its been working great!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalmommyGA 29th March 2010, 8:17 pm

Water, Sweet Almond Oil, and Grape seed Oil is currently in my spray bottle.
naturalmommyGA
naturalmommyGA

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 29th March 2010, 8:26 pm

aloe gro (remix) AM and PM, on my lazy days i use water mixed w/almond, jojoba, avocado, vitamin e...maybe evoo and some eo's (eucalyptus. peppermint, lavendar and rosemary)
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by SweeTea2011 29th March 2010, 8:43 pm

Hi Nubie!

I've been using the aloe gro for about 2 weeks now....my scalp has been itching like crazy. Did you have this problem when you first started using it? I haven't had to deal with an itchy scalp since Oct....I"ve recently added the aloe gro and a glycerin mix to my routine...the itchies started shortly thereafter.
SweeTea2011
SweeTea2011

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 29th March 2010, 8:52 pm

@sweett..hmmm [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . i use to wash/co-wash my hair every 2 days so my hair hasnt itched much either. however, since washin less and the longer i keep a style my hair itches more. try it without the glycerin to rule out first. for my mix i use my aloe gel w/sage-rosemary-eucalyptus-peppermint EOs with pooka hair nectar. i dont use water with it.

the peppermint should keep it from itchin so im not sure what it might be!! i know some people use it on their scalp only but i got a twa so i cant help but to spray it on my whole head.

u think it maybe the aloe gel in itself???
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by SweeTea2011 29th March 2010, 9:05 pm

@Nubie....I really think it's the aloe vera gel. I sprayed the mixture on my hair last night before bantu knotting my braid out and my head has been itching like crazy all day. I've also been noticing a build up but I think that's from the glycerin...I made a glycerin mix for my bf and he started noticing a build up a couple of days after using it. Maybe I'm just doing too much...I think for my hair less is definitely more. Maybe I'll just shelve those two products and stick with what I was doing....but then that brings me back to the question of what the crap am I going to use to moisturize my hair....this hair stuff is so frustrating [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SweeTea2011
SweeTea2011

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 29th March 2010, 9:11 pm

Most times my bottle contains just plain H20. Every now and then I add some vegetable glycerin to it. I don't know if I notice a difference or not. I'm doing so many things I can't tell to be honest.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 29th March 2010, 10:39 pm

EllaMomi, I'm having the same issue as you. My bc was also done with clippers so maybe that is the problem. My hair is super soft after DCing, but once I add product and allow it to dry, it looks so dry. I thought I had found a solution, but I'm not so sure now.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 29th March 2010, 10:42 pm

sweett; it may just be the aloe. another alternative which has been running rampant around here lately is the discovery of Carefree moisturizer. i seen it on tia and toya's bnb; its the old skool jheri curl juice. i plan on pickin some up and tryin it out since its gettin warmer too.

also dva's method of plain ol' water w/glycerin to it. even before i started usin aloe gro, my other spritzer which contained water, some oils n eo's worked just as good too!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 29th March 2010, 10:45 pm

when i first bc'd i had to figure out why my hair/scalp was so dry too but i think its common for the hair to be dry after a bc becuz u have to train your tresses all over again. mind you its been abused by chemicals for so long so a bc is just totally new. give it a good month once u stick to your routine of moisturizing and dc'in and you'll notice a difference. i had clippers used for my bc too cuz i went down to the amber rose. even now im still learnin how to keep it moisturized but makin sure i spritz in the am n pm has helped.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by CreoleLady88 29th March 2010, 10:57 pm

i have two....first i spray my hair with the aloe gro, then i spray a mix of water, infusim 23, and conditioner on top of that....its working good so far!
CreoleLady88
CreoleLady88

Back to top Go down

Post by EllaMomi2002 29th March 2010, 11:49 pm

LaToya, what kind of products are you using? I trying not to become a product and so far I've been pretty good.

I do love hearing what everyone else is doing though. So, thanks everyone for sharing.
EllaMomi2002
EllaMomi2002

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 30th March 2010, 12:10 am

I have water, two squirts of conditioner (right now it's Suave Naturals Wild Cherry Blossom--trying to get through all my conditioners), castor oil, jojoba oil and lavender essential oil.
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 30th March 2010, 6:42 am

Peppermint tea/aloe vera gel---half and half
grapeseed oil----a few drops as a preservative
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 30th March 2010, 9:15 am

EllaMomi2002 wrote:LaToya, what kind of products are you using? I trying not to become a product and so far I've been pretty good.

I do love hearing what everyone else is doing though. So, thanks everyone for sharing.

I'm all over the place really! I have some CareFreeCurl, Kinky Curly, Aveeno, Komaza, shea butter, castor oil, various gels, etc...I've been trying lots of different stuff, but it seems like most of the time the results are the same...probably because I'm not consistent. I think I'm going to give plain water and conditioner a try since conditioner seems to soften my hair the most.

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by MsChris8 30th March 2010, 12:26 pm

I have two spray bottles actually...In bottle #1 I have 2/3 water, 1/3 glycerin, some almond oil, jojoba oil, and jasmine EO. I use this spray as a daily moisturizer.
In bottle #2 I have 1/2 water and 1/2 aussie moist conditioner with a little jojoba oil. I use this for twist outs/ braid outs on dry hair mostly.
MsChris8
MsChris8

Back to top Go down

Post by SweeTea2011 30th March 2010, 12:58 pm

@Nubie....thanks for the help [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I think I'm going to mix up some water...condish (AOHSR)...and a few drops of EOs (peppermint...rosemary...tea tree) to see how that works out.
SweeTea2011
SweeTea2011

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 30th March 2010, 1:21 pm

SweeTea2011 wrote:@Nubie....thanks for the help [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I think I'm going to mix up some water...condish (AOHSR)...and a few drops of EOs (peppermint...rosemary...tea tree) to see how that works out.

I think I'm going to try this mixture as well.

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th March 2010, 2:15 pm

When I did my bc I had just plain ole water and 100% glycerin in my spary bottle. Can I say moisture city...had to stop because I couldn't keep my hands out of my hair!!! I was sliding all over the place...my desk, keyboard and chair all day long.

Now I use Oyin Frank Juice...of all the products and mixtures I've tried this is just the best thing since slice bread!!! However, that was my winter /braid regiment. I think when I take my braids down I'm going to do a mixture of water/conditioner and oils.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next