CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tried Henna...I dont see a difference =(

5 posters

Go down

Tried Henna...I dont see a difference =( Empty Tried Henna...I dont see a difference =(

Post by elleeccentric 7th November 2009, 4:16 pm

So I tried henna yesterday and I didn't notice any difference in color...

I bought the henna from the site Nikki suggested. I mixed the henna with green tea, about 1/4 table spoon of lime juice and a little bit of coconut oil. (I may have added too much water to the mix, it was pretty liquidy after mixing in the henna.)
Anyway, I let it sit over night, applied the next day and left it for about 5 hours. Rinse then deep condition with ORS olive oil replenishing pack mixed with Organix shea butter conditioner and sweet almond oil (this mix smelled SOOOOOO good!! and it left my hair super soft. This was my first time trying this mixture. I'll def do it again).

Did I do something wrong? Cause I see no color change at. Does a change in color become apparent after multiple applications?
Looking for some guidance from the henna veterans on here..lol
Thankls in advance.

Last edited by elleeccentric on 7th November 2009, 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Tried Henna...I dont see a difference =( Empty Re: Tried Henna...I dont see a difference =(

Post by AfrikanLatina 7th November 2009, 5:18 pm

If your just in regular indoor lighting you probably won't see a difference. That has been my experience. However if I take a photo of my hair or go outdoors I do notice a difference. After my first application it was hardly noticeable and even now you won't notice unless the lighting is right indoors or if I'm outside in the sunlight. Thats just my 2 cents. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Tried Henna...I dont see a difference =( Empty Re: Tried Henna...I dont see a difference =(

Post by elleeccentric 7th November 2009, 5:51 pm

Hey, thanks for the reply!
I have looked in the sunlight but i didnt see anything. maybe its just me or it's to subtle to be noticed... mhum.
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyamazon 7th November 2009, 8:58 pm

There are a couple of reasons for not seeing a color change...first, your hair is dark brown, so you may not even see a hint of color...not even in the sun at all. But I have noticed that if you clarify your hair first and apply the paste (mixed without any oil) to damp hair, the dye uptake is much better. Use oils when you deep condition after rinsing the henna out. The idea for maximizing your chance for getting a bit of henna color is to get rid of as many of the "barriers' to the dye as possible, i.e. old product build-up, natural body oils in your hair, oils in the henna paste. Hope this helps:)
curlyamazon
curlyamazon

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 7th November 2009, 9:29 pm

@ curly amazon -- I *heart* your hair!
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyamazon 7th November 2009, 9:38 pm

@ cutephantasm--THANKS!! That's the first hair compliment that I've gotten in a VERY long time:)....BTW, what's your gym routine, cuz wow...Can I be like you when i grow up?!
curlyamazon
curlyamazon

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 7th November 2009, 10:18 pm

@curlyamazon - I dont have a routine per se....good genes & healthy eating!!

what did u do to get your hair like that??
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by laughlovelivelife 7th November 2009, 10:47 pm

To add my two cents-- I didn't really see a change until at least the 2nd application in. Try it at least a couple more times...check in out in the sun before u give up it. Me<-- henna love for life!!
laughlovelivelife
laughlovelivelife

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 8th November 2009, 3:55 am

Thanks for all the tips ladies. i'll try another application and see how it goes.
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down