CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair day and I've got tons of questions? Help?

2 posters

Go down

Hair day and I've got tons of questions? Help? Empty Hair day and I've got tons of questions? Help?

Post by crvng4mr 8th November 2009, 12:58 pm

Okay, so I think I am on information overload with reading 6 sites completely over the past 6 wks. I have decided to go CG (curly girl method) for myself and my daughter right now. I am all natural and my daughter is transitioning. So far I am very happy with the products I have tried (Oyin handmade, Qhemet Biologics, KCKT, KCCC, Herbal Essence and Giovanni 50/50). But I need a routine....I don't do well without structure...lol. So everything I need to use has to be pretty much all natural...no parabens, no cones (or very low on list),no mineral oil or petrolum. I just bought last night Aphogee and realized I can't use it for a protein treatment or moisturizing treatment as it has mineral oil and petrolum. So here are my questions:

I'd like to do a ACV rinse but when do I do it? After I shampoo once a week? After I condish twice a week? After everything when I do a DT?

Does anyone know of a natural protein DT I can use that I can buy? What about make from things I can find in the grocery store?

Does anyone know of a moisturing DT I can use after my protein DT that i can buy(that is thick) at a store(want it today)?

So far I have been giving myself a moisturing DT once a week but that was before I went CG and my daughter twice a week. I am thinking that I will continue this way and do Protein DT once a month unless our hair notes otherwise and maybe an Auyrverdic (sp?) treatment every 6 wks. i am currently reading up on Henna but really don't want any color on my hair and concerned that my curls might drop too much.

Sorry this is long but it's driving me crazy!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Hair day and I've got tons of questions? Help? Empty Re: Hair day and I've got tons of questions? Help?

Post by D-Lish 8th November 2009, 4:29 pm

You use ACV usually as a FINAL rinse. It helps to give your hair the natural PH balance, so using conditioner afters just offsets your PH again. I wouldn't recommend condish after an acv rinse. I usually Shampoo (organic, natural shampoo since I dont use cones and have any buildup), condition my hair, rinse and then do an acv rinse with one tablespoon acv to one cup of water.

As for a natural protein treatment. Use Aubrey Organics Glycogen Protein Balancing conditioner. I personally never use protein in my hair because my hair is already coarse and hates it. But this is a great protein treatment that is raved about.

I don't recommend doing two deep treatments one after another, it is possible to over moisturize your hair but if that's what you want to do, that's fine. You can use any moisutirizing conditioner by Aubrey Organics or my favorite Lucious Locks hair mask by Karen's Body Beautiful as a deep treatment. I use the latter more often and it is the ish.

As for Henna, you can actually mix Henna with other types of plant dyes such as Indigo to keep your hair's color. Henna can loosen the curl pattern of your hair but they won't drop if you add a bit of Amla to your henna mix.
D-Lish
D-Lish

Back to top Go down

Hair day and I've got tons of questions? Help? Empty Re: Hair day and I've got tons of questions? Help?

Post by crvng4mr 8th November 2009, 6:23 pm

Thanks so much for your response. I am heading out now and don't know if Aubrey Organics is sold in any stores near me but I will look in a few. Also after the ACV what do you put in your hair? Your styler? I haven't been using a styler but I have been using butters, is that okay?
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by D-Lish 8th November 2009, 7:54 pm

After ACV I put in my moisturizer and if I plan to style, I use my styler. Depending on your hair, acv might dry it out a bit, that also depends on how much you use in your water. Don't over-do it or it might make your hair feel like straw. (I was silly enough to pour straight acv on my coarse head) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I dont use another product as a styler usually, I use butters too! That's fine. My creams and butters I use when I style my hair in braids or twists. Aubrey Organics can be found in health stores such as whole foods, vitamine shoppe and the trader joe's in nyc here sells it too.
D-Lish
D-Lish

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 8th November 2009, 9:00 pm

Thanks D-Lish! Unfortunately the Whole Foods is 45 min away from me so I went to my brand new Target and stood in there for 30 min with 3 condish in my hand. lol! Anyway I decided on the Burts Bees don't think it has protein in it but whatever. I detangled with Qhemet Ghee and then washed with Giovanni 50/50(so that has protein in it) and now I am sitting with the Burts Bees in my hair. When I rinse it out I am going to condish with Oyin's Honey Hemp and rinse out then the ACV.

I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks so much, again and I will pick up Aubrey Organics when I head to Whole Foods again.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by D-Lish 8th November 2009, 9:41 pm

You're welcome crvng!!! Hope it goes well. I never tried Burt's Bees, but I do hear it has some chemicals in it.
D-Lish
D-Lish

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 9th November 2009, 12:42 pm

Okay i used the Burt's Bees Hair Repair Shea&Grapefruit Deep Conditioner 2 minute treatment.

The ingredients are : Water, cetrimonium bromide&ccetearyl alcohol, sucrose ester, vegetable glycerin, honey, shea butter, glucose, betaine, grapefruit oil, orange oil, lemon oil, tangerine oil, lime oil, ginger oil, petitgrain oil, arabic gum, polysorbate 60, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase.

My daughter used it also. She left hers on for 30minutes no heat and her hair was soooo soft. I left it in over night because I was cleaning until late then on the computer. i rinsed out this morning and it was extremely soft. I like it so far...let's see what happens when it dries.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by D-Lish 9th November 2009, 1:07 pm

sometimes my hair only feels soft when it's wet but once the deep condish is rinsed and dries...my hair turns hard. lol. Hope your hair has better luck than mine.
D-Lish
D-Lish

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 9th November 2009, 1:46 pm

So far the Oyin Honey hemp and Qhemet's Alma & Olive have left my hair very soft after it dried. Prior to that Nexxus and the Herbal Essence haven't. The Suave Tropical Coconut I liked it left my hair soft but because of the protein i can't use it as often.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down